This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This poor kid will be lucky to get through one year of college, if he goes that route.
    If he's an athlete, he'll be fine at UNC.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: What the Fark 3: The Strange and Unusual

The technocratic police state strikes again. http://www.syracuse.com/ny-sports/in...er_leaves.html

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If he's an athlete, he'll be fine at UNC.
        I thought that happened at Wisco and Northwestern?

I kid, it happens everywhere. It happened at Stanford when I was there and at Duke when my friend was there, the two NC$$ beacons of academic "integrity." The factory system is such a crock they shouldn't even have the kids fake going to class.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I thought that happened at Wisco and Northwestern?

I kid, it happens everywhere. It happened at Stanford when I was there and at Duke when my friend was there, the two NC$$ beacons of academic "integrity." The factory system is such a crock they shouldn't even have the kids fake going to class.
          It does happen everywhere, but the matter, sadly, comes down to the quantity and degree. The U of MN just suspended 10 football players last season regarding accusations of sexual assault/rape. The charges were dropped by local authorities, stating there wasn't enough evidence to move forward with a case against any of the players. The school laid down the suspensions after that, stating that while they may not have violated the law, the players did violate the school's code of conduct. Things have yet to fully play out in all of this, and four of the players have been re-instated, but it's simultaneously heartening and disheartening that the school acted this way. Heartening in the fact that they're willing to go to bat for this female student who is otherwise unknown, going up against 10 football players. It's disheartening in that the school needs only an accusation and questionable amounts of evidence for it to make the decision to suspend students, possibly injuring them for life. (Think about the Duke Lacrosse team here.)
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well, that's a new alibi.

Vaginal pain helps exonerate man accused of murder
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It does happen everywhere, but the matter, sadly, comes down to the quantity and degree. The U of MN just suspended 10 football players last season regarding accusations of sexual assault/rape. The charges were dropped by local authorities, stating there wasn't enough evidence to move forward with a case against any of the players. The school laid down the suspensions after that, stating that while they may not have violated the law, the players did violate the school's code of conduct. Things have yet to fully play out in all of this, and four of the players have been re-instated, but it's simultaneously heartening and disheartening that the school acted this way. Heartening in the fact that they're willing to go to bat for this female student who is otherwise unknown, going up against 10 football players. It's disheartening in that the school needs only an accusation and questionable amounts of evidence for it to make the decision to suspend students, possibly injuring them for life. (Think about the Duke Lacrosse team here.)
              And four of those players have had their suspensions overturned.

In other words, the University and thus the media drug them through the mud only to say "oops, I guess we were wrong. Good luck going about your normal life now."

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                And four of those players have had their suspensions overturned.

In other words, the University and thus the media drug them through the mud only to say "oops, I guess we were wrong. Good luck going about your normal life now."
                That's not what happened at all, actually. The players who's suspensions were dropped were never accused of assaulting the victim.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  That's not what happened at all, actually. The players who's suspensions were dropped were never accused of assaulting the victim.
                  They were associated with the incident, though, so that will sit there in the background for a long time.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    They were associated with the incident, though, so that will sit there in the background for a long time.
                    Well, they WERE associated with it. Their names weren't just picked at random...

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Well, they WERE associated with it. Their names weren't just picked at random...
                      And then found innocent. The point is, their names are attached to it, despite (later on) having no unlawful (or moral, that we know of) association with the incident. They are tagged. And that's a shame.

FTR, to hell with the ones truly guilty of this incident. Legally cleared, maybe, but not morally.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        And then found innocent. The point is, their names are attached to it, despite (later on) having no unlawful (or moral, that we know of) association with the incident. They are tagged. And that's a shame.

FTR, to hell with the ones truly guilty of this incident. Legally cleared, maybe, but not morally.
                        What were they "found innocent" of?

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

What were they "found innocent" of?
                          Don't be dx with semantics.

They had no business being named in the whole situation in the first place.

Comment

Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It's a joke son, laugh. Like I did with the 92% comment you had. That was dam funny.

Comment

That wasn't a joke. That was a factual statement with a joke thrown in at no one's expense.

What you did was a mean spirited unprovoked personal attack. So yeah, seems fairly appropriate.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X