Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the problem!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    More than four! *clap* More than four! *clap* More than four! *clap*

Also, Alaska's goalie seemed very personable. He laughed when we did the whole "act like the goalie is the ugliest person ever when he removes his mask" thing, and acknowledged our signs. He seemed to agree that the old Nanooks intro video was great.

Was the would-be fifth goal disallowed because of interference? I wasn't sure. Bummer for the Culver's promotion.

All in all, it was a pretty successful "Dress Up Like an Empty Seat" night!
    Had to get this from the Alaska Twitter feed. UW feed didn't seem to care.

3rd, 13:47 | NO GOAL! UW player interferes with Jenks' glove and also was in the crease. Nanooks down 4-3 #RollNooks

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by Red_Rob View Post
      Color me surprised.
      You weren't expecting them to lose all the games the rest of the way, were you? I'm sure they'll pick up a few more wins along the way. AU is in their timezone talent-wise. Let's get the sweep lads and head into the bye on the positive wave.

Perrin said McGuire was playing well on D. Looks like Hurley's days are numbered. It will be fascinating to see if McGuire can displace regular D in the line-up. What a commentary that would be. At this point he's my 7th man choice.

I love big Jed Soleway as much a fan can, he's one of my favorites, but he's trying too hard to be a physical presence. Last week he should have got a CFB, and he got 1 yesterday. Let the game come to you.

I almost forgot to talk attendance. I wonder if it was bad to due the no-name opponent or negative effect of the drubbing UW took last weekend. I was guessing they might get 10000 for AU. It's not a marque matchup, but the game is in the heart of hockey season when people should be tuned into the game overall. The picture I saw on twitter last night looked just awful. I really feel bad for the kids.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 01-30-2016, 06:19 AM.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVI: Stop looking for the silver lining and ignoring the probl

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        You weren't expecting them to lose all the games the rest of the way, were you? I'm sure they'll pick up a few more wins along the way. AU is in their timezone talent-wise. Let's get the sweep lads and head into the bye on the positive wave.

Perrin said McGuire was playing well on D. Looks like Hurley's days are numbered. It will be fascinating to see if McGuire can displace regular D in the line-up. What a commentary that would be. At this point he's my 7th man choice.

I love big Jed Soleway as much a fan can, he's one of my favorites, but he's trying too hard to be a physical presence. Last week he should have got a CFB, and he got 1 yesterday. Let the game come to you.

I almost forgot to talk attendance. I wonder if it was bad to due the no-name opponent or negative effect of the drubbing UW took last weekend. I was guessing they might get 10000 for AU. It's not a marque matchup, but the game is in the heart of hockey season when people should be tuned into the game overall. The picture I saw on twitter last night looked just awful. I really feel bad for the kids.
        I figured they'd get some, but honestly expect them to whizz away the lead and just tie

i have pictures from late in the 1st, it was really bad. hallways were empty again. Just like every game prior to minnesota. The lower bowl student sections finally filled in. The 2nd level was still bare. Both sides of the blue lines were pretty empty as well. for the white out the kohl game they want to have in two weeks, they'll be better off painting all the seats white.

Comment

• One thing happened last night that I had never seen before. After the handshake line was over, the UW players were gathering at center ice for their salute to the fan(s), and the UA_ players did the same thing in front of the small group of traveling fans. They gathered in a big line and gave their fans a big stick tap to show their appreciation. I've seen visiting teams give high fives as they walk down the tunnel, but have never seen them gather on the ice like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
            One thing happened last night that I had never seen before. After the handshake line was over, the UW players were gathering at center ice for their salute to the fan(s), and the UA_ players did the same thing in front of the small group of traveling fans. They gathered in a big line and gave their fans a big stick tap to show their appreciation. I've seen visiting teams give high fives as they walk down the tunnel, but have never seen them gather on the ice like that.
            Very cool.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Soleway has been next to worthless both ways this year. Needs to sit a game or series.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

It took eaves until mid January last year to make players sit. Now that we have five wins something is going right and why make changes? Change is hard and scary. That is why we still dump and chase.

Comment

It took eaves until mid January last year to make players sit. Now that we have five wins something is going right and why make changes? Change is hard and scary. That is why we still dump and chase.
                  Is there a team that does not dump and chase?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Of course not. But most teams don't seemingly have it as a core element of their offensive strategy.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      If we were better at it maybe. And as posted above, we rely on it so heavily.

Comment

Dump n' chase? More like dump n' change.

Comment

1-0 Wisco!

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Soleway has been next to worthless both ways this year. Needs to sit a game or series.
                            It's like I should be a coach or something.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              It's like I should be a coach or something.
                              He's suspended...

Comment

• Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                                IT'S A WIN!!! Pass the Thinner!
                                Make it a double!

Comment

Working...
                                X