Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Star Cup 1/30-31 - SCSU, UM, BSU, MSU-M: Who is drinking where?

Should be two good games. If Mankato plays like yesterday they'll get it done. SCSU needs to play more consistent. If they do they'll win by two plus.

Comment

And someone needs to tell the play-by-play guy Benik is pronounced Benik, not Renik.

Comment

Good win for the Mavericks!
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Did the gophers just take last place at the North Star Cup? Hilarious.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Some interesting trends emerging with this Gopher team.
            Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 01-31-2016, 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
              Did the gophers just take last place at the North Star Cup? Hilarious.

2nd year running.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                Did the gophers just take last place at the North Star Cup? Hilarious.
                Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                2nd year running.
                And the tournament is only in its third year. I'm sensing a trend here.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  That was fun! Fear the Beavers!
                  I've never been face to face with a beaver that I didn't fear at least a little bit.
                  You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    And the tournament is only in its third year. I'm sensing a trend here.
                    I'll bet Minnesota Morris and Concordia are chomping at the bit to play the gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                      I've never been face to face with a beaver that I didn't fear at least a little bit.
                      that's why you never get invited back for seconds. Respect the beaver, don't fear it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Some interesting trends emerging with this Gopher team.
                        They suck out of conference and dominate in their cupcake conference?
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          They suck out of conference and dominate in their cupcake conference?
                          Well, they are 5-10 in non conference and 8-2 in the Little Six. Draw your own conclusions.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Well, they are 5-10 in non conference and 8-2 in the Little Six. Draw your own conclusions.
                            Also had the #1 SOS OOC, if my stats are correct.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wait until you guys get Canisius and a couple other AHA schools. I made the post over on GPL...heard some rumors yesterday....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They are 1-13 against in state rivals since joining the big ten.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X