Season 95, Vol 2: Michigan Tech '15-'16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Season 95, Vol 2: Michigan Tech '15-'16

Terrific senior night for Phillips with his record-setting shutout, Petan with the game winning goal, and the rest of the boys. I feel like they'll stay focused and finish the sweep.
    I have a pet peeve, minor issue but: why do certain linesmen spend SO MUCH TIME faking faceoffs, jawing at the players if they flinch, faking it again, jawing some more, then kicking them out of the circle to start all over with a winger? You have one job: just drop the puck. I hate when these guys are so hungry for respect/attention/whatever that they add 10 minutes to a game.
    Last edited by geezer; 03-04-2016, 10:59 PM.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Guaranteed 2nd place 2 years in a row, first still a slight possibility, why does this all feel so familiar.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Guaranteed 2nd place 2 years in a row, first still a slight possibility, why does this all feel so familiar.
        I don't know, but I like this feeling a lot better than the feeling 6-7 years ago. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          The UAA sweep at home is going to bone us out of the MacNaughton for another year, isn't it?

Of course, there are other home losses to point to, but those two just sting the most.
          Yep. That weekend is haunting.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
            I don't know, but I like this feeling a lot better than the feeling 6-7 years ago. 😉
            I'm hoping that winning a share of the cup tonight goes to the Mavs heads a bit, and they have a letdown against BSU, so Tech can sweep in and take 1st.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

For perspective...

No senior class from 2000-2014 won more than 47 games during their four year run in Houghton.
              The 2015 senior class finished with 65 wins.
              The 2016 seniors to date have collected 69 wins over their four years, and might get 3 or 4 more.
              The last senior class to exceed 69 was 1985 with 79 wins (1981-85).
              That 1985 senior class was the last of a TWENTY-FOUR year consecutive run of classes who won at least 75 games during their four years.
              The senior classes from 1975 to 1978 all exceeded 100 wins during their four years.

It's been a good couple years for Tech hockey, and hopefully the best is yet to come.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

"Leave the program in a better state than it was when you arrived."

They are all Custodians and Stewards of the program, culture, and tradition of Michigan Tech hockey. The challenge for next year's seniors will be to raise the bar again.....after this year's seniors are done raising it. They still have the crane powered up and hard hats on.

Comment

Very good effort last night from a team feeling it right now, this team deserves a share of the title, I hope Bemidji pulls it off tonight.

Comment

Good news! Mankato forgot about Tech and the tie-breaker, they skated with the Cup last night and celebrated a premature conference "championship." JINX! I want our guys to think about this dis before tonight's game.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      Good news! Mankato forgot about Tech and the tie-breaker, they skated with the Cup last night and celebrated a premature conference "championship." JINX! I want our guys to think about this dis before tonight's game.
                      uhm, they won at least a share of the conference championship yesterday...That is completely normal within historical context.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        uhm, they won at least a share of the conference championship yesterday...That is completely normal within historical context.
                        oh hush now. You're killing the motivation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I was wondering this last night, is the Cup on the way to Marquette today?
                          I know it is going to be tough to beat the Cats in their barn, but wondered with 3 teams in the mix, how would they handle the trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            I was wondering this last night, is the Cup on the way to Marquette today?
                            I know it is going to be tough to beat the Cats in their barn, but wondered with 3 teams in the mix, how would they handle the trophy.
                            I don't think so, we cannot even have a share of the Cup until the result in Mankato is known. It could go to Houghton, players could celebrate late Saturday night or Sunday with it if we get the MSU L and we win.
                            Possibly having a pre/post-game presentation for the fans the following weekend would be a great way to start the playoffs.

Comment

Well here's how it looks to me, absent any further info past this weekend.

If Omaha loses tonight, they get Denver again in the playoffs and if they lose that, they are most likely out.
                              Lowell will most likely get BU in the semi's next week. I expect BU to win, assuming they do, Lowell's season will be done and clinging to 12th or maybe 13. I don't think they will fall all the way out.

Michigan State, if they can get a tie tonight will help us a lot,even if not, Minnesota will have to sweep Wisconsin, and win 2 games in the playoffs to get in. I think they might, but it's tough.

Penn State, assuming Michigan sweeps them next week, is in trouble. If they can get a win, they still need at least 1 win and maybe 2 in the playoffs to make it.
                              Duluth- plays Miami (most likely) in the playoffs best of three, so they could get Miami 5 times in a row. Tonights game is huge for them.
                              Duluth has to win 3 of the 5 to stay over 500. They have 4 more games to win 2.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                I... wondered with 3 teams in the mix, how would they handle the trophy.
                                A three-way tie has been eliminated with BGSU's loss last night. The only thing left to be determined is if Mankato shares the Cup or is the sole winner - Only possible with a Mankato loss and Tech win.

IF... That scenario above happens, I think it would be nice to see Tech skate the Cup following their first round playoff series at home. It either caps off a winning playoff weekend or at the very least gives the team/fans a happy ending to the season as a home playoff loss will pretty much end Tech's season.

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X