Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College: It's Trophy Time

But as mookie always says, the tv numbers don't matter. With all 4 teams being local, i don't quite understand this one.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      But as mookie always says, the tv numbers don't matter. With all 4 teams being local, i don't quite understand this one.
      Just guessing here, but NESN IS available nationwide, and BC has by far the most recognition of the four teams.

Comment

Ya. Well hopefully first game doesn't go to OT

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Just guessing here, but NESN IS available nationwide, and BC has by far the most recognition of the four teams.
          NESN is not readily available nationwide on cable. Live on Long Island and do not have access to it. But I can watch Fox college channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
            NESN is not readily available nationwide on cable. Live on Long Island and do not have access to it. But I can watch Fox college channels.
            Outside of New England, it will be on NBCSN. You should be able to enjoy the games without issue.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              Outside of New England, it will be on NBCSN. You should be able to enjoy the games without issue.
              Cool, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                So BC is in 2nd game friday. I'm assuming the #1 seed has no say?
                haven't had a say for a couple years.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, thankfully BC survived that, but I think it goes without saying that they had better step it up significantly for Friday against a fiery hot Northeastern team right on the NCAA bubble and fighting for their playoff lives.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Overall we're all happy they eeked it out and pulled it out in OT but they need to play better, mistake free hockey. Too many errant passes intercepted in their defensive zone and play a full game, not just 10 minutes here and there. Sometimes they have a tendency to overpass but hopefully they can win Friday. They were an inch away from losing yesterday literally

NU is smoking hot team right now.

Just got my tickets at BC for loge section.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Just got my tickets at BC for loge section.
                      What section is BC in?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        What section is BC in?
                        My section is 13 but I think BC also has 11 and 12 and the balcony section above those areas🍻🏒🏆
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I know some of you don't care, but I don't understand how Hockey East still is not recognizing Boston College. Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson had one goal in a series where is team got swept and outscored 8-2, and is listed in Hockey East Weekly Top Performers. Yet, Adam Gilmour, with his six points, isn't mentioned. He had the GWG in Game 1, and the primary assist on the OT goal in Game 3. Ryan Fitzgerald is also omitted. Apparently his heroics (assisting on the game tying goal in the 3rd period and scoring the GWG in OT of the deciding game) wasn't enough. Nor was Austin Cangelosi and his four points.

Not sure what's going on, but it kind of stinks.

Comment

Now you know how everyone else besides BU feels every week ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              I know some of you don't care, but I don't understand how Hockey East still is not recognizing Boston College. Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson had one goal in a series where is team got swept and outscored 8-2, and is listed in Hockey East Weekly Top Performers. Yet, Adam Gilmour, with his six points, isn't mentioned. He had the GWG in Game 1, and the primary assist on the OT goal in Game 3. Ryan Fitzgerald is also omitted. Apparently his heroics (assisting on the game tying goal in the 3rd period and scoring the GWG in OT of the deciding game) wasn't enough. Nor was Austin Cangelosi and his four points.

Not sure what's going on, but it kind of stinks.
                              Top performers seem to be for each individual teams noteworthy players. Forsbaka karlsson was a to performer for Bu this weekend. Not sure there's any acclaim behind being a top performer

Edit: That being said its pretty wild for them not to put a single uvm or mc player
                              Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 03-14-2016, 05:29 PM.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                Top performers seem to be for each individual teams noteworthy players. Forsbaka karlsson was a to performer for Bu this weekend. Not sure there's any acclaim behind being a top performer
                                So why were no BC players mentioned? Check out the second half of the season-- BC rarely has a player in there, despite sweeping or taking three of four points over a weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X