X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
    I'm genuinely concerned this year.
    I've been concerned for a few years now. Pretty much when Jerry lost his eyesight and half his coaching staff at about the same time.

We really need to think of a succession plan soon. Very soon.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

given what we've seen from the master, failboat blasi would be the alpha and the omega of his list

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmont_63 View Post
        I'm genuinely concerned this year. BC returns some good players (White, Fitzgerald, Cangelosi, Gaudreau, and Calnan), but they lack a lot of depth. I think they'll benefit from this class in the coming years because no one except maybe Woll will leave early (I think there's a chance Woll leaves after his junior season). Our recruiting class next year is legit. Hutsko, Tortora, Cassetti and Tolvanen will be much needed additions. I'm not worried at all about Tolvanen. His brother plays college hockey, and he already stated he is coming back to the USHL this year, which is a huge blow to Oshawa since he could have gone there this year. It wouldn't make much sense to return to the USHL for a year only to go to the OHL afterwards. He'll be (IMO) the best freshman in college hockey next year. As for this year, I expect White to be a Hobey Baker finalist, along with Boeser and Keller (as much as it pains me to include a BU player). I think BC will finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th. As long as York is at the helm, BC will be good. I'm looking at the 2018-19 season as a potential banner year (especially if Tolvanen sticks around for a second year). We'll have a strong junior class with an excellent sophomore class. Walsh and Giles will be impact freshman almost immediately. Can't wait for the season to start!
        Hopefully as the season rolls by, the freshmen will provide some of the depth as they gain game experience and start to gel. The chemistry will take time and will need the upper classmen to provide some guidance and patience. Let's not give up before the season has even started )
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Concern for this year certainly, but they have very talented guys lined up the next few years.

Kids like connor moore and luke mcinnis should be very good 4 year dmen as well. Woll and edquist is a good duo.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            given what we've seen from the master, failboat blasi would be the alpha and the omega of his list
            Well, give the state of things here we can always go over to the puppy pound and read about their Big12 failure for some laughs at the less fortunate (provided the Northeastern thread here isn't enough).
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Well, give the state of things here we can always go over to the puppy pound and read about their Big12 failure for some laughs at the less fortunate (provided the Northeastern thread here isn't enough).
              in their 7 stages of grieving, it's getting close to the lawsuit step

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                in their 7 stages of grieving, it's getting close to the lawsuit step
                Yup. But first kick ESPN out of the state or pull their tax credits because they are HQed in a state where the flagship university is not wanted in a big conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Really?!! I can read the whole article.
                  me too as much as it made me sick to my stomach to do so

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    fumunda cheese?
                    only you would think of that

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      me too as much as it made me sick to my stomach to do so
                      It's been awhile. What's shaking on the left coast(no pun intended)?
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        It's been awhile. What's shaking on the left coast(no pun intended)?
                        what's burning on the left coast might be more appropriate just enjoying living amongst the grape heads here in Sonoma Valley. Thankfully there's plenty of brew houses around including Russian River, of Pliny the Elder(and Younger) fame, a few miles down the street

Comment

Did Courturier see limited playing time for the reason of his transfer to Umass ? Just saw that when I went on this site.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            Did Courturier see limited playing time for the reason of his transfer to Umass ? Just saw that when I went on this site.
                            He wanted to go to a team with a chance to win Hockey East this year

http://baystateroadsports.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BSRSQQ View Post
                              National Tell A Joke Day was last week.

Comment

Originally posted by BSRSQQ View Post
                                National Tell A Joke Day was last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X