This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #182: Snow!

Commute was a couple minutes more than normal. 394 was mainly pure ice on the way in, so 30mph there (I tried going faster, and it was going to be a bad idea). And I was the "speeder" on the highway.

By mid-afternoon (I can see the highway from my work) things had cleared up, roads were dry.

Had a couple beers with the GPL crew at church (they rotate between the different churches around town every Wed). One of the old NFL Sunday A-Team Bartenders was there, hadn't seen her in a while, so that was nice.

Have a feeling work is going to be hell tomorrow, as other businesses catch up from the last couple of days and order all the things.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Having an Oprah day at work: "And you get a chest tube, and you get a chest tube! Everyone gets a chest tube".

FTR - a chest tube is a large bore tube placed between the ribs to allow air, fluid, or blood to leave the space between the lungs and their lining and allow collapsed lungs to reinflate. Very painful, but provides immense relief.
      Last edited by bostonewe; 02-04-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Restricting my husband's whiskey dinners (went out with the boys tonight and had a 5 course meal paired with whiskey) -- he's posting mopey song lyrics.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                Good Evening, Lodge!

Left work early yesterday to make it home during the daylight hours. A normal commute is 30 minutes, took just over 1 hour to get home. This morning, it took 45 minutes to get to work. I only have to deal with rush hour traffic for 5 miles. If something like snow is on the roads, I know a few back ways to get to 494 so I don't have to deal with the gridlock of 35E. I do find it funny that all the cars that I do see in the ditch are on Hwy 61. It appears to be clear, but it is covered in black ice.

I told the hubby to take it easy. For once in our marriage, he listened. He gave me a ride to work this morning as the Chamber Dinner was tonight. Fun time.

Forgot to mention, hubby might have a contingent offer tomorrow. * fingers crossed *
                Sending good vibes

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                Having an Oprah day at work: "And you get a chest tube, and you get a chest tube! Everyone gets a chest tube".

FTR - a chest tube is a large bore tube placed between the ribs to allow air, fluid, or blood to leave the space between the lungs and their lining and allow collapsed lungs to reinflate. Very painful, but provides immense relief.
                that is a serious bummer. SOunds like crash and burn night tonight

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                Restricting my husband's whiskey dinners (went out with the boys tonight and had a 5 course meal paired with whiskey) -- he's posting mopey song lyrics.
                For some reason this made me laugh like crazy

Happy Birthday ecbrevik!

2 more days.

Comment

Officially on vacation/days off for the next 4 weeks. Wonder how productive I can make them.

Comment

I got to cancel a flight last night because we physically could not put enough fuel on the plane to safely complete it.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Fingers are still crossed. Hubby is waiting for a final sign off from another HR person so can give an offer.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        I got to cancel a flight last night because we physically could not put enough fuel on the plane to safely complete it.
                        Does safely mean you have a certain amount over what's needed or they would run out before they reached the airport?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Does safely mean you have a certain amount over what's needed or they would run out before they reached the airport?
                          They need extra fuel for the ability to be stuck on the tarmac for three hours, or circling their destination's airport for two hours in a holding pattern.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Have to have enough to get there plus 45 minutes. Only had 3 minutes above that (with full tanks), and the crew didn't have enough time remaining for a tech stop. FAA does not like it when you burn into that 45 minutes.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Today my daughter found out she was accepted into her first choice study abroad program.
                              So two weeks of my vacation time are now accounted for, most definitely heading to the Holy Land (Ireland) to visit her.

Guinness is good for you!!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Today my daughter found out she was accepted into her first choice study abroad program.
                                So two weeks of my vacation time are now accounted for, most definitely heading to the Holy Land (Ireland) to visit her.

Guinness is good for you!!
                                Wrong color.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X