X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Pios practice at Magness in about an hour and then head to Cincy. Go get em boys!
    What do we think about Tech? We haven't played them in a while and their posters are still mad at us for leaving the WCHA.
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      What do we think about Tech? We haven't played them in a while and their posters are still mad at us for leaving the WCHA.
      Monty was saying they have a similar style with offensive D guys and that we'll have to play them tight for that. They don't give up a lot of goals. 2.1 ish.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
        I'm more mad for Jason Zucker ending our season in 2012.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I'm more mad for Jason Zucker ending our season in 2012.
          He ended DUs season too that year. I was at the regional game in Green Bay and Zucker had 4-5 scoring chances and a break away he couldn't convert on. Yeah, yeah, I know he was injured but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
            He ended DUs season too that year. I was at the regional game in Green Bay and Zucker had 4-5 scoring chances and a break away he couldn't convert on. Yeah, yeah, I know he was injured but still.
            haha, for some reason I thought that was the last time we played each other but I forgot you didn't leave the WCHA until after the next season...
            I do think many people have issues with how everything changed and do put most of that blame on DU and UND after the B1G domino fell but I can't really argue with it making things "better" for MTU. I'd rather be the Huskies than the Tigers. I really hope its a good game and not a blowup and I think it should be as long as Redmond doesn't give you guys any easy ones.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              haha, for some reason I thought that was the last time we played each other but I forgot you didn't leave the WCHA until after the next season...
              I do think many people have issues with how everything changed and do put most of that blame on DU and UND after the B1G domino fell but I can't really argue with it making things "better" for MTU. I'd rather be the Huskies than the Tigers. I really hope its a good game and not a blowup and I think it should be as long as Redmond doesn't give you guys any easy ones.
              Let's be honest; Mike Haviland doesn't even belong in the same arena as Mel Pearson. The CC Facebook page insists that they be better next year which could be true. They might finish 7th instead of last with Dean Blais gone. I'd be all for kicking CC out of the NCHC for Michigan Tech, if I didn't love the look on their fans faces when DU spanks them at World Arena.
              Last edited by Riz; 03-23-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Vote
                for
                Will
                for
                Hobey
                GO DU !!!

Comment

DU alum Tyler Bozak's assist (his 33rd) on a van Riemsdyk's goal was his 50th point of the year--NHL season high.
                  Congrats to @Bozie42
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

If you haven't read Mike Chambers piece in the Post, you should.
                    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/23...sed-title-run/
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 03-24-2017, 12:54 PM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      If you haven't read Mike Chambers piece in the Post, you should.
                      http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/23...sed-title-run/
                      Was 2005 the last time DU won a game as a #1 seed?
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Was 2005 the last time DU won a game as a #1 seed?
                        Yes. Lost to RIT in 2010, lost to Miami in 2009, lost to Wisco in 2008, all as 1-seeds.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                          Yes. Lost to RIT in 2010, lost to Miami in 2009, lost to Wisco in 2008, all as 1-seeds.

r
                          I don't see that streak continuing, although I believe in 2008 DU was a #2 seed (North Dakota was 1 seed in that regional). As I know all of you know, Denver is loaded.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            I don't see that streak continuing, although I believe in 2008 DU was a #2 seed (North Dakota was 1 seed in that regional). As I know all of you know, Denver is loaded.
                            Ahh yes, you're correct about 2008. I was looking at Wisco being .500 and assumed they were the 4.

r

Comment

It's GAME DAY! GO PIOS!
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

4-0 DENVER after 1st period. Go Pios from Cincinatti!

Comment

Working...
                                X