Goodbye, Lord Jeff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye, Lord Jeff

How about the Blankets? That's how they defeated their Native American (Indian) enemies ;-)
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      Austin College in Sherman, Texas and University of Missouri–Kansas City are also the Kangaroos.
      Well, so much for that marketing firm's research capabilities when they stated this fact at the nickname unveiling...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I like A's, Fighting Poets, Purple Aces and Purple Rays.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I like A's, Fighting Poets, Purple Aces and Purple Rays.
          Purple is reserved for Williams.

Fighting Poets has a Monty Pythonesque ring to it.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Purple is reserved for Williams.

Fighting Poets has a Monty Pythonesque ring to it.
            I know what you're saying but aren't Amherst's colors purple and white? If they want to put purple in their name, they should.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              I know what you're saying but aren't Amherst's colors purple and white? If they want to put purple in their name, they should.
              They could always do what Dartmouth did when they ditched "Indians" years ago and become the "Big Green." The Amherst "Big Purple."
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Amherst Americans...settled

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Amherst Americans...settled
                  Politically incorrect. Does not reflect the diversity of the Amherst campus.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    They could always do what Dartmouth did when they ditched "Indians" years ago and become the "Big Green." The Amherst "Big Purple."
                    +1. Wasn't a semifinalist though. We could have combined to submit that one...
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Would an eggplant be the mascot then? That wouldny cause any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                        Would an eggplant be the mascot then? That wouldny cause any problems.
                        No more ridiculous than the Hamsters. Is there a campus organization of carnivores that would be offended by that nickname?
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

To be fair, Connecticut College is the Camels. Williams is the Ephs but their mascot is an androgynous purple cow. Stanford's name is the "Cardinal" and their mascot is an anthropomorphic tree... Babson is a Beaver, UMass Boston is a Lighthouse. The point is there are plenty of non-intimidating, and in some cases just weird, mascots out there. Honestly the Moose or Mooses wouldn't be that bad at all. There's an AHL team called the Moose and a QMJHL team called the Mooseheads. Moose would be my choice out of the available options. At least there's kind of a story there as opposed to the other ones which are just random names people came up with. Even then, people would eventually get used to Hamsters or whatever. People make too big a deal about mascot changes and overthink it. North Dakota whined for 3+ years about having to change theirs and then picked the completely boring and unoriginal name Fighting Hawks. Moose, Hamsters, Poets, etc. may seem weird now, but originality is better than nothing.
                          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                            To be fair, Connecticut College is the Camels. Williams is the Ephs but their mascot is an androgynous purple cow. Stanford's name is the "Cardinal" and their mascot is an anthropomorphic tree... Babson is a Beaver, UMass Boston is a Lighthouse. The point is there are plenty of non-intimidating, and in some cases just weird, mascots out there. Honestly the Moose or Mooses wouldn't be that bad at all. There's an AHL team called the Moose and a QMJHL team called the Mooseheads. Moose would be my choice out of the available options. At least there's kind of a story there as opposed to the other ones which are just random names people came up with. Even then, people would eventually get used to Hamsters or whatever. People make too big a deal about mascot changes and overthink it. North Dakota whined for 3+ years about having to change theirs and then picked the completely boring and unoriginal name Fighting Hawks. Moose, Hamsters, Poets, etc. may seem weird now, but originality is better than nothing.
                            Or people need to stop getting their panties in a bunch and quit making teams change their name.......
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              No more ridiculous than the Hamsters. Is there a campus organization of carnivores that would be offended by that nickname?
                              Believe it or not in modern culture the eggplant emoji is used to symbolically represent the male organ, so I think there might be some groups on campus offended or embarrassed by using an eggplant as a mascot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                Believe it or not in modern culture the eggplant emoji is used to symbolically represent the male organ, so I think there might be some groups on campus offended or embarrassed by using an eggplant as a mascot.
                                I am getting old because I'm about to drop a "what the hell is wrong with these kids?" comment? How the hell does an eggplant represent a male organ?
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X