Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Well that's hyperbole for you. All I said was that the fact he wasn't a "superstar" doesn't mean he can't be a good coach. They're mutually exclusive at best, and being a "great" player is NOT a prerequisite for being a good coach.
    He might be, and he might not, nobody knows at this point. Maybe he'll be the next Grant, or maybe he'll be Captain Skype. Won't know until it actually happens. To claim that the goaltending will be better cause he's been named coach is just speculation and wishful thinking at this point.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

NU, Providence and Notre Dame all go down in flames......so much for Hockey East

Comment

But most good coaches were not "great" players. Herb Brooks was not a "great" player. Neither was Scotty Bowman, Mike Babcock, or Sean Walsh, Jack Parker or Jerry York for that matter. Conversely, Ted Williams was not a good manager. And there are countless other examples. So Alfie's "accomplishments" as a goalie have ZERO to do with how good a coach he will be. Players for whom things came easy due to their enormous talent generally have no patience for those who are less talented. They can't understand why something that was so easy for them is so difficult for others. Players who had to work hard to accomplish everything typically make better coaches, since they are detail-oriented, persistent and tenacious. I have no idea what kind of a coach Alfie will be, but how he was as a player has NOTHING to do with it.
        Ted Williams/Cindy Blodgett
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Ted Williams/Cindy Blodgett
          Richard Nixon / Bill Clinton
          sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            NU, Providence and Notre Dame all go down in flames......so much for Hockey East
            Both Michigan and North Dakota looked good. Good passing and puck control

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Both Michigan and North Dakota looked good. Good passing and puck control
              Its amazing how good some of these teams are after watching Maine for the last couple years
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Its amazing how good some of these teams are after watching Maine for the last couple years
                North Dakota wasn't good enough to beat Maine though! To be fair, North Dakota should have had four or five more goals in game but kept missing empty nets.

Has Maine not played Michigan since the '03 regional at Yost? Really sad if it has been that long.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I guess Monty can coach a little after all

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    I just came over here as my team is getting annihilated to see when the "can we get Monty to replace Red?" talk was going to start. I see it already has..

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      North Dakota wasn't good enough to beat Maine though! To be fair, North Dakota should have had four or five more goals in game but kept missing empty nets.

Has Maine not played Michigan since the '03 regional at Yost? Really sad if it has been that long.

I don't believe so...and the ESPN guys were saying it could be Berenson's final game...his contract is up and they have a new AD

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        I just came over here as my team is getting annihilated to see when the "can we get Monty to replace Red?" talk was going to start. I see it already has..
                        Well that ship has sailed, aint happening now; but midseason some around here were suggesting it was good we didnt get him as Denver was struggling. Yeah not so much

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Like watching a different division, right?
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            All it took was one win in the NCAAs

Comment

• If only jimmy would have been the maine coach, he would have had maine in ff. Oh wait, maine doesn't have more than a couple of players who could play for du, never mind

Comment

Mighta won more than 8 games tho......

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Working...
                                X