• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    ATTENTION PIO FANS
    Jim Montgomery Retweeted
    Mark Haas‏Verified account @markhaastv 6h6 hours ago

Good news for @DU_Hockey, freshman Henrik Borgstrom @punanen5 says his plans haven't changed and he will play another season in Denver.
    Is this a sure thing? Also, what's up with Gambrell and Terry?

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
      Is this a sure thing? Also, what's up with Gambrell and Terry?
      Nothing's a sure thing until he steps on campus next fall. Same with Terry & Gambrell.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        Nothing's a sure thing until he steps on campus next fall. Same with Terry & Gambrell.

r
        True that. Just look at Trevor Moore last year. I was almost positive he was staying and the out of nowhere he was gone.

Comment

Good overall effort last night. CC came out and worked hard throughout. Lot's of tight checking and aggressive fore checking all over the ice. DU withstood the onslaught in the first, got a lucky break on the review and then turned up the offensive pressure in the second. Terry was a beast! Refs did a poor job keeping things under control in the third. Monty rolled mainly his third and fourth lines to wrap it up.

Let's make it 14 versus the kitties and head on to the Twin Cities!
          Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
            Good overall effort last night. CC came out and worked hard throughout. Lot's of tight checking and aggressive fore checking all over the ice. DU withstood the onslaught in the first, got a lucky break on the review and then turned up the offensive pressure in the second. Terry was a beast! Refs did a poor job keeping things under control in the third. Monty rolled mainly his third and fourth lines to wrap it up.

Let's make it 14 versus the kitties and head on to the Twin Cities!
            I second that!

BTW Your write up on Pio Seniors was great--Went back and reread all the "One Timers". Recommend it for all Pio fans.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Scott Mayfield playing his first NHL game in his hometown of St.Louis. Article on Islanders page.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

My 3 stars
                Logan O'Connor--2 goals
                Troy Terry--2 goals
                Evan Cowley--shutout, first assist of the year

Friday 3 stars
                Troy Terry -- 2 goals
                OOPS not Evan Cowley--Shutout last Saturday
                Blake Hillman--1st goal of the season
                Liam Finlay
                Last edited by vizoroo; 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

My 3 stars
                  Logan O'Connor--2 goals
                  Troy Terry--2 goals
                  Evan Cowley--shutout, first assist of the year

Friday 3 stars
                  Troy Terry -- 2 goals
                  Evan Cowley--Shutout
                  Blake Hillman--1st goal of the season
                  Interesting that the NCAA doesn't allow for star selection during conference playoffs. I didn't know that before it was announced after the game tonight. Viz, you inadvertently stuck Cowley into Friday's list. I personally would put Finley or 23 there. 23 was a beast at the dot all weekend! Agree with 22 and 19 for tonight. Terry was at his best all weekend. I loved O'Conner's second goal tonight. His lateral move to the net was beautiful. My favorite thing about Troy's second goal was his line mates sharing their astonishment with each other after he moved on to high five the bench.

Pretty touching to see the seniors out on the sheet at Magness post game. You could tell that Romig was really choked up.
                  Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-12-2017, 12:09 AM.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    Interesting that the NCAA doesn't allow for star selection during conference playoffs. I didn't know that before it was announced after the game tonight. Viz, you inadvertently stuck Cowley into Friday's list. I personally would put Finley or 23 there. 23 was a beast at the dot all weekend! Agree with 22 and 19 for tonight. Terry was at his best all weekend. I loved O'Conner's second goal tonight. His lateral move to the net was beautiful. My favorite thing about Troy's second goal was his line mates sharing their astonishment with each other after he moved on to high five the bench.

Pretty touching to see the seniors out on the sheet at Magness post game. You could tell that Romig was really choked up.
                    OOOPS about Cowley on Friday--must have been thinking back to back shutouts. So let's go with Finlay on Friday. Looking back on the last few games, Finlay has the talent and speed to position himself right at the goal. Reminds me of Luke "Goal Czar" Salazar when he played with Tyler Bozak. The "Czar" was at the corner of the net and drew Bozie's pass like a magnet. We may have to find a fitting nickname for Finlay if this keeps up.

A word about 23, Matt Marcinew, Face offs won 503 Face offs lost 296--63.19% won 503 is the most in the NCHC. An amazing skill. Gives DU a real advantage in terms of possession.
                    And how about Evan Ritt, 203 FOW 132 FOL 60.59%. Could be one reason he's seen more playing time this year.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Congrats to Drew Shore. Signed with Vancouver Canucks for rest of the season.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Just got back from campus. Big win for Men's Lax team taking out #1 Irish with a buzzer beater. Could move us back to numero uno!
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Going to be a very interesting game against North Dakota on Friday. Could be a potential preview of the West Regional Final in Fargo; Hopefully not though because DU plays worse in the state of North Dakota than anywhere else in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                            Going to be a very interesting game against North Dakota on Friday. Could be a potential preview of the West Regional Final in Fargo; Hopefully not though because DU plays worse in the state of North Dakota than anywhere else in the country.
                            As long as Todd Anderson isn't the ref we should have a chance both this weekend at the Frozen FaceOff and and in Fargo, but if UND is a 4th seed we can't go there.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

As long as Todd Anderson isn't the ref we should have a chance both this weekend at the Frozen FaceOff and and in Fargo, but if UND is a 4th seed we can't go there.
                              I believe North Dakota will be a #3 seed.

Comment

Congratulations

Will Butcher
                                Finalist for
                                Hobey Baker Award

Only Defenseman
                                Only NCHC player
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X