Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Steve Piotrowski found new work as a basketball referee in America East.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Steve Piotrowski found new work as a basketball referee in America East.
      Basketball has to be one of the worst games to call...sometimes they let them play...sometimes its tickey/tackey...frustrating game when its not call the same way...which I think it was but effected Maine more down the end, Tough ending no matter how you see it. But they had there chances also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Basketball has to be one of the worst games to call...sometimes they let them play...sometimes its tickey/tackey...frustrating game when its not call the same way...which I think it was but effected Maine more down the end, Tough ending no matter how you see it. But they had there chances also.
        Maine had 2 chances to win at the buzzer, first one they had the ball where they wanted it and who they wanted taking the shot, airball. Second one, they didn't, could have been foul but chances of getting that call in Albany are slim and none. Thought Maine played well, Sigi is very impressive but they need some height that can move. Now the question is, what happens to Baron, sign? or is he gone?? I'd rather watch Womens BBall then mens hockey at this point
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maine had 2 chances to win at the buzzer, first one they had the ball where they wanted it and who they wanted taking the shot, airball. Second one, they didn't, could have been foul but chances of getting that call in Albany are slim and none. Thought Maine played well, Sigi is very impressive but they need some height that can move. Now the question is, what happens to Baron, sign? or is he gone?? I'd rather watch Womens BBall then mens hockey at this point
          Going into this game I didn't think Maine would win, but they kept it closer than I thought they would. The last few games of the season they have struggled offensively. It appeared to me there was a lot of standing around and were not working hard to get open for good shots. Played much better offensively earlier in the season. Defensively, I thought they played well down the stretch. Big holes to fill next season with most of the starters graduating. Good question on Barron leaving or staying. Most people I talk to seem to think he is committed to Maine. We'll see.

Comment

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/1...rpower-status/

Comment

Sure can't hurt to get the Portland and south fan base complaining, the AD isn't listening to the local Bangor base.

Comment

Just saw a copy of the Press Herald - Front page headline article!

Comment

Well its something that many know is happening and has been happening.."IF" it can ONLY OPEN others eye's and pocketbook$ to the PROBLEM that is going on, then GREAT but I don't know if it will. I still think(imo)that you need people in charge that have College Hockey back-grounds in Div.1 and know the area/State and what it means to have a Program that is going in the right direction, you can say/print whatever but something has to happen and SOONER not later is what's needed. Glad to see the Article...but I do still come away frustrated that it will only be that...TALK and little to NO ACTION. It many sound negative but it's not suppose to be, just the facts are facts, as of late nothing comes out positive in this Program going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Sure can't hurt to get the Portland and south fan base complaining, the AD isn't listening to the local Bangor base.
                    He has NO experience in College Hockey...and he needs advice/help ASAP.

Comment

I didn't major in accounting at the university but when expenditures exceed revenue I believe that's called a deficit.
                      http://www.pressherald.com/wp-conten...inances031.jpg

For the record, I don't believe the numbers for a second, but that is the bull$#!t the school is feeding us, so...
                      Last edited by ticapnews; 03-13-2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        I didn't major in accounting at the university but when expenditures exceed revenue I believe that's called a deficit.
                        http://www.pressherald.com/wp-conten...inances031.jpg

For the record, I don't believe the numbers for a second, but that is the bull$#!t the school is feeding us, so...
                        Either the school cuts football and redirects those resources to a winning, money making hockey team, or the school keeps its money losing JV football team and has a money losing bad hockey team. There's no in between. It's one or the other.

Comment

I dont understand why you keep saying this. The football team brought in 725000 from its two FBS games last year which is like 85 percent of the hockey teams revenue for the entire season.

There arent going to be any resources to redirect to the hockey team, that moneys gone if Maine doesnt play those games

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I agree. AMC is a fine human being, but I can't for the life of me understand why he has such a hahd-on for dropping football. Cos kept Maine relevant -and even excellent at times- for many years. Hope this new guy can continue to pluck talent from places like NJ.

( One thing I *think* is going to happen within a couple of years is that BCS wins v. FCS teams will not factor into the BCS equation anymore... So Maine needs to schedule 'Bama ASAP! )

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              I dont understand why you keep saying this. The football team brought in 725000 from its two FBS games last year which is like 85 percent of the hockey teams revenue for the entire season.

There arent going to be any resources to redirect to the hockey team, that moneys gone if Maine doesnt play those games
                              Yes but does it cover Footballs expenses? No is the answer from what I understand. Football is never getting cut.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

That's nice but it doesn't erase the $1M black hole the football program creates in the athletic budget. The team would have to play all four NC games against D-I opposition and collect another $700K to even come close to covering the losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X