Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Well it looks like we CAN win on the road. Wahoo.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Garth sucked until he lost weight. You need to be able able to get up and down quickly and more weight may hurt that but I've never seen the kid play. I'd be more worried about being 6ft 8in at 16 because I doubt he has stopped growing. They are taking a chance on the kid, maybe he is the real deal when 19 yrs old or maybe not
      Hard to gauge at that age and size already...someone had to see him and think he'd be worth a look or shot at Div.1 hockey....watching the WJC the last couple years and the Countrys beside the usually 5 or 6 are putting out good solid players...Germany/Switzerland and a few others...and its usually there goaltenders that keep them in the games under a barrage of shots.

Comment

• Bought tickets for weekend. Saturday is pretty well filled up.
        Last edited by NorthMike; 02-02-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Awfully quiet in here this week with the defending champions set to come to Orono.

http://www.uscho.com/?p=68741

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
            Awfully quiet in here this week with the defending champions set to come to Orono.

http://www.uscho.com/?p=68741
            Like what Red has to say in that article. going .500 since the dreadful start is at least going in the right direction. Be nice to get some points this weekend. I'm thinking they will At the very least make it so Jons car won't start
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Larry Mahoney has interviewed former UMaine defenseman Matt Deschamps about the two German players who have verbally committed to UMaine. See story here
              Last edited by dwollstadt; 02-05-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

That was deflating. Morris had a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  That was deflating. Morris had a great game.
                  Not a surprise who could have shut Saracino down and didn't.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Not a surprise who could have shut Saracino down and didn't.
                    Well, Maine isn't very good. Would have been nice to get this one.

Disturbing number of people dressed as empty seats with the defending champs in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Well, Maine isn't very good. Would have been nice to get this one.

Disturbing number of people dressed as empty seats with the defending champs in town.
                      I was going to go but didn't because of the snow and I would imagine a lot of other people were in the same boat, especially with the game on tv.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I was going to go but didn't because of the snow and I would imagine a lot of other people were in the same boat, especially with the game on tv.
                        I don't blame you or anyone for not going. But if this is the program that is supposed to be making money for the athletic department...

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          I don't blame you or anyone for not going. But if this is the program that is supposed to be making money for the athletic department...
                          I didn't go, but donated $40 to the University for tonights game...

Comment

I drove around in that snow all day, decided to watch on TV last night. Be there tonight. I doubt the game is even close though. Matty was great, team D was good, offense sucks. Maine had some chances, Gibson and Brown especially but cant goalie out of position. Looks like PC has another great goalie. Kind of sick of losing to PC all the time
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Tough loss. Can't fault the effort though. When I saw Scarabo or whatever his name is come off the sideboards I knew it was all over. Seen that replay too many times
                              Last edited by all bear; 02-06-2016, 10:25 AM.
                              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I drove around in that snow all day, decided to watch on TV last night. Be there tonight. I doubt the game is even close though. Matty was great, team D was good, offense sucks. Maine had some chances, Gibson and Brown especially but cant goalie out of position. Looks like PC has another great goalie. Kind of sick of losing to PC all the time
                                Undrafted junior that sat on the bench for two years pretty much and the backup is a freshman draft pick of the Canadiens
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X