X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #182: Snow!

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Good morning Lodge.
    Little gII and I have been patiently waiting for walleye since 6:00.
    Hot chocolate and pop tarts have been served for breakfast.
    When you post these, I have a very Norman Rockwell in the Midwest mental image. Makes me tear up a little as my little brother didn't have these experiences with my dad until he was older. My dad wasn't into having a son initially.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Breakfast of champions!
    I might not end up playing boot hockey tonight, my back is still acting sketchy. Gonna try and make it better, but who knows. I am NOT happy about it, not one bit. I've been looking forward to this all week.
    Can you go and hang out at least?
    Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Good luck with that.
    PB pop tarts for the win.
    Partial to the cinnamon ones myself...(and s'more ones, but they weren't really breakfast...it was more early early morning hours on the weekends)

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Still no offer for the hubby. I would not be surprised this was due to the final sign off person being out of the office either sick or with a sick kid.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
        I can do that, and I can probably play D, but the G position...that's what I'm really mad about. That was my Goddamm net for a good 10 years. Hence, the frustration.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            When you post these, I have a very Norman Rockwell in the Midwest mental image. Makes me tear up a little as my little brother didn't have these experiences with my dad until he was older. My dad wasn't into having a son initially.
            shortly after I posted that, little gII looked at me the wrong way. I beat him. Put that in your Norman Rockwell pipe and smoke it. Joking . Thanks. As I have stated in the past I know that my boys will be grown before I know it. I purposely spend as much time with them as possible. I soak up every second of it.

320ville is in a blizzard watch tomorrow. A couple inches of snow followed by 40 to 50 mph winds. I hope Mother Nature pulls through. Winter here has been really wimpy...........
            Last edited by gmann; 02-06-2016, 09:57 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Sunrise out here is kinda late. Going to get up and walk down to Pike Place Market for breakfast.

Comment

HHT. Lake State is a goon squad.

Comment

****************HT

a
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

* Hockey Day. * it all to hell. This sport is dumb. I can't remember why I started watching this junk.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        * Hockey Day. * it all to hell. This sport is dumb. I can't remember why I started watching this junk.
                        I had a day like that last night. I had many of them when I was a student at Ferris many moons ago.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

At least we have basketball....oh....wait....never-mind.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

Partial to the cinnamon ones myself...(and s'more ones, but they weren't really breakfast...it was more early early morning hours on the weekends)
                            Raspberry or strawberry ones. No frosting.
                            This. At the *HT.

Comment

Meh HT. The actual games? Blech, but the boot hockey reunion was awesome. I was ok to play by game time.

Perfect night out for it, too. As soon as we all got to the warming house, the memories came flooding back. Some of the stuff that we did that made it "our" house were still there (stickers on the electrical box, for example), some weren't (the easy chair that was in the "office" for 20+ years ).

And this ol' sieve still has skillz. 2-0 on the night playing net. Even made some beauty kick-saves.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I had a day like that last night. I had many of them when I was a student at Ferris many moons ago.
                                I reached out to my sister for some solace. She let me know that my niece's team won once again, and are on a tear going into their postseason. The day has been salvaged. Somewhat.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X