Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-16 New England Patriots

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Cyrus Jones needs to be cut. What does it say to the rest of the team that a total fuk up continues to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances. Not only was the "fumble" bad enough, but then he was too lazy to look down and jump on the ball at the 1 yard line even though it was still loose. Sign some guy off the street and send him packing.

Don't blame Slater as much. I'm curious how many reps he's gotten in practice returning kicks. I'm guessing not many.
    I feel bad for the kid. As a 2nd round pick I don't think he's he's going anywhere just yet.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      I feel bad for the kid. As a 2nd round pick I don't think he's he's going anywhere just yet.
      I don't. Getting paid a lot of money to field kick offs. Not sure he does anything else (he was horrible in coverage the few times he played corner). If he can't make better decisions he's going to find out what having a real job is like sooner than he thinks.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Thanks, didn't have time to review my DVR. Pretty clear he had to return it. I'm not as inclined as you are to give him slack, though. Just can't fumble there, even if it means that you're going down sooner than you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Thanks, didn't have time to review my DVR. Pretty clear he had to return it. I'm not as inclined as you are to give him slack, though. Just can't fumble there, even if it means that you're going down sooner than you need to.
          I was in bed at the end of the 3rd and saw the highlights this am. Didn't even see where he caught the ball that's why I went to look it up. You're taught to keep your legs moving and that's what he was doing. Didn't think I was giving slack, it was just hat on ball and ball usually pops out.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Is that the same special teams that downed a punt on the 1, leading to a safety, and blocked a field goal?
            Yeah I suppose it wasn't really special teams its was mostly Cyrus that sucked
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18266035

Comment

Hester just got released by Baltimore. Pats should pick him up and put Jones on the bench until he sorts it out.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Hester just got released by Baltimore. Pats should pick him up and put Jones on the bench until he sorts it out.
                  Hester has been almost as bad as Jones. Fumbled 5 times, lost one. Been shaky all year. Time for him to hang 'em up.

Comment

Hester has been almost as bad as Jones. Fumbled 5 times, lost one. Been shaky all year. Time for him to hang 'em up.
                    I believe he's worse than Jones. Hester was more responsible than anyone for the safety Monday.

What I would do is put Edelman back there, with instructions that under no circumstances is he to do anything except (a) fair catch or (b) yell "Peter"* and run away from the ball as fast as possible.

*did anyone else hear the explanation why "Peter" is used as code for "don't touch the ball"?

Comment

I watched that yesterday, I cried yesterday also. Not sure how you tell your kid he is going to die.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I watched that yesterday, I cried yesterday also. Not sure how you tell your kid he is going to die.
                        Teared up myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          I believe he's worse than Jones. Hester was more responsible than anyone for the safety Monday.

What I would do is put Edelman back there, with instructions that under no circumstances is he to do anything except (a) fair catch or (b) yell "Peter"* and run away from the ball as fast as possible.

*did anyone else hear the explanation why "Peter" is used as code for "don't touch the ball"?
                          I'm not sure its possible to be worse than Jones. At least Hester has experience and has a better chance of straightening himself out. Besides, somebody has to return kicks. It can't be Edelman or Amendola because we need them as WR's.

Comment

I'm not sure its possible to be worse than Jones. At least Hester has experience and has a better chance of straightening himself out. Besides, somebody has to return kicks. It can't be Edelman or Amendola because we need them as WR's.
                            If Hester would sign for a buck 50 Pats might do it but the chances of that are slim.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              If Hester would sign for a buck 50 Pats might do it but the chances of that are slim.
                              Chances of the Patriots showing any interest whatsoever are slimmer.

Comment

They **** well better do something. Cyrus Jones cannot be allowed to return kicks again this year, unless its the last week of the year with the #1 seed already clinched. One mistake like that in the playoffs will end your season.

Comment

Working...
                                X