Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    You were only going to get a suite? I was going to buy the naming rights to the KC and pay to add a 2nd tier to LaBahn.
    As long as we are throwing millions around, I'd add a 4-sided video/scoreboard assuming it doesn't affect sightlines. It's crazy that it's designed so 20% of the fans don't have a view of the singular video board.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      As long as we are throwing millions around, I'd add a 4-sided video/scoreboard assuming it doesn't affect sightlines. It's crazy that it's designed so 20% of the fans don't have a view of the singular video board.
      What the hell, why is someone trying to be practical with their lottery winnings?
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

You were only going to get a suite? I was going to buy the naming rights to the KC and pay to add a 2nd tier to LaBahn.
        No. I was only going to get you guys a suite.

With all that cash I'm sure I'd be too good to attend with all you little people.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I was going to finance turning UW-Whitewater into a D1 hockey powerhouse so I wouldn't have to deal with Barry and Eaves anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
            I was going to finance turning UW-Whitewater into a D1 hockey powerhouse so I wouldn't have to deal with Barry and Eaves anymore.
            Maybe a crowd funding campaign is the way to go here so maybe there is still a chance. I'd kick in my $10.

I would also nominate UW-Stevens Point to be considered instead of Whitewater.

Comment

I am a UWW alumni, I vote for UWW.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                No. I was only going to get you guys a suite.

With all that cash I'm sure I'd be too good to attend with all you little people.
                You are always the thoughtful one.

Comment

a while back MCR asked if there might be interest in a get together for posters before a game I think, just putting it out there that I'd be down for something like that...

actually...the thought of having a couple of beers with some fellow hockey fans would get me out of the house quicker than the the actual ticket to a badger game for whatever that's worth
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Tonight's game against the B1G Kitty Cats is on BTN @ 5:30 CST so leave work early.

Baggot tweeted the line up:

Kunin-Rockwood-Besse
                    Freytag-Wagner-Johnson
                    Ford-Malone-Soleway
                    Cavallini-Ustaski-McGuire

Wittchow-Linhart
                    Schulze-Bunz
                    Davison-Tischke

Hopefully Jedd is healed up and not just gutting it out again. It would be great if that 3rd line could contribute some offense. Hughes and Sexton both made the trip, but won't play tonight. Jurusic will likely be severely tested even with good D coverage. PSU leads the country with 44 shots/game and a whopping 78 attempts/game. PSU comes off a shellacking last Saturday vs. MI so they'll be ready to go. Boys need to have their heads on a swivel on D, and will have to play with high pace from the opening puck drop to have a chance at stealing some points. Go Red.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

While youre at it, move Whitewater football up to D1 and rename it, "Wisconsin State". Then, they can start referring to it as, "THE Wisconsin State university".
                      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                      Originally posted by MadCityRich
                      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                        While youre at it, move Whitewater football up to D1 and rename it, "Wisconsin State". Then, they can start referring to it as, "THE Wisconsin State university".
                        Hey, they could replace East Dakota in the B1G West!
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Hey, they could replace East Dakota in the B1G West!
                          A lot of great minds on this board.

Comment

I am a UWW alumni, I vote for UWW.
                            Am I still an alumni after dropping out after a year and a half? If so, put me down for $20.

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            a while back MCR asked if there might be interest in a get together for posters before a game I think, just putting it out there that I'd be down for something like that...

actually...the thought of having a couple of beers with some fellow hockey fans would get me out of the house quicker than the the actual ticket to a badger game for whatever that's worth
                            Why didn't we talk about this when I was up there in November? I only got a chance to meet Kamigo... (But it was nice to meet up with a fellow forum member.)
                            Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-15-2016, 08:39 PM.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Am I still an alumni after dropping out after a year and a half?
                              Close counts in hand grenades, horseshoes and alumni-ship. I sing Varsity @ UW games and I only registered to attend UW Madison, then changed my mind.

No responses about a televised game.....we all know what Mama said, but I'm going to anyway....allowing a 3 on 1 short-handed...Kunin's cross ice pass attempt was a terrible idea, which got intercepted and allowed the 3 on 1. The there was the pathetic back-checking on that play. Kunin just effed up, get you aassss back into the play and clean up your mess.

Both 3 on 1's, where is the 2nd D? Sexton cannot come back soon enough.

Jurusik is just not showing me enough, but he's the best we've got. I was impressed with the shootout win last week, I thought he had tuned the corner a bit, but his technique is a mystery at times and he's over-moving on backside stuff, though last night it did not cost him. I hope that dud who bolted this summer is sucking wherever he is playing. Thanks for nothing (but he's an alumni, right? . People gave me **** about the idea of redshirting Petersen (if he would have been open to it) last year so he could compete for the starting job with bail-out-boy, it would have been pure genius. You never know and that would have been a great insurance policy that UW's be collecting on right now.

Allowing 58 sog? Getting outshot 24-3 in the second period? I know a lot of PSU's shots are garbage, and Jurusik stopped all the garbage, but come on, that translates to lack of puck possession for UW.

PSU has traditionally gave UW all sort of problems and I was hoping that UW would show some progress against them, that they are getting better against them, but this game shows no progress. At least they can score enough not to have an embarrassing box score in the end column.

Let's end on a positive. I liked the physical play, I like that they just don't roll over offensively and that they can come back against deficits. They did have a great chance to win in OT right before PSU scored, so I'm not overly PO'ed about the 3 on 1 in OT, though the missing D is an issue...darn, couldn't stay positive.

LET'S GO RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Tonight's game against the B1G Kitty Cats is on BTN @ 5:30 CST so leave work early.

Baggot tweeted the line up:

Kunin-Rockwood-Besse
                                Freytag-Wagner-Johnson
                                Ford-Malone-Soleway
                                Cavallini-Ustaski-McGuire

Wittchow-Linhart
                                Schulze-Bunz
                                Davison-Tischke

Hopefully Jedd is healed up and not just gutting it out again. It would be great if that 3rd line could contribute some offense. Hughes and Sexton both made the trip, but won't play tonight. Jurusic will likely be severely tested even with good D coverage. PSU leads the country with 44 shots/game and a whopping 78 attempts/game. PSU comes off a shellacking last Saturday vs. MI so they'll be ready to go. Boys need to have their heads on a swivel on D, and will have to play with high pace from the opening puck drop to have a chance at stealing some points. Go Red.
                                The lack of top end Dmen and depth at D is killing this team. There are too many brain farts through out the game. I don't know if it's the minutes being required to play or players being put in to play top end minutes that should be getting more bottom pairing minutes on most other teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X