Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Can you say All American...

1st team
    Will Butcher
    Henrik Borgstrom

2nd team
    Tanner Jaillet
    on the eastern side St Lawrence's Kyle Hayton who just happens to be from Denver
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Mike Chambers calls it the Triple Crown:
      Penrose--Monty
      Hobey--Will Butcher
      Richter--Tanner Jaillet--(he wasn't a finalist, but I call Evan Cowley for 1st runner up)
      GO DU !!!

Comment

You know,while I still hold a bit of a grudge for DU being at the forefront of the creation of the NCHC, I'm really sick and tired of UMD fans acting like they're some really special when in reality they are extremely lucky to be where they are with the timing of their rink and first title, so go DU, put those bulldogs in their place (not to mention it feels a little better knowing we lost to the eventual champs).
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It's

Game Day

#SkateFor8

Last edited by vizoroo; 04-08-2017, 03:19 PM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            It's

Game Day

#SkateFor8
            Beer is loaded in the fridge....now just waiting.
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

MAGGIE IS IN THE HOUSE!
              https://***********/LetsGoDU/status/...654016/photo/1
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Elliot Friedman on HNIC just mentioned in the 2nd intermission hot stove that Jim Montgomery is a leading candidate for the Vegas Golden Knights head coaching position.

Comment

Your team is fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Well deserved all around. I'm not sure if Butcher will win the Hobey, but he would certainly be a deserving winner. Best player from the best conference...would make sense that he gets the award for best player in the country.

Denver has been the best team I have seen all season long, and it may just be a matter of about EIGHT days until they earn another banner in the rafters.
                    Congratulations Denver. DU was the best team all season, and are VERY deserving champions. One of the best teams i have seen since the 2008-2009 BU squad. Tonight goes to show that sometimes the best team does win it all. Again, congrats and enjoy the feeling of hoisting #8.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats to DU on their 8th championship... Hell of a hockey team this year. Now NoDak has to go win another so we can be on top of you guys again lol.

Comment

Congrats Pios and Monty
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Well... you guys stuck your game plan and ****ing won. LOL

Not surprised after watching you destroy us and PSU in Cincy
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Congrats DU fans from this Sun Devil. I earned a great appreciation for your program when I made the trip up when ASU was in town. You have a heck of a team and program!

Comment

Great Game. Post game interview with Denver Goalie Jaillet was even better.
                              "We Fuackin won"
                              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

#FrozenFour All-Tournament Team

G – Jaillet (DU)
                                D – Pionk (UMD)
                                D – Butcher (DU)
                                F – Iafallo (UMD)
                                F – Terry (DU)
                                F – Lukosevicius (DU) Most Outstanding

This one, Natty #8, old pio know you were watching. like I said, This one's for you and Maggie, and Masterton, and Murray, and Peers, and O'Leary, and all that came before.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X