This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

ok, one more time, where can we find an update on Troy Terry?
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      ok, one more time, where can we find an update on Troy Terry?
      He's out indefinitely with a wrist/arm/hand injury. There is no update, though there is speculation that he'll be out until the NCHC playoffs.

r

Comment

DU looks really good, and SCSU might have just played its best game of the season thus far. The Huskies weren't perfect, but they did look good. You can tell that DU has the potential to pop in a lot of pucks.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

bump
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Pios power Manchester Monarchs. Two of the top three scorers are Pioneers.
            Quentin Shore F 39 15 18 33--Q's best year at DU was 13-15-28 points
            Daniel Doremus F 37 6 26 32
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              DU looks really good, and SCSU might have just played its best game of the season thus far. The Huskies weren't perfect, but they did look good. You can tell that DU has the potential to pop in a lot of pucks.
              Friday night the Huskies really controlled the game. The Huskies were like the proverbial junk yard dogs with the puck, not going to give it up. Pios were strangers in the offensive zone. Certainly didn't play as DU fans have come to expect. Thankfully Saturday the Pios came to play and we got to see the relentless Pioneer hockey which had been almost totally absent the night before.

I may be branded as a heretic, but I must say I have been less than impressed with Henrik Borgstrom's play of late. There is no question he has the hands and skills of an artist in the offensive zone, but he disappears on defense and at times appears to be just skating around aimlessly when he doesn't have the puck. The announcers from St. Cloud pointed out he needs to get stronger to battle or keep control of the puck. As a first round draft choice the Panthers are keeping a very close eye on him. And promoting his performance at every opportunity. Just hoping they realize he needs to get stronger and stay engaged at both ends of the ice before making the jump to pro. Another year at DU would serve him well.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Article in SC(St. Cloud) Times indicates Terry's upper body injury is a broken hand. Terry and SCSU's Mikey Eyssimont played together on Colorado Thunderbirds.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  I may be branded as a heretic, but I must say I have been less than impressed with Henrik Borgstrom's play of late. There is no question he has the hands and skills of an artist in the offensive zone, but he disappears on defense and at times appears to be just skating around aimlessly when he doesn't have the puck. The announcers from St. Cloud pointed out he needs to get stronger to battle or keep control of the puck. As a first round draft choice the Panthers are keeping a very close eye on him. And promoting his performance at every opportunity. Just hoping they realize he needs to get stronger and stay engaged at both ends of the ice before making the jump to pro. Another year at DU would serve him well.
                  Mark Parrish is usually SCSU's color announcer on the TV broadcasts, sometimes his brother Geno will fill in when Mark has a conflict. Mark knows about scoring goals and playing tough in front of the net to get the dirty goals - it's what his role was during most of his NHL career.

I was at the rink for the Saturday game. I liked what I saw of Borgstrom, but he did seem to disappear for stretches. The kid's good, but he has some work left to really become something special.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Article in SC(St. Cloud) Times indicates Terry's upper body injury is a broken hand. Terry and SCSU's Mikey Eyssimont played together on Colorado Thunderbirds.
                    The question is, when will he return? We need him down the stretch and for the play offs.
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                      The question is, when will he return? We need him down the stretch and for the play offs.
                      4 weeks--cc weekend
                      6 weeks--St Cloud at Denver
                      8 weeks--Round 1 NCHC playoffs

From what I've gathered ( from no reliable source), the expectation for Terry's return is in time for the NCHC play offs. But remember both Romig and Gambrell came back earlier than expected, Can we be lucky again?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        4 weeks--cc weekend
                        6 weeks--St Cloud at Denver
                        8 weeks--Round 1 NCHC playoffs

From what I've gathered ( from no reliable source), the expectation for Terry's return is in time for the NCHC play offs. But remember both Romig and Gambrell came back earlier than expected, Can we be lucky again?
                        Expect 8 weeks. Anything better is gravy. Don't be surprised if it's longer.

r

Comment

Chris Knowlton's younger brother, Shawn, committed to play at Air Force next year. He is currently with Aberdeen of the NAHL.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

viz,

Check the note from Lugnut on the RPI PtC thread.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tonight's game against UNO is on CBS Sports at 7:30 MT
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Nolan Zajac second in ECHL defenseman scoring. 7-23-30
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X