Penn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State

It starts with a great facility for sure but the coach Gadowski has been around for a long time built up Princeton and Alaska both over his years there. His assistance coaches need a lot of credit as well for recruiting as well as they have but it is early so I would have to think that they will fall a little but would like to see them challenge for a spot in the tournament. It is a very fun place to watch college hockey and would rate up there with any of the top college rinks and student section.

Comment

Penn State now #1 in the Pairwise.

Comment

#1 in today's USCHO poll and not one post here in nearly a month?
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Amazing, in five years, congrats to Happy Valley !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Depending on what you believe Penn State's strength-of-schedule is from 22 (USCHO-RPI) to 35 (USCHO-KRACH) to 48 (Massey).
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              #1 in today's USCHO poll and not one post here in nearly a month?
              I've been wanting to post but I had forgotten my password and was too lazy to recover it until now lol. Very excited about this team. Saturday's game was a thriller as we essentially knew our first ever #1 ranking was on the line and MSU gave us everything they had for 2.5 periods. Was awesome when we finally broke the game open. Very excited about this team and excited to go see them in Philly in a couple weeks.

Huge series against Ohio State coming up first, though. I'm sure we'll need both of those games to maintain our spot.
              Last edited by nappyvalley; 01-17-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Looks like Penn State is going to have to develop some grit real soon their small forwards were cruising early in the year but look more like marshmallows now down the stretch. They look like an easy team to coach against over the last 3 weeks and not sure why the juggling of all the lines all of a sudden but they better get it together real soon or they will fall right out of the rankings.

Comment

Man, the Nittany Lions better stop this free fall soon... They have almost played their way out of the NCAA tournament. Is Jones hitting a wall between the pipes? I know the level of competition has increased the last couple of weeks, too. I know they get another shot at Minnesota in a few weeks. C'mon boys, let's right the ship!
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Good to see the boys have a good game last night hopefully they can keep it going, the games will get tougher from here on in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dangle View Post
                      why the juggling of all the lines all of a sudden
                      Mostly due to either sitting out players, sickness or injury. For instance, they'll have to adjust for Kerr being out this weekend so moving the D lines around a little will be necessary.

As for getting tougher, definitely the next two weeks. After that we'll see. It should be a good pair of games this weekend and hopefully much different than playing in Minn. since they're coming off a great pair of road wins. But Wisco will be on the hunt to redeem themselves coming into the Peg.
                      Last edited by HockeyTherapy; 02-15-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Re: Penn State

Let's get it on!!

Comment

Penn State is really Omaha-ing it up these past few weeks. It's gonna be funny when they miss the tournament.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Penn State is really Omaha-ing it up these past few weeks. It's gonna be funny when they miss the tournament.
                            Did UNO recently sweep at UW also?

Although it's true at #6 they sadly have the same # of L in 2017 as #12 SCSU and risk falling out.

Comment

I couldn't get PSU out, even being swept by the goofs, but I did fairly easily get them to 11. I was able to get St Cloud out though( at 15) and not too hard to do.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I couldn't get PSU out, even being swept by the goofs, but I did fairly easily get them to 11. I was able to get St Cloud out though( at 15) and not too hard to do.
                                I don't remember saying St. Cloud was better than Penn State, so I'm not sure why you are comparing the two teams. That's probably a toss-up if they played each other. I said Penn State is choking. They are. St. Cloud was never even in the top 10 in the country, let alone number one.

I went on CHN and put in splits the rest of the way for Penn State and got them down to 15, so you must not have tried hard enough to get them out. A sweep for Vermont or BC when they play each other likely puts them ahead of Penn State too.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X