This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015-16: John Scott for MVP!

What a dumb challenge by Minnesota. You're still up either way and now you've lost your timeout.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Kopitar/Pavelski.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Kopitar/Pavelski.
        Whomp. Pearson wins it for LA shortly into OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          **** team in a **** town with **** players.
          And a **** coach.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            To be fair, the Blues had the only 5x5 goal yesterday. Extended back to Game 1, the Blues have three 5x5 goals to the Hawks' one. I won't go so far as to say that the Blues are running away with the 5x5 play, but they're the ones converting. Hopefully it stays that way!
            The Blues are doing a better job of converting their opportunities -- regardless of the manpower situation.

I didn't go back and check, but I'm assuming you're correct about the Blues putting up three 5x5 goals. Well, on the GWG in Game 1, Backes wasn't even attempting to shoot. The "failed" pass had puck luck on steroids. On Game 3's tying goal, the Blues had an man rush. But the shooter elected to step over the blue line and fire. Stiff shot, subtle change of direction, into the back of the net. Either of those goals could have just as easily occurred on the PP, PK or 4x4.

Obviously the Blues embrace both of those goals, as they absolutely should. It's more than just puck luck; a hard working, hungry hockey team can generate its own breaks. That's what we've seen so far, IMHO.

My point was that 5x5 play isn't the story line, even if a couple of huge goals technically came during 5x5 situations.

Huge Game 4 coming up in a couple of hours.

Comment

Gotta make sure to go to a Meijer and get a limited edition milk carton with the Red Wings PP on the side of it.

Comment

You know what? Fu** Tony Granato. He's the Red Wings Defensemen and PK coach, and with one foot out the door, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't care what happens to the Wings this post season.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Crawford may not be able to keep Tarasenko from scoring, but I tip my hat to Crawford for taking no schit when one of the Blues skates through the crease and crashes into him. Nice to see Crawford go after the guy. That should fire up the Hawks.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    You know what? Fu** Tony Granato. He's the Red Wings Defensemen and PK coach, and with one foot out the door, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't care what happens to the Wings this post season.
                    The PK sure was a disaster tonight.

And of course, I got stuck sitting next to That Guy who thinks he can coach the team from the stands.

Even worse, it appears some fans need a lesson in Octopi-Throwing Etiquette. The only acceptable times to throw the 'pi are immediately after the Wings' first goal of the game, and immediately after a go-ahead goal. Not in the final minute of the game (three times! ), delaying the progress of play. I would have no problem with the league issuing bench minors for delay of game to any team whose fans throw any object onto the ice in the final minute of regulation.

And since when did we become f*ing Flyers fans, throwing drinks on the ice after the final buzzer? Buncha embarrassing nonsense that was, too.

But hey, the way things are going and the way the Wings are trending, that could easily be the last playoff game at the Joe. So I'm glad I shelled out the big bucks for the good seats and went.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      The PK sure was a disaster tonight.

And of course, I got stuck sitting next to That Guy who thinks he can coach the team from the stands.

Even worse, it appears some fans need a lesson in Octopi-Throwing Etiquette. The only acceptable times to throw the 'pi are immediately after the Wings' first goal of the game, and immediately after a go-ahead goal. Not in the final minute of the game (three times! ), delaying the progress of play. I would have no problem with the league issuing bench minors for delay of game to any team whose fans throw any object onto the ice in the final minute of regulation.

And since when did we become f*ing Flyers fans, throwing drinks on the ice after the final buzzer? Buncha embarrassing nonsense that was, too.

But hey, the way things are going and the way the Wings are trending, that could easily be the last playoff game at the Joe. So I'm glad I shelled out the big bucks for the good seats and went.
                      This. All of it.

Trolled the Lightning Facebook page a bit, saying Bishop was the victim of a sniper in JLA. Bolts fans were a sensitive bunch with that one

Comment

Blues simply want it more.

You can assemble talent, but will can and does beat skill.

Series isn't over, but the Hawks just don't seem to have the will this year. The mental push that is required to win in the meat grinder that is the NHL playoffs.

I won't count this team out though. They've shown a ton of sack over the years and if anyone can do it, these Hawks can.

And I don't blame Shaw for tonight. Not even a little. He was easily the best Hawk tonight.

Wish we had 6 of him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Immediately after (AFTER!) the anthem is okay too.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            and immediately after a go-ahead goal
                            Wait, when did this happen? I thought it was first goal, period.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                              Crawford may not be able to keep Tarasenko from scoring, but I tip my hat to Crawford for taking no schit when one of the Blues skates through the crease and crashes into him. Nice to see Crawford go after the guy. That should fire up the Hawks.
                              F that.

I get that there is a plausibility (especially in the heat of the moment) for Crawford to not know that Fabbri was pushed from behind by Toews, but even then Fabbri appeared to do everything he could to avoid contact, and IMO did nothing wrong there.

How, at the end of that scrum, Fabbri ends up with a GI while Crawford gets nothing AND the Blackhawks had a PP is beyond me.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              And I don't blame Shaw for tonight. Not even a little. He was easily the best Hawk tonight.
                              You could probably blame him for one or two things...

https://youtu.be/8zG-zcrZnQw
                              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-20-2016, 08:47 AM.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The Wild’s marketing folks should invite Randy Moss to do the ceremonial “Let’s Play Hockey!” call before opening faceoff. Like Moss, the Wild plays when it wants to play.
                                I wish I could take credit for that one.

http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-co...ise/376304201/
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X