X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER--XL--This one's for Old Pio

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    As a graduate from both schools, I can confirm that DU's players are even uglier than you thought, and as for their hygiene...well, let's just say that I live about 25 miles east of Denver, and if the wind is coming from the west, it makes me long for the smell of manure.
    I thought so, but people around the league are kind of quiet about it. Sense of decency apparently you and I don't have.

Comment

Sigh. Not that long ago, we'd just be turning to hockey talk after a week of juvenile trash talk on the game thread. Where did we lose the path?

Comment

First let me thank FS23 and burd for stopping my streak of posting to myself.

Second, I have not experienced the odoriferous confines of the Undies dressing room which would surely make the discharge of bovine methane seem like a breath of fresh air. But to consider American Hero, Troy Terry, or the Human Highlight Reel, Henrik Borgstrom, to be ugly, you have obviously been inhaling too much of the odorous stench exuded by the Fighting Undies/THE SIOUX DAMMIT*/Hawks

*Courtesy of RPI's Flag Dude

And now on to...

Game Day!

The Rivalry Continues

The first of 4 to 6 meetings of these NCHC competitors, the last two NCAA Champions, who share a mutual and intense dislike for each other, begins tonight at Magness Arena.
        Will the season's final meeting of these two 8 time NCAA Champions be in St. Paul in April?
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Can't wait for the Souix to sweep Denver this weekend!! DU is way overrated, should be an easy weekend for UND!!

Just for you turd.. oh sorry Burd

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            First let me thank FS23 and burd for stopping my streak of posting to myself.

Second, I have not experienced the odoriferous confines of the Undies dressing room which would surely make the discharge of bovine methane seem like a breath of fresh air. But to consider American Hero, Troy Terry, or the Human Highlight Reel, Henrik Borgstrom, to be ugly, you have obviously been inhaling too much of the odorous stench exuded by the Fighting Undies/THE SIOUX DAMMIT*/Hawks

*Courtesy of RPI's Flag Dude

And now on to...

Game Day!

The Rivalry Continues

The first of 4 to 6 meetings of these NCHC competitors, the last two NCAA Champions, who share a mutual and intense dislike for each other, begins tonight at Magness Arena.
            Will the season's final meeting of these two 8 time NCAA Champions be in St. Paul in April?
            Cheers. May the best team win.

Comment

Thome will be in the net.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

First Star: Troy Terry (Denver)
                Second Star: Johnny Simonson (North Dakota)
                Third Star: Logan O'Connor (Denver)

Think the media were being kind to the hometown Pios. The DU team that played in the 2nd period, well they weren't very good.(understatement) Seems like they get a good lead and then forget what got that lead. And i miss Matt Marcinew--he took the important faceoffs and won them.

BTW What's with chasing at least one player out of the faceoff circle what seems like 90% of the time?

+
                GO DU !!!

Comment

ICYMI Emil Romig signed with the Colorado Eagles. Beau Bennett back with Chicago Wolves.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

First Star: Henrik Borgström (Denver)
                    Second Star: Troy Terry (Denver)
                    Third Star: Tanner Jaillet (Denver)

Only fitting that the night Borgstom has 4 points and Terry has 3 we look at another Century Club countdown and another strong possibility. After 12 games in his sophomore year "Nicky" Borgstrom has 65 points and is averaging 2 points per game this season. One hundred points certainly seems doable. With a goal and 2 assists tonight...

Troy Terry

Century Club Countdown

90 down
                    and
                    to go
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      First Star: Troy Terry (Denver)
                      Second Star: Johnny Simonson (North Dakota)
                      Third Star: Logan O'Connor (Denver)

Think the media were being kind to the hometown Pios. The DU team that played in the 2nd period, well they weren't very good.(understatement) Seems like they get a good lead and then forget what got that lead. And i miss Matt Marcinew--he took the important faceoffs and won them.

BTW What's with chasing at least one player out of the faceoff circle what seems like 90% of the time?
                      +
                      Does the media actually vote the 3 stars or does the home team coach provide them?

Comment

Its the media - which usually means the home and road SID and the home beat writer (if not solely the home SID) make the decision after the game. A decision that usually takes into account a quick look at the box score and 10 seconds of rumination. They are quite often favorable to home team as a result. The decisions for Friday's game being worse than usual...
                        Last edited by Dan; 11-21-2017, 03:02 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• https://twitter.com/lonestarbrahmas/status/933112095511478272

This would seem to indicate bad news regarding Adam Plant's injury, Saturday. Hammond still working his way back, Mostrom's back-to-back penalty performance and Fear not cleanly beating out Mostrom certainly leaves them with little depth if Plant is out an extended length of time...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            https://twitter.com/lonestarbrahmas/status/933112095511478272

This would seem to indicate bad news regarding Adam Plant's injury, Saturday. Hammond still working his way back, Mostrom's back-to-back penalty performance and Fear not cleanly beating out Mostrom certainly leaves them with little depth if Plant is out an extended length of time...
                            Have to assume Orgel has been accepted to DU and cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. If not he won't be available immediately. Fear and Mostrom make up a BIG pair for DU. Size on the D line has not been a plus in the past.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Festive Feasting

Happy Thanksgiving!
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

It's
                                Game Day!

The runners-up, the dawgs, from Da-loot are looking for revenge.

Pios, collar them dawgs!
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X