Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    ya and an obsession with Q that is so ridiculous and awkward that it's uncomfortable.
    the only weirder obsession is that ronnieb with miles

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      I lol'd
      I am also confident that QU and BC are playing in Tampa!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
        On behalf of the rest of Bobcats fans -- knock it off. Seriously. Annoying people on a college hockey message board is really the way you get yourself through the day? Stop giving us a bad name.
        He's got work to do to be at least a halfway decent troll. Might as well practice here.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

One of our writers has a huge stash of various old BC sporting events on VHS and today put up the entire 2001 national championship game on YouTube. Until now I don't even think a full highlight of even the GWG existed on the internet... so this is pretty B.A.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2016/3...01-frozen-four
          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-31-2016, 03:07 PM.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            One of our writers has a huge stash of various old BC sporting events on VHS and today put up the entire 2001 national championship game on YouTube. Until now I don't even think a full highlight of even the GWG existed on the internet... so this is pretty B.A.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

i'll never forget the feeling when Kolanos scored that goal, never anything quite like it in my sports life................or when Sioux tied it up late either. Cant wait to get home today and watch it. Thanks Grant

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                i'll never forget the feeling when Kolanos scored that goal, never anything quite like it in my sports life................or when Sioux tied it up late either. Cant wait to get home today and watch it. Thanks Grant
                When the Sioux tied it up, I can't even explain how sickening that feeling was. I remember going down to watch the overtime in the basement because I could not stand to be around other people at that moment. When Kolanos scored, the feeling was more relief than anything else. It seemed if they didn't win it then, they never would. I imagine Miami fans felt the same way in 2009.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

This is for claver and mookie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKfZ27tzWs.

Comment

Originally posted by antioch1098 View Post
                    This is for claver and mookie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKfZ27tzWs.
                    Oh oh. Now you've gone and done it. That's gonna really pizz mookie off.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

If I'm in the minority, so be it. But I think, as strong as BC (supposedly) is, I'd handicap this FF--> ND-QU-DU-BC. That's more an observation on the strength of the field than any perceived weakness on the part of BC. However, I suspect that even though they won't admit as much, QU will have some early-game jitters that BC has to capitalize on.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        If I'm in the minority, so be it. But I think, as strong as BC (supposedly) is, I'd handicap this FF--> ND-QU-DU-BC. That's more an observation on the strength of the field than any perceived weakness on the part of BC. However, I suspect that even though they won't admit as much, QU will have some early-game jitters that BC has to capitalize on.
                        sounds right, 4-3-2-1. could very well see a pios-igles final.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Judging from what I have looked into, BC won't win the NT. Since the format of Hocky Rast, no Beanpot school has won the national title without winning both a beanpot and a conference tourney title. CHCC is doomed! (I'm just playing)
                          Originally posted by Bakunin
                          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                            You may be right. This is a great FF field. 4 of top 6 in pwr. Sometimes the best team loses in one and done though (CC over BC in St. Louis).

Have heard a lot about Garteig but "only" has a .926 save percentage on a great team. So maybe BC can get to him. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              You may be right. This is a great FF field. 4 of top 6 in pwr. Sometimes the best team loses in one and done though (CC over BC in St. Louis).

Have heard a lot about Garteig but "only" has a .926 save percentage on a great team. So maybe BC can get to him. We'll see.
                              Any team that plays QU has to beware the third period, they usually start cautiously, then it it a steamroller downhill from there. Gartieg has been much better than in years past though, he occasionally will let in a softie but the QU puck possession and defense usually takes over the game despite the goalie.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                                i agree with that, said it from the start that we were the least fave here . Not sandbagging Mookie. DU has been white hot and has a good record of converting FF's into NC's

Comment

Working...
                                X