Penn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State

Hope Penn can fight off the injury bug down the stretch and win 5 of 6 to remain in the top 16 rankings, their huge following will help out with attendance for sure in the tournament.

Re: Penn State

Originally posted by Dangle View Post
    Hope Penn can fight off the injury bug down the stretch and win 5 of 6 to remain in the top 16 rankings, their huge following will help out with attendance for sure in the tournament.
    Depending on where they are seeded.
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Other teams are quaking in their boots about having to play Penn

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Other teams are quaking in their boots about having to play Penn
        +1

Comment

Way to go!!

@THON: And the total for THON 2016, Believe Beyond Boundaries, is... $9,770,332.32!!!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I know Penn State hockey draws well for home games at Pegula Arena. I know Penn State football has a tremendous following even for road games.

Do Penn State hockey fans follow their team on the road in anything resembling the numbers that the football fans do?

Comment

I see two 40-year old PSU mopes are in a super secret location in Pennsylvania making two replica clay sculptures of the since-removed Joe Paterno statue with slight modification. Modification being that he is holding up a fist in defiance rather than a number one finger that he has up in the original statue.

Yea, he is in defiance of reporting kid diddlers on his coaching staff to the authorities. What a ridiculous place.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                I see two 40-year old PSU mopes are in a super secret location in Pennsylvania making two replica clay sculptures of the since-removed Joe Paterno statue with slight modification. Modification being that he is holding up a fist in defiance rather than a number one finger that he has up in the original statue.

Yea, he is in defiance of reporting kid diddlers on his coaching staff to the authorities. What a ridiculous place.
                The "Hockey Valley" written on their ice is cute though!

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I know Penn State hockey draws well for home games at Pegula Arena. I know Penn State football has a tremendous following even for road games.

Do Penn State hockey fans follow their team on the road in anything resembling the numbers that the football fans do?
                  All of those football fans are going to pile in to RVs and head east to tailgate in the streets of Worcester on Easter weekend.

OK just kidding. BC/HE I think got a new username.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I'm not sure how many will travel, but I know Penn State draws a big crowd from local alums. When Penn State's wrestling team came to BU 2 seasons ago it was the first (and last) sellout for wrestling at BU.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Well, perhaps Penn State alumni in other areas get excited about sports other than football.

The Harrisburg Patriot-News, which prides itself on being the authority on Penn State football, pays almost no attention whatever to Penn State hockey. A couple of weekends ago, they reported that Penn State had salvaged a split of a weekend series against Michigan State by winning Saturday's game in a shootout, after Michigan State had won the Friday game, 6-1.

The score of Friday's game actually was 6-1, but it was Penn State, not Michigan State, that scored the six goals.

The paper never printed a retraction, which indicates that the wildly mistaken report of Friday's result didn't draw enough of a reaction among the Patriot-News' readers to get the paper to take notice.

Comment

Penn State hockey draws very well away from State college they put over 13000 in Madison Square a month ago and over 9000 in Philly's fargo centre in November, they have along way to go but are in only their fourth year of hockey in Div 1. Next year will be their first year of all recruited players that never played for the club team prior to div1.
                        Last edited by Dangle; 02-23-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangle View Post
                          Penn State hockey draws very well away from State college they put over 13000 in Madison Square a month ago and over 9000 in Philly's fargo centre in November, they have along way to go but are in only their fourth year of hockey in Div 1. Next year will be their first year of all recruited players that never played for the club team prior to div1.
                          I wouldn't count the MSG game as your attendence (even though it technically was your home game). Are you forgetting that you played Michigan that game? By no means am I saying that you don't have a hockey fan base, quite the contrary as you do have an impressive following for a still new program. I heard that Penn State brought 8 busses with students up to the game at MSG and that the crowd was 50/50 at that game. So if there were 13k at the game that means maybe 6500 were PSU fans, 500 of those were students/local parents from the busses so PSU attracted roughly 6k. Not bad but not 13k.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

How many Penn St fans made it to the Big 10 tourny last year (or will go this year)?

Comment

Fair enough I wasn't trying to imply that they were all Penn State fans but they still have a decent attraction for a new program, I think it is always scary for a new program to come on board and not falter. I just hope that the college game in general continues to grow and it would be great if all the playoff games would be full.

Comment

Working...
                              X