College Football 2015-16: Bowls, Playoffs, and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2015-16: Bowls, Playoffs, and Offseason

115 days until we kick off the 2016 season, and the Big Ten's Primetime Schedule is complete!

**Minnesota hosts Oregon State on Thursday September 1st, but nothing released from ESPN or BTN about coverage for that game.

Your ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 Big Ten Primetime Schedule:

Sat, Oct. 8 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. No. 3 Michigan at Rutgers

Sat, Oct. 15 8 p.m. No. 10 Ohio State at Wisconsin

Sat, Oct. 22 8 p.m. No. 10 Ohio State at Penn State

Sat, Oct. 29 5:30 p.m. Northwestern at No. 10 Ohio State AND 7 p.m. Nebraska at Wisconsin

Sat, Nov. 5 8 p.m. Nebraska at No. 10 Ohio State

Sat, Nov. 12 7 p.m. or 8 p.m. No.3 Michigan at No. 17 Iowa

(All times EST)

Your Big Ten Network Primetime Schedule:

Saturday, Sept. 3 8:00 PM Fresno State at Nebraska

Saturday, Sept. 10 7:30 PM Iowa State at Iowa

Saturday, Sept. 10 7:30 PM North Carolina at Illinois

Saturday, Sept. 17 8:00 PM Duke at Northwestern

Saturday, Sept. 24 7:30 PM Nebraska at Northwestern

Saturday, Oct. 1 8:00 PM Michigan State at Indiana

Saturday, Oct. 22 7:30 PM Michigan State at Maryland

Saturday, Nov. 5 7:30 PM Iowa at Penn State

Saturday, Nov. 12 7:30 PM Minnesota at Nebraska

Saturday, Nov. 19 8:00 PM Penn State at Rutgers

(All times EST)
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Minnesota OSU is a primetime BTN game. Exact time of kick TBD, but I'd bet on 8 PM. Less likely is something like 5 or 6 PM local.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just a whole lotta awful stuff going on at Baylor.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Minnesota OSU is a primetime BTN game. Exact time of kick TBD, but I'd bet on 8 PM. Less likely is something like 5 or 6 PM local.
          That's a Thursday evening game, immediately prior to Labor Day weekend. The only other B1G game that night is Indiana @ Florida International. If BTN is looking to do a doubleheader, I've got to believe that Oregon State @ Minnesota is the featured game. B1G vs. Pac12 match-up and all.

Another factor: Claiming that 5PM on a Thursday is "primetime" would be pretty brazen, even by the standards of sports broadcasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Ken Starr is in the middle of that. He was obviously sent here to destroy us.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              That's a Thursday evening game, immediately prior to Labor Day weekend. The only other B1G game that night is Indiana @ Florida International. If BTN is looking to do a doubleheader, I've got to believe that Oregon State @ Minnesota is the featured game. B1G vs. Pac12 match-up and all.

Another factor: Claiming that 5PM on a Thursday is "primetime" would be pretty brazen, even by the standards of sports broadcasting.
              7-10 pm is considered prime time in the Central/Mountain time zones. If the game goes into that slot it can be considered "pt".
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Agreed, but it would depend on the other game.

On the primetime bit, yeah, now that I think about it, that would be 3 PM Pacific. That wouldn't fly. I'm guessing it would have to be 7 PM or 8 PM. I'd prefer 8 PM Central, I think. THe next morning will blow, but getting home from work and getting down to the game will be much easier. Trying to drive in or out of downtown in rush hour is terrible.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Michigan's OC wants you to know how many players who never played a down for him at Stanford are in the NFL: http://footballscoop.com/news/michig...or-tim-drevno/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Ken Starr is in the middle of that. He was obviously sent here to destroy us.
                    Ken Starr was reportedly fired a couple of days ago.

The official word from Baylor, on the other hand: "No comment"

Comment

And Art Briles is gone too. Making the Big12 more of a steaming pile.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        And Art Briles is gone too. Making the Big12 more of a steaming pile.
                        Holy crap
                        Code:

Comment

http://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

Baylor failed to take appropriate action to respond to reports of sexual assault and dating violence reportedly committed by football players. The choices made by football staff and athletics leadership, in some instances, posed a risk to campus safety and the integrity of the University. In certain instances, including reports of a sexual assault by multiple football players, athletics and football personnel affirmatively chose not to report sexual violence and dating violence to an appropriate administrator outside of athletics. In those instances, football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct. As a result, no action was taken to support complainants, fairly and impartially evaluate the conduct under Title IX, address identified cultural concerns within the football program, or protect campus safety once aware of a potential pattern of sexual violence by multiple football players.

In addition, some football coaches and staff took improper steps in response to disclosures of sexual assault or dating violence that precluded the University from fulfilling its legal obligations. Football staff conducted their own untrained internal inquiries, outside of policy, which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation, interim measures or processes promised under University policy. In some cases, internal steps gave the illusion of responsiveness to complainants but failed to provide a meaningful institutional response under Title IX. Further, because reports were not shared outside of athletics, the University missed critical opportunities to impose appropriate disciplinary action that would have removed offenders from campus and possibly precluded future acts of sexual violence against Baylor students. In some instances, the football program dismissed players for unspecified team violations and assisted them in transferring to other schools. As a result, some football coaches and staff abdicated responsibilities under Title IX and Clery; to student welfare; to the health and safety of complainants; and to Baylor’s institutional values.

In addition to the failures related to sexual assault and dating violence, individuals within the football program actively sought to maintain internal control over discipline for other forms of misconduct. Athletics personnel failed to recognize the conflict of interest in roles and risk to campus safety by insulating athletes from student conduct processes. Football coaches and staff took affirmative steps to maintain internal control over discipline of players and to actively divert cases from the student conduct or criminal processes. In some cases, football coaches and staff had inappropriate involvement in disciplinary and criminal matters or engaged in improper conduct that reinforced an overall perception that football was above the rules, and that there was no culture of accountability for misconduct.
                          Welp.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Given what happened at Penn State, they should only lose a few scholarships for a few years.

That's all they got, and that was against kids, and not adult women. Not excusing what happened in Baylor- disgusting. But that's how I see a worse situation handled. Fans sure forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Ken Starr was reportedly fired a couple of days ago.

The official word from Baylor, on the other hand: "No comment"
                              Starr "reassigned".

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ach-art-briles
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Starr "reassigned".
                                I wonder if they "reassign" rather than "fire" to try to seal the administration off from law suits. If you fire Starr you're admitting at least loss of institutional control and it could be construed as far worse. It's going to be Litigant Armageddon down there, but Baylor probably has enough clout with pols, prosecutors, the public, and judges to squirm out relatively unharmed unless they shoot themselves with some sort of tacit admission of culpability. I mean, it's only rape -- red states classify that as a parking violation.

Any lawyers wanna comment (if you're even allowed to)?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X