This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Thanks Viz!! I don't see any reason why we won't win the National Championship this year!! I don't see that we have any choice!!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Denver Hockey Retweeted
      Bakersfield Condors ‏@Condors 1h1 hour ago

Condors Unleashed tomorrow, Tuesday, from 2-3 p.m. Pacific features the best D turned LW in the league @joeylaleggia. Tune in on http://Bakersfield.com
      Last year Leggs filled in as a forward when injuries struck. Now the change seems permanent. We know he can score and Considering his size, this could be the path to the NHL.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

In addition to being #1 this week, we are wearing The Belt. We've had it since January 27, 2017. Now to keep it through April. #Skate for 8!

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...p-Belt-Part-IV
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Here's a more rational approach to bracketology by Chris Peters.
          http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m..._fb_sf57964546
          GO DU !!!

Comment

This weekend in Denver: Split. The series will look much like the last one, with SCSU holding on for dear life to gain a win against the clearly superior Pios, and then succumbing to the talent disparity one of the two games. It's been the Huskies' M.O. against top-ranked teams this year. And it'll make UND cry a little, not having SCSU slip in the PWR this weekend, so all the more incentive.

Regardless of the results, I'm expecting some fun hockey, just like last time they played.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              This weekend in Denver: Split. The series will look much like the last one, with SCSU holding on for dear life to gain a win against the clearly superior Pios, and then succumbing to the talent disparity one of the two games. It's been the Huskies' M.O. against top-ranked teams this year. And it'll make UND cry a little, not having SCSU slip in the PWR this weekend, so all the more incentive.

Regardless of the results, I'm expecting some fun hockey, just like last time they played.
              Any of your posters coming out for this one?
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                Any of your posters coming out for this one?
                I have no idea as they won't let me onto the Huskies fan site - they have my IP logged as a spammer address, so access denied. Thus I'm one of like 3 SCSU fans still on this site.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I have no idea as they won't let me onto the Huskies fan site - they have my IP logged as a spammer address, so access denied. Thus I'm one of like 3 SCSU fans still on this site.
                  i'll be a SCSU fan this weekend
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    i'll be a SCSU fan this weekend
                    You are irrelevant to this discussion :-P haha

However, if you're at the game tonight and you see a ginger carrying around a baby, that's likely to be me so feel free to say hi.
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

What a game!

First Star: Dylan Gambrell (Denver)
                      Second Star: Henrik Borgström (Denver)
                      Third Star: Troy Terry (Denver)
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Will Butcher

97 Down

to go

for the Century Club
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Seriously, Borgstrom looks night and day different this weekend form how he looked in St. Cloud last month. His goal with the fancy stick moves isn't likely to be repeated in too many NCAA games. The whole of DU just looked way too good tonight.

That said, whoever the play-by-play announcer is needs to adjust his style. My most sincere condolences to any DU fan who listens to that man on a regular basis. Yelling into the mic, and calling out a play as a SportsCenter highlight is rank amateurism. At least the color analyst was decent. Still, the PBP, combined with the score, caused me to turn off the game after the second period. I'd have continued watching if Altitude had hired a professional to do the job.

Comment

Angelo Ricci congratulates CO Thunderbird forward, 15 year old, Ty Smilanic on his commitment to DU.
                            1/20/2002 5'10" 154 Guessing 2020-21 season.

32GP 10-20-30 for T-birds

Chris Dilks‏ @ChrisDilks 7h7 hours ago

Smilanic played up a year and was one of the better forwards on a very good U16 team. Smooth skater with room to grow into his frame.
                            Last edited by vizoroo; 03-01-2017, 04:06 PM.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Does anyone know when the future NCAA regional sites will be selected? It would be nice to see some games 'out west' again.
                              STEAMER Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Joey13 View Post
                                Does anyone know when the future NCAA regional sites will be selected? It would be nice to see some games 'out west' again.
                                I know they always have this on their website. Really shocked me when all that was listed was the 2018 Frozen Four (XCel Energy Center in St. Paul).

Comment

Working...
                                X