Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

D-1 Hockey Nut

Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Good Morning. Today is the day we finally find out. What are you all thinking as far as placement? Is everybody accepting the common prediction that we'll be in St. Paul against BU? Anyone thinking Cincy still might be a possibility vs the Irish?
    Go Pioneers!

It's official. DU playing BU in St. Paul. And 1 seed SCSU (3rd overall) playing Ferris State. Once again the NCAA does all things possible to avoid a one conference Frozen Four by putting DU and SCSU in the same regional. 1 seed NoDak (2nd overall) will play Michigan in Cincinnati. Minnesota-Duluth (a 3 seed) will play Providence in Worcester, Mass.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by co14ers View Post
    It's official. DU playing BU in St. Paul. And 1 seed SCSU (3rd overall) playing Ferris State. Once again the NCAA does all things possible to avoid a one conference Frozen Four by putting DU and SCSU in the same regional. 1 seed NoDak (2nd overall) will play Michigan in Cincinnati. Minnesota-Duluth (a 3 seed) will play Providence in Worcester, Mass.
    While I agree that the NCAA wants to avoid an all-conference Frozen Four, there was nothing they could do this year for the NCHC, and actually, it could turn into an all-Hockey East Frozen Four if it breaks right:

Providence or BC come out of Worcester
    Lowell comes out of Albany
    BU comes out of St. Paul
    Northeastern or Notre Dame comes out of Cincy

Regardless, Denver finished sixth. The only regional without an NCHC team is Albany, where No. 8 Lowell would face No. 1 Quinnipiac in the quarters, strict bracket integrity. By seeds Lowell should face No. 9 BU in the first round, but they get No. 10 Yale to avoid a conference matchup. Duluth had to go to Worcester to avoid having an intra-conference matchup in Cincy between a 1 seed NoDak and 4 seed Duluth, and an intra-conference matchup in Worcester between a 1 seed Providence and a 4 seed Northeastern.

Denver by strict bracket integrity would have gone to Cincy and faced Harvard, but then still would have had to get past NoDak. And with HE having two teams in the 9-12 band and two in the 5-8 band, they had to do some switching.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Good Morning. Today is the day we finally find out. What are you all thinking as far as placement? Is everybody accepting the common prediction that we'll be in St. Paul against BU? Anyone thinking Cincy still might be a possibility vs the Irish?
    First round of regionals:
    2014-BC*: 2015-BC: 2016-BU at least we don't go to the East Coast/opponent friendly arena this year.

Last week it seemed we were always matched with UND in Bracketology, but now we get the Cloudies instead. The bad news we haven't won against them this year. The good news it is really hard to win 4 in a row against any NCHC opponent. But first have to go through BU. They won 5-4 in OT in October. Should be a good game.

*BC back in Worcester this year where their regional record is something like 5-0.
    GO DU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by co14ers View Post
    SCSU is the overall second, which is why they were placed at the X over UND, the third #1 seed

I don't mind having St. Cloud in our bracket, we're due to beat them. We totally outplayed them last time (SOG, time of possession, etc) and if it hadn't for a goal off of a DU butt, things might have gone differently. I do mind having ND in our bracket though. 3 NCHC teams on one side and just one on the other. Oh well, bring on whomever, DU is the team to beat this year, we are the dark horse of the tournament.
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by vizoroo View Post
    *BC back in Worcester this year where their regional record is something like 5-0.
    12-1 under York in the DCU Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Are all y'all able to get flights home late Saturday night so you don't have to waste $$$ on a room after the game?

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Dmann View Post
    I don't mind having St. Cloud in our bracket, we're due to beat them. We totally outplayed them last time (SOG, time of possession, etc) and if it hadn't for a goal off of a DU butt, things might have gone differently. I do mind having ND in our bracket though. 3 NCHC teams on one side and just one on the other. Oh well, bring on whomever, DU is the team to beat this year, we are the dark horse of the tournament.
    The committee is trying to avoid the 2005 (2004?) situation they saw in Boston, when the Frozen Four was populated with all WCHA teams at the time. The rest of the nation didn't much like that situation.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The committee is trying to avoid the 2005 (2004?) situation they saw in Boston, when the Frozen Four was populated with all WCHA teams at the time. The rest of the nation didn't much like that situation.
    Western teams have pitched in themselves to keep that situation from happening since!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Huh? The Frozen Four was Maine, BC, Minnesota-Duluth and Denver. The final was Maine vs Denver.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Huh? The Frozen Four was Maine, BC, Minnesota-Duluth and Denver. The final was Maine vs Denver.
    No, Clown's right: 2005.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    No, Clown's right: 2005.
    But that was in Columbus (which nobody else wanted to go to anyhow)

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    But that was in Columbus (which nobody else wanted to go to anyhow)
    Columbus, Boston, they're the same dam town from here.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

DU got a commitment from Will MacKinnon of Ohio who is currently playing for Honeybaked U16 team. Not sure what year he is coming as he will be 16 next month. He is on Team USA's radar as he played on the U-16 team that won gold at the YOG. Edit: College Hockey Inc has him coming in 2018/19.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=285412
    Last edited by du78; 03-24-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Broke down and upgraded cable so I get ESPNU. Probably will cancel after the weekend
    GO DU !!!

Hey Guys, I see that Connor McCarthy de-committed from DU and committed to Clarkson. Any idea on the change of heart from either the coaching staff or the player? Thanks for the feedback.

Columbus, Boston, they're the same dam town from here.
    Birthplace of the USA...

No.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Birthplace of the USA...

No.

Boston is located in Philadelphia?

I am the Ginger Ninja! dubbie31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by du78 View Post
    DU got a commitment from Will MacKinnon of Ohio who is currently playing for Honeybaked U16 team. Not sure what year he is coming as he will be 16 next month. He is on Team USA's radar as he played on the U-16 team that won gold at the YOG. Edit: College Hockey Inc has him coming in 2018/19.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=285412
    Doesn't sound too kosher to me...
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 60...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

www.firstandmonday.com

Thread Information