• Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2015-16: John Scott for MVP!

My office window. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...89&oe=57B53223

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      JFC according to the NBC guys St. Louis has already won this series.
      Ooooooops.

If the NHL were a meritocracy, I'd vote for Washington to win. Until I am proven otherwise, I still think Trotz was a good decision for them, coaching-wise. In the first round, I incorrectly predicted MN would win simply because I think Dallas is built like the Caps of 5-7 years ago who tore up the regular season with their offense, but consistently lost in the first or second round because they couldn't transition to a style necessary to win the playoffs. I know Ruff is there now, however his style today is surely different than what he preached during all of those years in Buffalo. So, the Stars have proven me wrong thus far, but I can remember the Boudreau-era Caps who would win the first couple games of a series, before they inevitably choked (the same script that just got him fired in Anaheim).

I would like, in my lifetime, a new era where offense and defense are a balanced equation to a championship. I don't want 80s style barnburners all the time, and I also don't want a late 90s-2004 trap system all the time. I think we were going in a positive direction after the 2004 lockout, but then most teams quickly adjusted to the changes, and we're almost back in the same place now. Thus, my decision to get on the Washington bandwagon (with Dallas as a distant second).

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Ooooooops.

If the NHL were a meritocracy, I'd vote for Washington to win. Until I am proven otherwise, I still think Trotz was a good decision for them, coaching-wise. In the first round, I incorrectly predicted MN would win simply because I think Dallas is built like the Caps of 5-7 years ago who tore up the regular season with their offense, but consistently lost in the first or second round because they couldn't transition to a style necessary to win the playoffs. I know Ruff is there now, however his style today is surely different than what he preached during all of those years in Buffalo. So, the Stars have proven me wrong thus far, but I can remember the Boudreau-era Caps who would win the first couple games of a series, before they inevitably choked (the same script that just got him fired in Anaheim).

I would like, in my lifetime, a new era where offense and defense are a balanced equation to a championship. I don't want 80s style barnburners all the time, and I also don't want a late 90s-2004 trap system all the time. I think we were going in a positive direction after the 2004 lockout, but then most teams quickly adjusted to the changes, and we're almost back in the same place now. Thus, my decision to get on the Washington bandwagon (with Dallas as a distant second).
        I get a sense with NBC that they just don't know what to do with the West right now. Chicago, LA, and Anaheim are all out so they have no "recognizable name" to them. St. Louis kind of takes the default as they beat Chicago. But Dallas? San Jose? Nashville!?! Who are those teams?

The reality is a Washington v Dallas finals would probably be the most entertaining matchup.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

U.P. Power!

Congrats to Marquette & NMU. Nice to see a college hockey town win NBCSN's Hockeyville honor.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            U.P. Power!

Congrats to Marquette & NMU. Nice to see a college hockey town win NBCSN's Hockeyville honor.
            Place was rocking! No one knew it was going to be Sabres/Hurricanes. Nothing was said when they won. No NBC audio was played in the arena. Everyone was just cheering when they held up a "We Won" card.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              In his four game 7 losses with Anaheim, his goaltenders have a collective .852 sv%. It might not all be his fault.
              Nailed it. That one where the Caps outshot the Habs 42-16 and lost was pretty ridiculous too.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I get a sense with NBC that they just don't know what to do with the West right now. Chicago, LA, and Anaheim are all out so they have no "recognizable name" to them. St. Louis kind of takes the default as they beat Chicago. But Dallas? San Jose? Nashville!?! Who are those teams?

The reality is a Washington v Dallas finals would probably be the most entertaining matchup.
              It's almost like they can't be completely lazy in their analysis anymore and cite "playoff experience" (if you predicted the series based on that you would've been wrong more often than not). Before the Blues Stars game they constantly cited "hits" even though it's been proven to have zero correlation with winning (even has a slight negative correlation) and Dallas won game 1.

Also a lot of people blame Boudreau for being offense first and equate the Stars with those old Caps teams but in reality the Stars goaltending is gonna do them in if anything.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

SteveP is dancing around the bonfire. The Leafs have Tanked to the Top!
                1. TML
                2. WPG
                3. COL
                4. EDM
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Orpik should be getting a call tomorrow.

Comment

Two missed 5 min majors against the Caps now in the series...

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Orpik should be getting a call tomorrow.
                      Repeat offender. May get a hearing
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Repeat offender. May get a hearing
                        Eh, '03 and '06 offenses, doubt he gets a hearing.

Plus, playoffs. That hit doesn't get 10 games during regular season.

Comment

These ****ing refs...

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Place was rocking! No one knew it was going to be Sabres/Hurricanes. Nothing was said when they won. No NBC audio was played in the arena. Everyone was just cheering when they held up a "We Won" card.
                            Nice job by MQT, but - all that hype, and they couldn't stage a pre-season game involving the Wings? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              SteveP is dancing around the bonfire. The Leafs have Tanked to the Top!
                              1. TML
                              2. WPG
                              3. COL
                              4. EDM
                              Now watch Matthews fail to live up to expectations, and flame out of the league in three years.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Now watch Matthews fail to live up to expectations, and flame out of the league in three years.
                                The Toronto media's already written their first hit piece calling him lazy and fat.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X