Clarkson @ RPI, Saturday, 2/6/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson @ RPI, Saturday, 2/6/16

Got home late. Read through four pages of this thread. Felt really good.

Then...

Comment

final

Clarkson 4
      RPI 2
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI spits the bit and gives a huge gift to CCT. Good night!
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

next week's thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...th-(2-12-2-13)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Simply put-just got home and glad I was not watching or listening to this one. The more things change, the more they remain the same. We started the season losing two third period leads and we lose the Freakout the same way.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Simply put-just got home and glad I was not watching or listening to this one. The more things change, the more they remain the same. We started the season losing two third period leads and we lose the Freakout the same way.
              It was good for about 45 minutes and then everything fell apart. All of my FB friends are basically saying the same thing, and want to break things. The late ENG was a bit of a fluke and doesn't much matter, but the way things fell apart is inexcusable.
              JPC '96

Comment

40 minute effort put forth. The February meltdown continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Tom is wearing a tie and jacket.
                  He usually does when performing duties as a media representative. Don't see it too often nowadays, but I will give him props.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    40 minute effort put forth. The February meltdown continues.
                    I would say more like 30 minutes then 40.it just seemed like we stopped playing hard once we got the 2 goal lead. You can't win going into defensive mode the entire second half of the game.

Comment

• Re: Clarkson @ RPI, Saturday, 2/6/16

I am as sick to my stomach now as I was last night monitoring the score progressing on my cell phone. I just finished watching the third period replay from last night as I was out and couldn't watch the game live. Simply put it was like watching the last episode of The Sopranos: Red Freak-out, make that Fade-out to Black. The ending is the same, we don't know for sure if anyone died but we do know that they won't come back. As I said before you have to play 60 minutes. The past four games we have been horrible, lapses galore. In two weekends we went from a contender to a pretender. What was once assured, the first round ECAC bye is now a crap shoot with 5 teams one point apart for that fourth place. And our remaining schedule is not kind. I have no idea what it will take to motivate this team but that recurrent theme has been played over and over again - just like the calls and badgering from the Office of Giving. When will Shirley finally say - "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore?"
                      "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                        I am as sick to my stomach now as I was last night monitoring the score progressing on my cell phone. I just finished watching the third period replay from last night as I was out and couldn't watch the game live. Simply put it was like watching the last episode of The Sopranos: Red Freak-out, make that Fade-out to Black. The ending is the same, we don't know for sure if anyone died but we do know that they won't come back. As I said before you have to play 60 minutes. The past four games we have been horrible, lapses galore. In two weekends we went from a contender to a pretender. What was once assured, the first round ECAC bye is now a crap shoot with 5 teams one point apart for that fourth place. And our remaining schedule is not kind. I have no idea what it will take to motivate this team but that recurrent theme has been played over and over again - just like the calls and badgering from the Office of Giving. When will Shirley finally say - "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore?"
                        Shirley takes after Union's former President -- she's happy with 40%.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                          DeepRed: I am a very patient man. But i have been saying for years the same thing about the RPI program. There have been excuses made every year-injuries, ran into a hot goal tender, not playing the RPI way, give it more time we have not had enough years of recruits, etc But after 10 years and not making the ECAC final four only one constant exists. Every year we get new freshmen and every 4 years a complete turnover of the team but there is only one constant. SA was brought in to replace DF and perhaps it is ow time to compare their records and accomplishments. I think SA is a great guy. I think he has given everything he has to give to this program. But if my success rate in the practice of medicine was anything like his resume at RPI, I would have lost my license. In my mind there is no possibility on earth to explain why after 10 years of perhaps 60-80 faces added to this team, we get the same results every year and the same kind of team play every year. If anyone can come up with a valid reason for this other than this, please post it. It my practice as in almost every business, sh** flows uphill and the boss is responsible for everything that happens.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I just got back from DC where I watched the entire game.
                            For those of you who continue to think that they are not giving 100% for 60 minutes, you are not watching the game.
                            The problem is not with their attitude or their commitment.
                            Their problem is that they have no answer when a team turns on the heat. Watch them. They sit back in there defensive zone and let the opponent pass the puck around the perimeter thinking that they well keep the puck to the outside and the goalie will save any shots from there. The problem with that is we never go on the attack, we spend no time in there zone, because we are too worried about making a mistake in ours.
                            Nobody attacks the puck in our defensive zone, therefore, when we do we skate the puck to the red line shoot it in and go for a change. By the time the change is made, we are back on the defensive again. Over and over again until we make a mistake and the puck is in the net.
                            The players aren't the problem, the system is. We have to put pressure on the puck in our defensive zone and transition to offense. I don't think we know how to do that.
                            We can win games against less aggressive teams, but we will not beat any of the good teams unless Kazdorf stands on his head.
                            The truth is, this is our team and we are going to have to live with it for the rest of the season.
                            Change is in order, but I am not sure we will see the change that is necessary.
                            Very disappointing weekend to say the least.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                            X