X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What the Fark 3: The Strange and Unusual

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I've found the flaw.
    And what's that? Can popular kids not be smart?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Maybe in some alternate universe or alien world.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        In such a wide world, anything is possible.

But I'm pretty sure you understand that among high school kids, smart and popular are disjoint sets*. That's not exactly a new observation.

* Except of course your kids. Your kids are wonderful, smart, popular, funny, talented, and gorgeous.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jesus Christ. Dude's lucky he didn't die.

I mean, yes, it's also hilarious but, no... don't do that sh-t.
          If you are driving fast enough in a parking lot to kill yourself, you deserve what you get...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

But I'm pretty sure you understand that among high school kids, smart and popular are disjoint sets*. That's not exactly a new observation.

* Except of course your kids. Your kids are wonderful, smart, popular, funny, talented, and gorgeous.
            This is an excellent commentary on society.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Your [sic] a racist! http://www.infowars.com/college-writ...age-structure/

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                We have finally tossed off our last vestiges of loyalty to the Crown. Down with the King's English!!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  We have finally tossed off our last vestiges of loyalty to the Crown. Down with the King's English!!
                  Every time I hear someone say "...an historic" I cringe.
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Every time I hear someone say "...an historic" I cringe.
                    At least you don't go into hysterics over historics.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Or maths. Colour me bloody nonplussed.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Could it be an hysterical response?

Comment

Or maths. Colour me bloody nonplussed.
                          I don't care about the Brits using those terms. But if an American does who might have taken a vacation in London once says it, I just cringe. Especially if they use it to try and sound smart.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I don't care about the Brits using those terms. But if an American does who might have taken a vacation in London once says it, I just cringe. Especially if they use it to try and sound smart.
                            Now the Australians have really clobbered (cobbered?) the Mother Tongue.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Perhaps my high school was different. I know one of those popular girls is now a heart surgeon, one of the popular guys attended the Air Force Academy, and a number of others received some serious academic scholarships. Of course we had the blockheads, which made up the majority of the "in crowd," but we certainly had some overlapping circles in a Venn diagram.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Perhaps my high school was different. I know one of those popular girls is now a heart surgeon, one of the popular guys attended the Air Force Academy, and a number of others received some serious academic scholarships. Of course we had the blockheads, which made up the majority of the "in crowd," but we certainly had some overlapping circles in a Venn diagram.
                                My class had two Valedictorians. One boy was the prototypical nerd. The girl was a very cute, popular girl who was captain of the dance line. My son's school had 14 of them and many were quite popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X