Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Literally a game in November could decide the ECAC regular season title. That's pretty crazy.
    It absolutely could and certainly is pretty crazy. Even though we have a long ways to go in this still pretty young ECAC season, I think this one could decide things one way or the other. I'm hoping for a good battle either way (with the Saints coming out victorious though of course ).
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

The future of hockey - ads everywhere on the ice.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        The future of hockey - ads everywhere on the ice.
        Yeah, I don't think they have enough on-ice ads. Yikes! Even the faceoff circles are ads.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          Yeah, I don't think they have enough on-ice ads. Yikes! Even the faceoff circles are ads.
          Just about any free space was turned into ads. The Zambonis even have alternate ads on each side.

Comment

• you guys played some pretty good hockey to hang in with a fast Q team.. even in ot.

Yet in the shootout (if you dont mind me saying this).. some of the most uninspired, uncreative shooting. Too bad one goalie had to lose.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              you guys played some pretty good hockey to hang in with a fast Q team.. even in ot.

Yet in the shootout (if you dont mind me saying this).. some of the most uninspired, uncreative shooting. Too bad one goalie had to lose.
              I thought both teams played great and left everything out on the ice. Was a great game to watch. I'll definitely take the tie and the point in the standings that comes with it.

I actually agree with what you're saying about the shootout. It seems like they were almost uninspired to win it. Then, it kind of dawned on me a possibility as to why. Winning that shootout would not have changed the result of the game which was a tie, but it would have meant we face UVM compared to facing UMass (and our old coach). Now that we are facing UMass we are in a better position to win tomorrow then we would've been against UVM, in my opinion. So, I see benefits to not winning the shootout. Now, did the team notice this ahead of time (hence the poor showing in the shootout) or was it just pure coincidence? Well, I highly doubt that is the case, but it's something that nobody will ever know for sure!
              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                I thought both teams played great and left everything out on the ice. Was a great game to watch. I'll definitely take the tie and the point in the standings that comes with it.

I actually agree with what you're saying about the shootout. It seems like they were almost uninspired to win it. Then, it kind of dawned on me a possibility as to why. Winning that shootout would not have changed the result of the game which was a tie, but it would have meant we face UVM compared to facing UMass (and our old coach). Now that we are facing UMass we are in a better position to win tomorrow then we would've been against UVM, in my opinion. So, I see benefits to not winning the shootout. Now, did the team notice this ahead of time (hence the poor showing in the shootout) or was it just pure coincidence? Well, I highly doubt that is the case, but it's something that nobody will ever know for sure!
                I think winning the shootout should have been both teams priorities. Vermont is 10th in the pairwise compared to UMass at 46th. Beating Vermont is more of a quality win than UMass. With that said what a great game between these two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing the trilogy in Lake Placid.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Quinnipiac ties Saint Lawrence 0-0 but wins in shootout in Belfast

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...e-0-0-but.html

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

Comment

Literally a game in November could decide the ECAC regular season title. That's pretty crazy.
                    It's the ECAC and the season is real young. Both teams will lose more conference games......you can bet on that. There are too many good teams so everyone will get knocked off a few times. For my money......Harvard has the most talent and more than Q Pac, No offense, but, I have it on good authority from someone who played your team that while a very good team.....the level of your talent and team is nowhere near as good as it was the last few years. They are not IMO nor will they wind up ranked that high.

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post

Don't think for a minute they didn't want to win the shootout. Playing their former coach would never enter their mind until they lost. They play and want to win and win the tournament. I really question the choices we sent out in the shootout. No Pritchard??? You kidding me?? Best stick handler and guy with the puck on the team. Marnell or Pritch should have gone first, then pick someone like Lough, Ederer even Gicewicz or Corriveau. To me the irony of that whole game was summarized in the first shoot out attempt. Kyle trips and falls down leaving the whole net open and Clifton (or whoever it was for Q) mishandled the puck when he had a completely open net. Ice had to be awful by that shoot out. Also...the scoreboard they put up totally confused me. It has spots for 5 shooters. I literally thought it was going 5 rounds and was surprised when it was over in 3.
                    SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      It's the ECAC and the season is real young. Both teams will lose more conference games......you can bet on that. There are too many good teams so everyone will get knocked off a few times. For my money......Harvard has the most talent and more than Q Pac, No offense, but, I have it on good authority from someone who played your team that while a very good team.....the level of your talent and team is nowhere near as good as it was the last few years. They are not IMO nor will they wind up ranked that high.

Don't think for a minute they didn't want to win the shootout. Playing their former coach would never enter their mind until they lost. They play and want to win and win the tournament. I really question the choices we sent out in the shootout. No Pritchard??? You kidding me?? Best stick handler and guy with the puck on the team. Marnell or Pritch should have gone first, then pick someone like Lough, Ederer even Gicewicz or Corriveau. To me the irony of that whole game was summarized in the first shoot out attempt. Kyle trips and falls down leaving the whole net open and Clifton (or whoever it was for Q) mishandled the puck when he had a completely open net. Ice had to be awful by that shoot out. Also...the scoreboard they put up totally confused me. It has spots for 5 shooters. I literally thought it was going 5 rounds and was surprised when it was over in 3.
                      That remains to be seen if they finish that high. Also we all knew that QU wasn't as talented as past years but I faith in the coaching staff to put the players in the right positions to succeed. Also the ECAC has been a dumpster fire with bad teams so far. Both QU and SLU and Harvard will clean up on th these bad teams.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

Comment

Neutral perspective here. Glad both Belfast games were on TV in New York City and thought StL vs. Q was a top-notch contest. The announcers were awful. My cat could have meowed and sounded better.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          I think winning the shootout should have been both teams priorities. Vermont is 10th in the pairwise compared to UMass at 46th. Beating Vermont is more of a quality win than UMass. With that said what a great game between these two teams. Wouldn't mind seeing the trilogy in Lake Placid.
                          Another classic of a game between our two squads. It's been a pretty good run of games now that are pretty special, regardless of result.

Comment

Originally posted by paulfb View Post
                            Neutral perspective here. Glad both Belfast games were on TV in New York City and thought StL vs. Q was a top-notch contest. The announcers were awful. My cat could have meowed and sounded better.
                            They were actually several notches better than the crew we had broadcasting our games last year there. The color guys were absolutely horrible last year. I thought this year was a vast improvement.
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I do recall some guy in the studio last year named Andres, who should have been calling soccer. There was also that Quinnipiac at Yale game where technical difficulties knocked out the first eight minutes.

Comment

That remains to be seen if they finish that high. Also we all knew that QU wasn't as talented as past years but I faith in the coaching staff to put the players in the right positions to succeed. Also the ECAC has been a dumpster fire with bad teams so far. Both QU and SLU and Harvard will clean up on th these bad teams.
                                If you do........good on you as it will be totally unexpected from those in the know.
                                As to other teams......not sure what is up with Union and how real they are. But if you've been watching the ECAC for as long as your name indicates, you know there will be nights that a team like Brown or someone will clog up the middle, interfere all over the ice and upset someone. Let's also not rule out Clarkson. I think they are a vastly improved team. I think Clarkson will have a lot to say about who plays in Lake Placid and for us to sweep them in any year, even when we have had a superior team has always been difficult.
                                Long way to go.
                                SLU

Comment

Working...
                                X