This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    FYI - Recruit Mike Robinson among the invitees for the Strelow National Goaltending Camp.
    http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=666974
    Pretty cool that UNH Alums Ayers and Conklin are there to work with Robinson...Always appreciate you coming here with Wildcat news btw!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Pretty cool that UNH Alums Ayers and Conklin are there to work with Robinson...Always appreciate you coming here with Wildcat news btw!!
      Where's Cap Raeder?

Comment

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2016 and Beyond

"Guelph Storm 2nd round pick still weighing options for next season"

"I'm just kind of weighing all my options and seeing what comes. I'll come to a decision soon, but I really do love the OHL," Hillis said Saturday at Shift fitness."

"While he has given no indication that he doesn't intend to sign with the Storm, eyebrows were raised when he was taken in the fourth round of the United States Hockey League draft by the Youngstown Phantoms."

"Hillis, a Clarington resident whose best friend is Storm forward Matt Hotchkiss's younger brother."

Sidenote: Youngstown Phantoms Head Coach John Wroblewski was named HC of the NTDP U18 team today.
        Last edited by C-H-C; 05-16-2016, 12:46 PM.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

"I'm just kind of weighing all my options and seeing what comes. I'll come to a decision soon, but I really do love the OHL," Hillis said Saturday at Shift fitness."

"While he has given no indication that he doesn't intend to sign with the Storm, eyebrows were raised when he was taken in the fourth round of the United States Hockey League draft by the Youngstown Phantoms."

"Hillis, a Clarington resident whose best friend is Storm forward Matt Hotchkiss's younger brother."

Sidenote: Youngstown Phantoms Head Coach John Wroblewski was named HC of the NTDP U18 team today.
          C-H-C,

What's the Cameron Hillis content about?

Comment

Why would a QC kid who "loves" the OHL care if he was drafted to play in the USHL by the future US NTDP HC?
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
              C-H-C,

What's the Cameron Hillis content about?
              There were posts on this thread that said UNH was interested in Hillis.
              Last edited by C-H-C; 05-16-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6250378

01-06-2016, 08:32 PM #904
                  bomberhockey
                  recruiting is starting to be more focused! Word has it Souza and Stewie had the top 2000 recruit on campus recently, just MVP of Midget Minor Silver Stick in Ontario!
                  Providence is so stacked that it just deferred the BCHL's 4th leading scorer (Kawaguchi) (http://wcfcourier.com/sports/hockey/...0ec660b97.html) and top USHL defenseman, UNH alum Jake Ryczek. (We discussed UNH and Kawaguchi here last year, an ironic discussion given the past 12 months (*) They just got a late commitment from top Euro to play immediately, have BCHL's top scorer (Conway), and a late Ivy de-commit (Duhaime). As others have pointed out, Borek is good at getting volume, and right now is also getting skill. It will be interesed to see if Borek's love of deferrals of kids who really are ready to come to college ends up bouncing back at Borek, like it did with Vecchione and Laleggia. One thing in his favor is that PC is walking away from its ealy commit mistakes, which UNH did not do, and which really hamstung UNH in the past couple of years as the early mistakes were more common.

* http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6166017

So a 5'8" forward who scored 17 fewer points than Liam Blackburn in the BCHL last season and was drafted 153th overall in the 2015 USHL draft commits to the National Champion and you see that as proof that a jumbotron won't help UNH's ability to recruit top prospects? That's a bit of a stretch.
                  Or, as one could look at it, scored 11 more goals and 13 more points in their comparable age 17 seasons (Or 16 more points than Grayson Downing in his age 17 season) Sort of kid UNH always used to get over Providence, but winning an NC with a young coach will reverse that pretty quick -- Jumbletron or no jumbletron.
                  Kawaguchi is going to Providence in the 2016-17 season. UNH will be losing four forwards to graduation at the end of the 2015-16 season - MacDonald, Correale, Smith, and Gaudreault (Hill has two more years of eligibility). At the start of the 2016-17 season, UNH will have 13 returning forwards - Foegele, Hill, Salvaggio, McNicholas, Eiserman, Kelleher, Poturalski, Bourque, Nazarian, Vela, Kalinowski, Miller and Cefalu. There are three UNH recruits who play forward and will be coming to Durham in the Fall of 2016 - Liam Blackburn, Brendan van Riemsdyk, and Patrick Grasso. That gets the 2016-17 squad up to 16 forwards. In addition, there is a chance either Charlie Kelleher, Joey Cipollone, Justin Fregona, or Aaron O'Neill will come in the Fall of 2016. With 16 or 17 UNH forwards on the 2016-17 team, I don't see where there was any room for Kawaguchi.

When Liam Blackburn verbally committed to UNH out of the BCHL, you were quick to credit Glenn Stewart's recruiting abilities. Do you believe that Stewart went hard after Kawaguchi, even though there was no room for him in 2016.
                  Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-17-2016, 08:17 AM.
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Born 24 June 2000

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

Providence is so stacked that it just deferred the BCHL's 4th leading scorer (Kawaguchi) (http://wcfcourier.com/sports/hockey/...0ec660b97.html) and top USHL defenseman, UNH alum Jake Ryczek. (We discussed UNH and Kawaguchi here last year, an ironic discussion given the past 12 months (*) They just got a late commitment from top Euro to play immediately, have BCHL's top scorer (Conway), and a late Ivy de-commit (Duhaime). As others have pointed out, Borek is good at getting volume, and right now is also getting skill. It will be interesed to see if Borek's love of deferrals of kids who really are ready to come to college ends up bouncing back at Borek, like it did with Vecchione and Laleggia. One thing in his favor is that PC is walking away from its ealy commit mistakes, which UNH did not do, and which really hamstung UNH in the past couple of years as the early mistakes were more common.

Finnish player

Comment

you are correct and I am embarrassed about my incorrect description (I would beg that being part of EU might get me partial credit)
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

I watched Kawaguchi play online a number of times in the Chilliwack vs West Kelowna (with Liam Blackburn) BCHL playoff series. He is 19 years old, undersized, fast, and crafty (Micflikier-like). He's played three full seasons with Chilliwack, was their Captain this season, and looked to me like their second best forward next to Sukumaran (another PC commit). A good case could be made that he's ready to play Division I hockey next season. Although the Heisenberg spread sheet is not always up to date regarding which players have signed a National Letter of Intent, it indicates that Kawaguchi has not yet signed an NLI with Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Where's Cap Raeder?
                            A mutual friend told me that Cap doesn't follow college hockey much anymore. Supposedly he is a big Red Sox fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              you are correct and I am embarrassed about my incorrect description (I would beg that being part of EU might get me partial credit)
                              Watcher
                              Of course you were very very close, deduct 1/2 of a commit on your next breaking story. You're rating is 98.5%

Comment

Wait, Finland's not in Europe anymore?
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X