Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    http://www.goblackbears.com/news/201...eARWcs.twitter

10/2/2016 St. Francis Xavier
    10/7/2016 RPI
    10/8/2016 RPI
    10/14/2016 Quinnipiac
    10/15/2016 Quinnipiac
    10/21/2016 @ Miami (OH)
    10/22/2016 @ Miami (OH)
    10/28/2016 @ Colgate
    10/29/2016 @ Colgate
    11/4/2016 Boston College @ Portland
    11/5/2016 Boston College
    11/11/2016 UMass-Lowell
    11/13/2016 @ UMass-Lowell
    11/18/2016 @ Vermont
    11/19/2016 @ Vermont
    11/26/2016 Brown @ Portland
    12/2/2016 @ UNH
    12/3/2016 UNH
    12/9/2016 AIC
    12/10/2016 AIC
    12/30/2016 @ UNH (Verizon Center, Manchester, NH)
    1/6/2017 USA National Development Program
    1/12/2017 @ UCONN
    1/14/2017 @ UCONN (Frozen Fenway)
    1/20/2017 @ Boston University
    1/21/2017 Boston University
    1/27/2017 UMass
    1/28/2017 UMass
    2/3/2017 @ Providence
    2/4/2017 @ Providence
    2/10/2017 Notre Dame @ Portland
    2/11/2017 Notre Dame
    2/17/2017 @ Merrimack
    2/18/2017 @ Merrimack
    2/24/2017 Northeastern
    2/25/2017 Northeastern (Senior Night)
    It's too bad they are playing an exhibition game in place of a real one, but other than that the schedule looks pretty good. Its nice that season ticket prices have come down although I'm not a big fan of calling them memberships.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Season tickets are available in four tiers. It appears that Blue (C,D,M,N) is sold out.

Gold (First four rows of upper deck) $855 ($355 + $500 donation)
      Silver (front row on glass) $380 (limited quantities)
      White: (Rest of arena) $285

With 19 home games (including exhibitions, HE Playoffs) that works out to:
      Gold: $45
      Silver: $20
      Blue: $18.15
      White: $15

https://tickets.umaine.edu/goblackbe...nt?interface=2
      Last edited by ticapnews; 07-01-2016, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        It's too bad they are playing an exhibition game in place of a real one, but other than that the schedule looks pretty good. Its nice that season ticket prices have come down although I'm not a big fan of calling them memberships.
        They are playing a full allotment of 34 games, plus the exhibition vs a Canadian team, plus an exhibition vs USNDP. That is the maximum number of games they are allowed to play.

Comment

They are playing a full allotment of 34 games, plus the exhibition vs a Canadian team, plus an exhibition vs USNDP. That is the maximum number of games they are allowed to play.
          You're right, I obviously can't count. Schedule gets two thumbs up from me.

Comment

And some perks for buying season tickets:

Free parking, a 3-month payment plan, ticket exchange, member pricing for additional tickets and more!
            http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...Membership.pdf

Outstanding per game savings as well:
            Gold: $45/50
            Silver: $20/40
            Blue: $18.15/35
            White: $15/20
            Last edited by ticapnews; 07-01-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

So, now that we have an official schedule out - and I know it's only July - how many wins do you forsee out of it? Realistically, I'm going with 14-15, but with improvements on the back end/goaltending, maybe they can steal a few more games, and have a home postseason series

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                And some perks for buying season tickets:

Free parking, a 3-month payment plan, ticket exchange, member pricing for additional tickets and more!
                http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...Membership.pdf

Outstanding per game savings as well:
                Gold: $45/50
                Silver: $20/40
                Blue: $18.15/35
                White: $15/20
                New price structure has first row on glass paying $95.00 more than 2nd row. The difference in viewing between these two rows is certainly not worth a $95.00 premium in my opinion. I know, I sit in row one. My seats will be available.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF56VO0qqLQ

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                    So, now that we have an official schedule out - and I know it's only July - how many wins do you forsee out of it? Realistically, I'm going with 14-15, but with improvements on the back end/goaltending, maybe they can steal a few more games, and have a home postseason series
                    I think you're in the right area. The schedule should be much easier this year and I don't see many games where you completely write Maine off. There were at least half a dozen last year where I didn't think they had much chance.

Comment

My video previews begin. The first is an intro to Black Bear Beat; the second is a preview of the non-conference schedule. Upcoming videos will include the Hockey East schedule, a conference preview and possibly a video detailing the new season ticket holder pricing and perks for the team this year.

Once the season starts I intend to upload Maine and opposition press conferences and video recaps of each game. I have been informed that I can include game highlights so I'll play around with doing the voice-over for recaps. I hope to make it up to campus for media day so I can do some interviews with players and maybe even track down Red for a word or two. I am thinking about getting a season ticket so I can do giveaways throughout the season.

I know the glare from my glasses is a little distracting and I am working on ways to alleviate that. It shouldn't be an issue with game recaps and the like at Alfond. Any other constructive criticism (or unlikely praise) please leave in the comments on YouTube. Requests or questions are welcome as well. For any trolling, please send your comments elsewhere.

Black Bear Beat intro: https://youtu.be/x0y7gDBr93U
                      The 2016-17 Non-Conference Schedule: https://youtu.be/9vLqEi11t6I

Comment

The new season ticket info says areas that had been paid parking will now be free parking. Does that mean free for all ticket-holders or free but reserved for season ticket-holders? If the areas that used to be "preferred parking" will be open to the general public, then what is the incentive to buy a season ticket?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                          The new season ticket info says areas that had been paid parking will now be free parking. Does that mean free for all ticket-holders or free but reserved for season ticket-holders? If the areas that used to be "preferred parking" will be open to the general public, then what is the incentive to buy a season ticket?
                          The parking is free for everyone. The incentive to buy season tickets is the massive savings over individual game prices. In some cases up to 50%. Also the fleece blanket.

Comment

Also the fleece blanket.
                            In the shape the product is in, emphasis on fleeced.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                              10-12.

Comment

Hopefully the decreased ticket prices will be a small cog that'll help attendance

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/07/0...ll-attendance/

Comment

Working...
                                X