RPI vs. Harvard, Shillelagh Tournament, 11/28/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs. Harvard, Shillelagh Tournament, 11/28/15

A win here would be a big statement for RPI. Let's go red!!

Re: RPI vs. Harvard, Shillelagh Tournament, 11/28/15

2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    Ralph Baer         5- 1- 1 11 points  .786
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    fr joe             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2015-16 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        49-45-15 113 points  .518
    fr joe            42-48-10  94 points  .470
    engineerhockeyfan 24-25- 5  53 points  .491
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .442
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    DrDemento          6-19- 4  16 points  .276
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    Waite21            2- 6- 2   6 points  .300
    jericho            3-10- 0   6 points  .231
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 3   3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The headline on the USCHO home page said Harvard scores three power play goals to beat Notre Dame.
      I hope our guys read that. We cannot afford the dumb penalties that we have been taking. Hackett cannot be asked week after week to save these guys. Play smart and we can beat anybody.
      It would really be nice to take home some hardware.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        The headline on the USCHO home page said Harvard scores three power play goals to beat Notre Dame.
        I hope our guys read that. We cannot afford the dumb penalties that we have been taking. Hackett cannot be asked week after week to save these guys. Play smart and we can beat anybody.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
        ...and their fourth goal was a really stupid turnover when the D-man fluffed trying to clear the puck in front of their own net and a total gift. Two huge issues by our team put at the test tonight.

The one salvaging hope is, although Crisuolo had two of the goals, he was the goalie screener for the PP so they were tips, and they seem to spend way too much time trying to set up Vesey, to the point where I saw some of the issues I've seen with our play in trying to set up a specific person. That's not exactly something you want to do against a team that scores a majority of their goals on the counter.

The good news is, during the WMU game with exception of the third period when we started playing prevent, we pretty much controlled that game. If we can do the same tonight and just play our game, we'll be fine.

Comment

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
          Speaking of hardware- Jenn bought a gas powered chain saw at Home Depot yesterday. I am officially worried about some of my comments posted here.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
            One of the things i do not relish is that I never like to play the same team several times in short succession. We will now get Harvard 3 times rather close in time and it is very difficult to beat a team that many times so close in time. Counting playoffs, we could end up facing them 6 or 7 times this season and it may be too much to ask to sweep that number of games. I saw the box score and although ND led in penalties last night 9-5, it was really more like 9-2 as Harvard got called for the last 3 late in the game when it almost did not matter any more. For all intents and purposes, this game was decided and put away when the officials saw fit to call 2 minor penalties on ND at the end of the second period at the same time giving Harvard a full 2 minutes of 5 on 3 at a time when ND has to be quite tired near the end of the period. Not saying the penalties were not deserved (i could only listen) but you just do not see that very often.

Comment

The ND site for yesterday’s game is streaming today’s RPI vs Harvard (Puck drop @ 4:05)...... http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                The ND site for yesterday’s game is streaming today’s RPI vs Harvard (Puck drop @ 4:05)...... http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/
                This a free stream?
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  This a free stream?
                  It was yesterday. And the best part was there were no announcers. You must know what it would be like to listen to announcers from there instead of our WRPI guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    It was yesterday. And the best part was there were no announcers. You must know what it would be like to listen to announcers from there instead of our WRPI guys.
                    We have our wrpi guys there, couldn't they just patch them in to the video?
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

RPI Lines are out. No changes. Officials; Michael Baker Brian Hill (referees)
                      Eric Frank Jeremy Lewis (linesmen)......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...AR.pdf?id=2350
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Lines are out. No changes. Officials; Michael Baker Brian Hill (referees)
                        Eric Frank Jeremy Lewis (linesmen)......http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...AR.pdf?id=2350
                        I wonder if SA gave any thought to dressing 7 defensemen? Harvard seems to draw a great number of penalties (especially against the defense). Listening yesterday it was pretty clear that all those 9 penalties called before they got 1/2 way through the third period has the ND lines all mixed up and the defensive pairings switching up. There is no question we have to sty out of the box at all cost and our coach just has to sit down with #14 and Milos and explain that they can take no retaliation shots and no offensive zone infractions. ND was decidedly in that game until the 18+ minute mark of the second period and was simply taken out of it with 2 penalties and did not have a chance to rebound early in the third with another early call against them. often it is not how many penalties you take, but when they are called.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I wonder if SA gave any thought to dressing 7 defensemen? Harvard seems to draw a great number of penalties (especially against the defense). Listening yesterday it was pretty clear that all those 9 penalties called before they got 1/2 way through the third period has the ND lines all mixed up and the defensive pairings switching up. There is no question we have to sty out of the box at all cost and our coach just has to sit down with #14 and Milos and explain that they can take no retaliation shots and no offensive zone infractions. ND was decidedly in that game until the 18+ minute mark of the second period and was simply taken out of it with 2 penalties and did not have a chance to rebound early in the third with another early call against them. often it is not how many penalties you take, but when they are called.
                          I’m with ya Doc & everyone else who recognizes the excessive amount of PIMS this Team takes. The problem I see though is that it is a problem that has been discussed for yearrrrrrrrrrs here. How much more can be said to the players? Frustrating to watch for sure. We’ve all seen too many games that have had the momentum changed by selfish (non PC would be “stupid”) penalties. I’ld say, “it has to change” but it never has in the years I’ve been following the Cherry & Red.

Comment

I’m with ya Doc & everyone else who recognizes the excessive amount of PIMS this Team takes. The problem I see though is that it is a problem that has been discussed for yearrrrrrrrrrs here. How much more can be said to the players? Frustrating to watch for sure. We’ve all seen too many games that have had the momentum changed by selfish (non PC would be “stupid”) penalties. I’ld say, “it has to change” but it never has in the years I’ve been following the Cherry & Red.
                            It's the Engineer way.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I played some hockey many years ago. I had one coach who knew my temper well and simply sat down with me and said that a game is 60 minutes long. And most times you get to play the same team again in a few weeks. If someone takes a shot at you, write down his number and remember it. You will get the chance to prepay his kindness when no one either expects it or sees it coming. In those days we had only one ref and often only one linesman (or two but they could not call most penalties). he said you may not be blessed with the best of hockey skills, but you do have a very good memory. Hockey is truly a team sport and i do not want you ruining it for the 20 others on the ice.
                              ND played 18 minutes shorthanded yesterday in the first 45 minutes(and 4 of those minutes were 5 on 3 which virtually guarantees at least one score) while Harvard played only down a man for 4 minutes. Anyone who does not think that kind of edge does not alter the game just has no knowledge of how this gaem is played.

Comment

Working...
                              X