Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    A few including a UConn blogger. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legit.

Only curious about the "legit" part because we see many unconfirmed reports on social media in the journalism world these days. But thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
      Only curious about the "legit" part because we see many unconfirmed reports on social media in the journalism world these days. But thanks for the heads-up!
      He's now off the roster as is Justin Rai. I had a feeling Rai wouldn't be back given how little he played and the concussion issues he had in the past. Hope things work out for both of them and wish them nothing but the best.

Edit: Campbell gone as well. I would guess we see a couple more guys added to the roster.
      Last edited by Drew S.; 07-19-2016, 10:53 AM.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He's now off the roster as is Justin Rai. I had a feeling Rai wouldn't be back given how little he played and the concussion issues he had in the past. Hope things work out for both of them and wish them nothing but the best.

Edit: Campbell gone as well. I would guess we see a couple more guys added to the roster.

Here is the current roster. Musil is gone as well (unsurprisingly) and Pat Shea is now going to wear No. 27

http://goblackbears.com/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

I guess the goalie who played a Major Jr game isn't listed. Looks like we go thru season with Rob and Matty.

The concern of some that we had too many players on roster is over. Red cleaned house. Lots of freshman are going to get time.
          Last edited by walrus; 07-19-2016, 03:07 PM.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I guess the goalie who played a Major Jr game isn't listed. Looks like we go thru season with Rob and Matty.

The concern of some that we had too many players on roster is over. Red cleaned house. Lots of freshman are going to get time.
            A huge ?mark about goalies, sure is a key component to winning more than 10 games. Had hopes that Johnson might bring relief to this, sounds like maybe they weren't able to get his ineligibility fixed with NCAA for playing 10 minutes or one game in Maj Jr.

Comment

Just noticed Matt Morris listed as red shirt senior on roster. What do you suppose this means?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Just noticed Matt Morris listed as red shirt senior on roster. What do you suppose this means?

He sat out one year (the 2013-14 season) due to injury.

Comment

Have to agree with the departures of 4 (Morgan, Campbell, Rai, Musil) we have only 14 forwards and 7 D! I guess Hayes could play either, but desperately need more depth. Wonder if any of the older commits that are slated for next year might arrive???

Also noticed Baron Thompson is no longer listed as coming to Maine on the Heisenberg site. Noticed that about a month ago but have not seen it reported anywhere? Her would have been a "blue" chipper based upon what I had read previously. Surprised that both Campbell and Morgan are gone, not surprised by Musil or Rai. We need to have the younger players step in and it was clear that Musil was not up to the level, and Rai, given his history with concussions may not have been the player he was when Maine recruited him.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    Have to agree with the departures of 4 (Morgan, Campbell, Rai, Musil) we have only 14 forwards and 7 D! I guess Hayes could play either, but desperately need more depth. Wonder if any of the older commits that are slated for next year might arrive???

Also noticed Baron Thompson is no longer listed as coming to Maine on the Heisenberg site. Noticed that about a month ago but have not seen it reported anywhere? Her would have been a "blue" chipper based upon what I had read previously. Surprised that both Campbell and Morgan are gone, not surprised by Musil or Rai. We need to have the younger players step in and it was clear that Musil was not up to the level, and Rai, given his history with concussions may not have been the player he was when Maine recruited him.
                    I'm shocked Baron isn't coming, oh wait hasn't that been the case with every 15 or 16 yr they have recruited. Waste of time
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BobF View Post

Why are you surprised by Morgan and Campbell? Do you think they would have helped Maine much this year?

I'm not sure what the deal with Thompson was this year but he hardly had any points and was dropped for the playoffs. I would expect Quinlivan and Spicer to be the two guys who are not on the roster now to come in this year.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        He sat out one year (the 2013-14 season) due to injury.
                        Yes he did sit a season. Why redshirting him. Coaches thinking g Rob and the freshman are season starters?

Comment

A new recruit.
                          Dallas Farrell ‏@DallasFarrell44
                          Very proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey for The University of Maine. Big thank you to everyone who has helped! #GoBears🐻
                          http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=275800

Comment

Yes he did sit a season. Why redshirting him. Coaches thinking g Rob and the freshman are season starters?
                            The fact that Morris is listed as a Red Shirt Senior means that he is a 5th year Senior who is eligible since he was a medical redshirt his sophomore season.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                              The fact that Morris is listed as a Red Shirt Senior means that he is a 5th year Senior who is eligible since he was a medical redshirt his sophomore season.
                              My bare bones understanding is that he is a fifth year senior as he has the 4th year eligibility, but by including the redshirt which is how it is listed on the roster means he won't be able to compete in a game. The staff can remove the redshirt designation as they feel appropriate. Still wonder why the redshirt.

Comment

My bare bones understanding is that he is a fifth year senior as he has the 4th year eligibility, but by including the redshirt which is how it is listed on the roster means he won't be able to compete in a game. The staff can remove the redshirt designation as they feel appropriate. Still wonder why the redshirt.
                                You completely misunderstand.

A "redshirt senior" is someone who has already redshirted, and thus has the eligibility of a fourth year senior despite being at Maine for a 5th season.
                                A "redshirt junior" is someone who has already redshirted, and thus has the eligibility of a third year junior despite being at Maine for a 4th season.
                                etc.

If a player is GOING TO redshirt, he isn't listed as a "redshirt freshman" on the roster. He is just listed as a "freshman." Next year he will be listed as a "redshirt freshman."

Morris is playing this year. His fourth season of eligibility. Despite it being his 5th season in the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X