Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Bosto

Looks like snow Monday boyos. Don't know when it's supposed to start but they said on the news this am we could get clobbered.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Looks like snow Monday boyos. Don't know when it's supposed to start but they said on the news this am we could get clobbered.
      1978 clobbered?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Bosto

NWS just issued a Winter Storm watch (South of Boston) looks like 4-7 with some winds 20-30 we will see what happens for Boston,postponement perhaps? https://weather.com/weather/alerts/l...=KBOX&etn=0003

Comment

Originally posted by Tmtroiano View Post
          Where were all the fans? I was stunned by how empty it was even at the prime time (later first game/early second game)? Couldn't have been 10,000 there at any one time. Sad.
          Tom T. lives!!
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
            NWS just issued a Winter Storm watch (South of Boston) looks like 4-7 with some winds 20-30 we will see what happens for Boston,postponement perhaps? https://weather.com/weather/alerts/l...=KBOX&etn=0003
            Hmmmm...I have a game of my own at 10:10 in Arlington, that I was going to have to leave they ams early for. This will either throw a major wrench into it all, or maybe my game will get postponed and I'll be able to stay for the whole 'Pot game.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

If you're on Twitter, I'd recommend following @growingwisdom and his Weather Wisdom blog on boston.com. One of the most honest and accurate weather reporters out there. Apparently the weather models (which he so kindly shows!) they use are conflicting right now, so anyone proclaiming anything this morning is taking a wild guess.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                If you're on Twitter, I'd recommend following @growingwisdom and his Weather Wisdom blog on boston.com. One of the most honest and accurate weather reporters out there. Apparently the weather models (which he so kindly shows!) they use are conflicting right now, so anyone proclaiming anything this morning is taking a wild guess.
                I will second that recommendation. David Epstein is great, really accurate, and gives great detail on models and forecasting. A must follow during winter and hurricane season.

As to the earlier question, I doubt they will postpone for 4-7" of snow. It has only been postponed twice in the past (I think): 1978 and last year, both historic storms.
                Last edited by Tater; 02-06-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I just watched the weather reports this morning on NECN, WHDH and WCVB ( mostly because I want to know if this storm will affect my flight home Tues night/Weds am) and while it appears the storm will only drop 4-7" in the Boston area, the worst part seemed to be happening right around game time. Previously in this thread I posted that the Garden has an opening next Tuesday to replay this game. Wouldn't surprise me if they make the call the re-schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I just watched the weather reports this morning on NECN, WHDH and WCVB ( mostly because I want to know if this storm will affect my flight home Tues night/Weds am) and while it appears the storm will only drop 4-7" in the Boston area, the worst part seemed to be happening right around game time. Previously in this thread I posted that the Garden has an opening next Tuesday to replay this game. Wouldn't surprise me if they make the call the re-schedule.
                    I guess nothing would surprise me these days but with the current forecast (4-7" over an almost 24-hr span) it would be ridiculous to postpone. Last year we had blizzard on top of blizzard. Totally different circumstances. Plus, that opening next Tuesday is an off day in the middle of a Disney on Ice run. I doubt the Garden is salivating about breaking down and rebuilding the production associated with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      4-7 inches would be an absolutely ridiculous reason to postpone the game.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Of course the NWS has just upped their projection to 8-12 for Boston, 12-18 south shore towards the Cape.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Of course the NWS has just upped their projection to 8-12 for Boston, 12-18 south shore towards the Cape.
                          and here it is,up to a Blizzard warning for the South Shore (Mass.) http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigw...3#.VregnE-PRuY

Comment

K now that there's a blizzard warning approaching the city a postponement seems to be in the cards.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              K now that there's a blizzard warning approaching the city a postponement seems to be in the cards.

If postponement becomes an issue,The Garden schedule is quite full,the only open dates are the 11th,16, and 26th http://www.tdgarden.com/events/

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                                If postponement becomes an issue,The Garden schedule is quite full,the only open dates are the 11th,16, and 26th http://www.tdgarden.com/events/
                                It'd seem that Tuesday in the middle of the Disney run might be the best.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X