This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015-16: John Scott for MVP!

4-0 in the middle of the 3rd! Come on!!!!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Should be a pretty great SCF, regardless of who wins tomorrow night in the East. Sharks have been fun to watch.

Comment

IIRC, bronconick is the big Sharks fan (along with Rimmy?) so my congrats to you. Your team has been lots of fun to watch, and I hope Jumbo gets his ring.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Not so fast my friend....? /LeeCorso

Comment

Oh good lord, are the Sharks going to Shark now?

EDIT: Thankfully, the four-goal lead was too much. Looking forward to a Sharks-Lightning SCF.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-25-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Omfg
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

(^^^) (^^^) (^^^) shaaaaarks! (^^^) (^^^) (^^^)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  (^^^) (^^^) (^^^) shaaaaarks! (^^^) (^^^) (^^^)
                  After all he endured in Toronto, I so want to see James Reimer win the Cup with the Sharks.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    Hopefully the team plays with the same kind of jump they had on Saturday tomorrow night, but our last five Games 6 don't have me brimming with confidence.
                    The Blues had a fine season, and you're to be congratulated on that. Hope others can bear with me while I express a Division Centric point of view.

The Central was tremendous this year; particularly the Stars, Blues and Blackhawks. Three Cup worthy clubs. But in the end, the divisional foes cannibalized each other. An arduous regular season race kept right on going through the first two rounds of the playoffs. And both of those series took a full seven games to resolve. You won that battle, and that is something to proud of.

But more than a Game 6 issue, the Blues never really had the energy and focus they displayed in the first two rounds. Fatigue mistakes kept cropping up. In hindsight, the strong Game 4 performance wasn't a turning point; call it an honorable last stand.

I also believe that Hitchcock-coached teams are somewhat prone to this. Everyone says they're going to outwork the opposition. But Hitch and his guys really mean it. Still, when the margin of victory is largely based on sheer effort and will, at some point in the long struggle... well, you get the idea.

See you this Fall. For obvious reasons I can't say good luck. But this season the Blues certainly earned our respect.

Back to a league-wide focus. Looking forward to tonight's Game 7, and of course the Finals.

Comment

I'll agree that the previous two rounds wore us out. That said, we also ran into a stronger in defense in San Jose than we saw from Chicago and Dallas. Maybe the fatigue played into it, but the Blues couldn't seem to find their way around the Sharks to get pucks on net and really victimize Jones (who didn't have the best series) the way we were able to against the Stars. That combined with some really questionable defensive plays just put us in holes we couldn't get out of. I am curious to find out if Tarasenko was hurt or just tired, because until those two late goals, he was not-good in this series.

In the end, it's no small feat to win two playoff rounds, given that the Blues had only done it once in my life before this spring. We played more games this year than we ever have before, and we tied our record for most wins in a single postseason. I hope the team can find a way to keep my Captain around without killing our financial plan.

I can't and won't wish the Sharks luck (oh, 25 long years, woe is us), but they are certainly a very strong team and if they do manage to break through, they'll have earned it. But seriously, go Eastern Conference. Win it for Bishop (St. Louis kid!) or Kessel or those fantastic new/old jerseys or whoever.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        I'll agree that the previous two rounds wore us out. That said, we also ran into a stronger in defense in San Jose than we saw from Chicago and Dallas. Maybe the fatigue played into it, but the Blues couldn't seem to find their way around the Sharks to get pucks on net and really victimize Jones (who didn't have the best series) the way we were able to against the Stars...
                        It's nothing more than hot stove league speculation. But had the Blues & Sharks somehow been paired in Round 1, my belief is the Blues would have won. The Blues just weren't the same team in Round 3. That said, you're certainly correct to give the Sharks credit.

In the end, it's no small feat to win two playoff rounds, given that the Blues had only done it once in my life before this spring. We played more games this year than we ever have before, and we tied our record for most wins in a single postseason...
                        Agreed; congrats on these accomplishments.

Comment

Captain Stamkos returns for game 7. Buckle up.

Comment

Through 2 periods, Pittsburgh=Rust Belt. Two goals so far...

Comment

Nice of the Lightning to get Stamkos in for one final playoff game before he signs in Toronto
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Sid with a bold strategy celebrating With PoW trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X