Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uaa @ UAF March 4 & 5 … Why? …Because it really is never too early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Best BBQ is Dreamland in Huntsville! For a great Fairbanks breakfast, Sam's Sourdough on University is outstanding! The Deli at Fred Meyer has some really good stuff for lunch. HooDoo Brewing for a pint is always a terrific stop and if you have time to venture up to the Silver Gulch, it's definitely worth it and a pretty nice ride as well.

Interesting beer note: at "The Banks" in Fairbanks, a pint of Alaskan Amber will run $5.50 and a 22 oz will set you back $7.75. At Breaker's Roadhouse in Marquette, MI, it's $4.25 for a pint and $5.75 for 22 oz. Odd that Alaskan beer is cheaper in Michigan than it is in Alaska~
    You're really underestimating the market for booze up here. Supply and demand.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Clearly you do not now the first rule of being a Seawolf fan.
      I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see an own goal this weekend the way this season has gone for both these teams.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Re: uaa @ UAF March 4 & 5 … Why? …Because it really is never too early.

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        Clearly you do not now the first rule of being a Seawolf fan.
        I think I know this one. I saw the movie.
        Something like…
        1. You do not talk about Seawolve hockey,
        2. You DO NOT talk about Seawolve hockey,
        3. You do not watch or attend any Seawolve games.

Am I close?

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          You're really underestimating the market for booze up here. Supply and demand.
          I'm just glad I no longer have to wrap that 6 pack in the dirty clothes in the suitcase and hope the TSA and baggage handlers don'e steal or break them! Best wishes to both teams on rivalry weekend. Really wish I could be in all five rinks to see how the various rivalries play out.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Seawolf basketball didn't want to come play with us tomorrow. I'm kind of bummed.

Comment

Safe travels to all that are headed north.
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                And don't forget to leave a breadcrumb trail to find your way back...
                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                  And don't forget to leave a breadcrumb trail to find your way back...
                  It's easy to find your way back to civilization.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

It's easy to find your way back to civilization.
                    If you didn't leave to begin with, it wouldn't be an issue at all.
                    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Best wishes to both teams on rivalry weekend. Really wish I could be in all five rinks to see how the various rivalries play out.
                      You are in the know so clue me in .....
                      What is up with the Alaska teams have to buy all hotel rooms for visiting teams as well as the almost 15 grand they have to provide for travel.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        What is up with the Alaska teams have to buy all hotel rooms for visiting teams as well as the almost 15 grand they have to provide for travel.
                        UAF, UAA and UAH all have to front the costs for that as it was the stipulation for being allowed in the league for at least the first few years. Not sure the full reason for UAA then since they've been in the league for much longer but that's the reason I've been told.

Comment

Because us and UAH aren't smart enough to be located in the upper Midwest.

Comment

Just left Healy. We were dining there and in walked 3 more UAA fans!
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It's not "almost 15 grand".
                              We have been giving them $15,450 and they want more cash in addition to hotel rooms.
                              They also get all the revenue from the additional home games the NCAA gives them as a reward for coming to Alaska.
                              And not having sat in on the meetings I don't know what else they are demanding.
                              Just wondering if "greedy ********" has entered anyones thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                It's not "almost 15 grand".
                                We have been giving them $15,450 and they want more cash in addition to hotel rooms.
                                They also get all the revenue from the additional home games the NCAA gives them as a reward for coming to Alaska.
                                And not having sat in on the meetings I don't know what else they are demanding.
                                Just wondering if "greedy ********" has entered anyones thoughts?
                                Not only that, you're putting them up at the nicest hotel in Anchorage (although I'm sure the rooms are an in-kind donation).
                                We used to put teams at the Westmark. Now we have the wisdom to stick our opponents at the airport La Quinta.

Comment

Working...
                                X