This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2016 and Beyond

Taking this way off topic, but if I can't do it for Mr. Hockey, then I'll never have a better excuse ...

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...lbom/85703164/
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

UConn home schedule announced, which includes UNH visit to Hartford on February 25th; what does this post have to do with recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        I'm guessing the apple of UNH's eye, Cameron Hillis, will not be reporting for duty to Durham
        https://twitter.com/Storm_City/statu...27704314122240
        Guelph is getting some heat because Hillis has not yet committed to the OHL route.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

"UNH Recruits Update: Final 2015-16 Stats"
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Of all the names listed / commented on in CHC's nice summary, the one that sticks out most prominently, numbers-wise, is 2018 recruit:

> Player Team League GP Goals Asst Pts PIM
            > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            > Angus Crookshank (F) BWC Prep CSSHL 35 42 19 61 56

Nearly 2 pts./game, and a controlled skater to boot, averaging less than a single minor penalty/game. What's the skinny re: the quality of the competition he's facing in the CSSHL? Is anyone aware of any comparables, i.e., other players from this league who've successfully transitioned to impact players at a DivI school? Is he likely to move up to a higher quality league in the 2 years before he (hopefully) shows up in Durham? For all of Watcher's talk re: UNH's continuing failure to lock up a proven (League Top 10 or 15) scorer, is there enough upside here with Crookshank to think he might make that leap at his next pre-NCAA stop? Is Wildcat Nation justified in turning its lonely eyes to Angus? Random thoughts/questions on a lazy Sunday afternoon ...

Comment

• Mark Divver had a tweet today saying Joona Koppanen has drawn interest from UNH. Of course he named other HEA schools too. So I guess unless Tampere is a section in Reading don't pencil him in your line charts yet.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Mark Divver had a tweet today saying Joona Koppanen has drawn interest from UNH. Of course he named other HEA schools too. So I guess unless Tampere is a section in Reading don't pencil him in your line charts yet.
                I'm going to the B's dev camp scrimmage Friday, Divver also tweeted Nate Leaman was there checking out the camp today. I'll see if anyone we know is in the stands...

Update: didn't see any UNH coaches (doesn't mean they weren't there) but did see Norm Bazin...
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM.
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  Jeff, I'm a bit confused given your scouting report of him at the Select Festival last summer (http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nsemen-goalies), rating him the 26th best defenseman. You also noted his skating issues, with which I agree. So, you have a big kid dominating a weak league. Lots of kids with a stick skills and a physical advantage can take advantage of that. He has raw skills, so if he can improve his skating he'll be a good D, but at present, he has not elevated when head to head with more talented players.
                  From the Select 17 Festival, Jeff Cox ranks Corson Green as 19th best defenseman (he was 26th ranked D last year at the 16 Festival) with the following writeup:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...aft-amherst-ny

19. Corson Green, Black #4, Left Shot, 6'2"/206, Potsdam, NY, Chicago Steel (New Hampshire) -€” He's an intriguing prospect because of his size and mobility. His stride isn't the prettiest, but he's able to move the puck up ice with his skating and outlet passes due to his above average vision. He has a hard shot and likes to jump into the offense. Once he works on his first step with more explosiveness, he could be even more of a threat. He'll always be an offensive-minded blue liner, but he has the size and physical tools in order to become better defensively.
                  UNH's only other 99er, Lucas Bahn, did not make the tournament.

Newburyport's Ben Mirageas -- going to Providence -- was top ranked D.

This 13-year old kid looks like he may amount to something.

http://collections.banq.qc.ca/erezFu...fsi/188334.fsi
                  Last edited by NCAA watcher; 07-21-2016, 03:59 PM.
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 33m33 minutes ago
                    Former Junior Bruins defenseman Josh Couturier is leaving Boston College. Look for him to end up north off 95 at another Hockey East school.

‏@AB670 12m12 minutes ago
                    @JeffCoxSports UNH or UMO?

Jeff Cox
                    ‏@JeffCoxSports
                    @AB670 UNH

Looks like you guys are getting a new defenseman

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
                      Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 33m33 minutes ago
                      Former Junior Bruins defenseman Josh Couturier is leaving Boston College. Look for him to end up north off 95 at another Hockey East school.

‏@AB670 12m12 minutes ago
                      @JeffCoxSports UNH or UMO?

Jeff Cox
                      ‏@JeffCoxSports
                      @AB670 UNH

Looks like you guys are getting a new defenseman
                      Weigh in 'Cat fans...how do we feel about this is this happening?!? Here are his Freshman stats for the Eagles:

AS A FRESHMAN (2015-16): Played in 33 games … tallied two goals and four assists; notched five points – two goals and three assists – in 19 Hockey East contests … recorded one multi-point performance against Connecticut (1/23) … recorded his first collegiate point with an assist on Colin White’s first collegiate goal against Wisconsin (Oct. 16) ... scored his first-collegiate goal at Connecticut (Nov. 24).

So if this player is really coming to the U and can skate the puck out of the zone well then hey I'm psyched!
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-21-2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Weigh in 'Cat fans...how do we feel about this is this happening?!? Here are his Freshman stats for the Eagles:

AS A FRESHMAN (2015-16): Played in 33 games … tallied two goals and four assists; notched five points – two goals and three assists – in 19 Hockey East contests … recorded one multi-point performance against Connecticut (1/23) … recorded his first collegiate point with an assist on Colin White’s first collegiate goal against Wisconsin (Oct. 16) ... scored his first-collegiate goal at Connecticut (Nov. 24).

So if this player is really coming to the U and can skate the puck out of the zone well then hey I'm psyched!
                        For next season, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          For next season, right?
                          He will have to sit out this coming season to transfer. Looks like he is leaving because he is almost certainly BC's 8th D on the depth chart. IMO he is at best a 3rd pair D in Hockey East and not some player to get "psyched" about, HockeyRef.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            He will have to sit out this coming season to transfer. Looks like he is leaving because he is almost certainly BC's 8th D on the depth chart. IMO he is at best a 3rd pair D in Hockey East and not some player to get "psyched" about, HockeyRef.
                            Well at this point UNH needs strong defenseman and of course I know nothing about the player...so will be interested in hearing more about him. And while I hate to say it..3rd Dpair for a BC team looks quite different for UNH at the present I'll just leave it at that.
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-22-2016, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Well at this point UNH needs strong defenseman and of course I know nothing about the player...so will be interested in hearing more about him. And while I hate to say it..3rd Dpair for a BC team looks quite different for UNH at the present I'll just leave it at that.
                              He's 4th pair at BC, 3rd pair at a UNH type school, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                Bear in mind also that before moving over to BC, he was at Northeastern, where he couldn't seem to be more than a spare part on a team that needed defense.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X