Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASU Hockey

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I thought the Coyotes were moving out of Glendale to a better location that would fit both ASU and AZ.
    Yeah, like thirty minutes to the East in Tempe.

Tucson is 131 miles away from Glendale.

I took your "three teams to share one barn" to mean the Tucson Youth Sports teams, University of Arizona ACHA team, AND the new AHL team.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tucson is basically a different planet from Phoenix

As was mentioned, Tucson will probably continue to be home of U of A hockey, youth hockey, and potentially the coyote purchase of the Springfield franchise

Comment

For those interested the arena study is due in May and the Athletic Facilities master plan is due in August, those are the time periods for more information on where the team will end up playing.

Comment

Is your tournament happening around New Years' this year? I noticed it's not the same weekend as it was last year.

Comment

Tucson is about an hour and a half from Phoenix. UofA's club hockey is big. they draw 3 thousand rabid fans a game. if ASU has a shiny new hockey toy UofA will not be far behind. the AHL team would be a good fit. I would guess it will be a go.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Player's tribune article written by ASU's Head Coach Greg Powers

Comment

That coach loves himself huh? That said I am glad they gave him the the first opportunity to coach the D-1 team given all of the work he put in for the club team.

Comment

Classic. Sounds like job preservation. Guy is so full of himself, he makes David Quinn seem tame. One of these articles without his reference to his great corporate ladder climbing would be welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                    Classic. Sounds like job preservation. Guy is so full of himself, he makes David Quinn seem tame. One of these articles without his reference to his great corporate ladder climbing would be welcomed.
                    Not like he can reference his past coaching experience.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Not like he can reference his past coaching experience.
                      Funny! Dudes got a monster club hockey chip on the old shoulder.

Comment

When is ASU announcing what conference they are joining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                          When is ASU announcing what conference they are joining.
                          First, they need an arena.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

First, they need a coach

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              First, they need an arena.
                              Really? Their conference plans all hinge on an arena being built?
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Really? Their conference plans all hinge on an arena being built?
                                Big Ten and NCHC don't want them if they're going to be playing at Oceanside.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X