Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Maine's goal tender coach Ray Jean leaving hockey program. Taking a new position (unpaid), as goal tending development coordinator for USA Hockey in Maine.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/03/2...ckey-position/

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Maine's goal tender coach Ray Jean leaving hockey program. Taking a new position (unpaid), as goal tending development coordinator for USA Hockey in Maine.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/03/2...ckey-position/
      Wish him well. Hopeful a good replacement can be put on the staff. I,ve been concerned in how little improvement in goal tending skills were realized.

Comment

• Personally, good to see Notre Dame is leaving hock East. Never made sense.

Comment

I liked Notre Dame in the league but their geography made it difficult......and there are too many good programs in the league anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            I liked Notre Dame in the league but their geography made it difficult......and there are too many good programs in the league anyway.
            They have a good program and brought a competitive level for sure. It's just the geography didn't seem right.

Comment

Another great recruiting pickup

https://twitter.com/overtheboards/st...19562906587137

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                How do you know he is great? Looks like another grinder if stats is all you have. Anyone seen him play?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                  He played on a mediocre team with an overall losing record. I think there were a couple of other players who scored more points than he did. Magera being one of them.
                  Last edited by Runsub5; 03-23-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    How do you know he is great? Looks like another grinder if stats is all you have. Anyone seen him play?
                    Jeff Cox had good things to say about him on Twitter. I would guess he probably sees more prep hockey than any of us.

Alfie Michaud new goaltending coach, huge get in my opinion.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Jeff Cox had good things to say about him on Twitter. I would guess he probably sees more prep hockey than any of us.

Getting Alfie is a home run and he'll make the goaltenders better. And Jeff had this to say about Needham: https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...18988106461184

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He sees more prep hockey than most scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          Getting Alfie is a home run and he'll make the goaltenders better. And Jeff had this to say about Needham: https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...18988106461184
                          I'm happy with any mid level player (not high end highly recruited) who is not a primadonna, comes to play his butt off at all times, knows his role on the team, takes interest and satisfaction in that role, learns from the coaching staff, and is proud to put on the jersey.
                          Recipe for success.

Great to learn about the goalie coach - will be interested to hear more.

Comment

Goalie recruit

"The Black Bears have received a verbal commitment from 6-8, 240-pound Stephen Mundinger of Smithtown, New York.

Mundinger had a 2.71 goals-against average and a .936 save percentage for the New York Aviators of the NA3EHL this season."

Comment

Somebody find the things the "experts" said about the guys on the team now who cant put the puck in the Stillwater. Hope the new kid is good but its hard to put much stock in the Twitter hype community these days

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Somebody find the things the "experts" said about the guys on the team now who cant put the puck in the Stillwater. Hope the new kid is good but its hard to put much stock in the Twitter hype community these days

Well some of these experts spend a lot of time at rinks watching these guys play, so I think they know what they're talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X