This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Two) - Managing Decreasing Expectations

Just to keep score in the wake of the clever linguistics on display in the last two posts:

Chuck: Tirone starts tonight
    Darius: Regan starts tonight
    Snively: Tirone starts tonight

I think so , anyway

Doesn't matter - PC will sweep the weekend series, UNH will drop a close one and a 3+ goal margin.

It won't be good news if Tirone is on the wrong end of the heavy loss ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Just to keep score in the wake of the clever linguistics on display in the last two posts:

Chuck: Tirone starts tonight
      Darius: Regan starts tonight
      Snively: Tirone starts tonight

I think so , anyway

Doesn't matter - PC will sweep the weekend series, UNH will drop a close one and a 3+ goal margin.

It won't be good news if Tirone is on the wrong end of the heavy loss ...
      Maybe Tirone loses lopsided contest tonight, Regan loses a close one tomorrow night, BUT (!), then just when we think the scenario will be repeated for a third weekend in a row, Regan stands on his head to snatch victory from defeat at Tsongas, and then runs the table the rest of the way in the regular season and the first two HEA tourney rounds to take us back to the Gahden.

Comment

Acquired the information from the Providence thread...

For those who are unable to make it to the UNH-PC games this weekend, it's possible to watch online at http://www.coxhub.com/coxhublive for $5 per game.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post

For those who are unable to make it to the UNH-PC games this weekend, it's possible to watch online at http://www.coxhub.com/coxhublive for $5 per game.
          I'll watch just for the post-game handshake.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post

Watch the live feed and listen to Dan and Pete..ill be sending my perceptions via the Intl Spacestation. 😉
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Aw come on 'Watcher live alittle.... 😉
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Aw come on 'Watcher live alittle.... ��
                Heck, 'watcher's right HR. Could be the most exciting event of the evening.

Think back to bomber's posts about the falling out that led to SB's move to the Ocean State ...

Comment

I thought that SB and MS were on the recruiting trail this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Heck, 'watcher's right HR. Could be the most exciting event of the evening.

Think back to bomber's posts about the falling out that led to SB's move to the Ocean State ...
                    True dat! And I hope ya know I'm just playin' around withcha you know making light of things before it gets "interesting"...
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Wow. NIIC in first place HE...who knew? Go get em
                      eagles...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Which year was the PC/UNH post-game handshake brawl??

Edit - Found it, Feb. 14 1997. UNH wins 9-5, but with seven Wildcats suspended they lost the next night's rematch, 3-2, and dropped a 5-1 contest in Orono the following Tuesday. Those two losses would cost UNH the outright regular-season championship (they ended up tied with BU at 36 points). Can't find which players were suspended or a complete write-up of the game/brawl..
                        Last edited by Dan; 01-29-2016, 04:36 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Million dollar answer Tirone
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Which year was the PC/UNH post-game handshake brawl??

Edit - Found it, Feb. 14 1997. UNH wins 9-5, but with seven Wildcats suspended they lost the next night's rematch, 3-2, and dropped a 5-1 contest in Orono the following Tuesday. Those two losses would cost UNH the outright regular-season championship (they ended up tied with BU at 36 points). Can't find which players were suspended or a complete write-up of the game/brawl..
                            http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A2=ind...L&D=0&P=314597

As the teams gathered at center ice for the
                            traditional handshake, UNH's Eric Boguniecki cross checked PC's Hal Gill from
                            behind. Boguniecki had been hacking at Gill throughout the game, and at one
                            point sent Gill off limping after a hack to the ankles. Anyway, Pooley saw
                            the cross check and yelled to Umile to control his players. Umile and Pooley
                            then entered into a jawing match and both had to be restrained. From there,
                            both assistant coaches started a yelling match. PC's Josh MacNevin stepped
                            between the assistants to separate them, and pushed both away. When he
                            pushed the UNH assistant back, all hell broke loose.

If there are any DQ's awarded in this fray, UNH's Mike Souza should be
                            heading the list. He looked like a bumble bee pollinating a dandelion field.
                            He skated from one fighting pair to the next, sucker punching whoever was
                            tied up in a fight then skating away before any retaliation could occur. I'm
                            sure this will be obvious on the tape that is being reviewed.
                            http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?A2=ind...%3BMatches&z=4
                            14 players were suspended from last Saturday's
                            Showdown at Schneider:

Leigh Dean, Travis Dillabough, Josh MacNevin, Mike Mader, Mike Omicioli, Tom
                            Sheehan and Nick Sinerate from Providence.

Eric Boguniecki, Dan Enders, Jayme Filipowicz, Erik Johnson Rob Gagnon, Joey
                            Moran and John Sadowski from New Hampshire.

UNH players sit out tomorrow at Maine; PC players miss Friday night's home game
                            against Lowell.

Hard to believe the coaches/assistants didn't get anything for helping to ignite
                            the fight (one UNH assistant went after a PC player, and right after, Dick Umile
                            passed by one of his own players and told him to keep hitting one of the PC
                            players), but maybe some disciplinary action will happen later??
                            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 01-29-2016, 05:51 PM.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Million dollar answer Tirone
                              I was off to trawl the 'Net for details of the '97 brawl ... then I saw how I won the *jackpot*!!

Say what you will about Coach Umile, but most of the time he is utterly predictable.

Comment

This made for a fun read, the best/quickest info I could track down to link to the '97 UNH-PC brawl:

http://www.uscho.com/1997/02/21/this...ruary-21-1997/

Boguniecki and Filipowicz were two of the 7 suspended UNH players. The article names all 7 Friars.

Almost as entertaining in that item was the back-and-forth between Walshy and Parker. Classic stuff.

Hate to sound like a broken record (stuck CD?), but those were the days, my friends ...

p.s. - I believe that was the season Coach Umile had a late season cardiac episode, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X