St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Lawrence University Skating Saints - 2015-2016

While watching the Washington and Pittsburg hockey game to-nite at about the 15 minute mark of the 2nd. period I heard the announcer say ___ ___ ___ Greg Carvel up at St. Lawrence University.I wasn't listening that closely, until my wife asked me what he said.What the words were before Carvel's name I have no idea.Did anyone else catch it ? My wife said that he might of named his replacement???????
    brashersaintsfan

Comment

• Originally posted by slu fan View Post
      While watching the Washington and Pittsburg hockey game to-nite at about the 15 minute mark of the 2nd. period I heard the announcer say ___ ___ ___ Greg Carvel up at St. Lawrence University.I wasn't listening that closely, until my wife asked me what he said.What the words were before Carvel's name I have no idea.Did anyone else catch it ? My wife said that he might of named his replacement???????
      There's been no decision made as of this afternoon, so I doubt it had to do with naming a replacement on the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
        I think they said "Greg Carvel on a trip to Russia to find the next Ovechkin decided to defect."

You all assume a few things:

One, that those really are the three finalists? That, in itself, has never been confirmed.
        Two, that most, if not all, of you are unaware of other applicants who are better than any of those three by a mile.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by slu fan View Post
          Pierre pumped Greg's tires.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
            I think he would keep Mike Hurlbut...they would work well together.
            Whoever gets the job, the choice of whether Mike stays will be Mike's to make.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Amen brother!
              SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post

As it should be!!!

Comment

SLU hasn't been to the NCAAs since 2007. They should consider every good candidate!

Comment

I really don't understand how anybody could reasonably consider a coach who was fired for an altercation with a player. What do you say to the recruit and his parents when that comes up?

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintFan View Post
                      I really don't understand how anybody could reasonably consider a coach who was fired for an altercation with a player. What do you say to the recruit and his parents when that comes up?
                      To my dying day I will believe that the seniors set him up. The president wanted him gone. His hatchetman wanted him gone. The AD was brand new and wanted to keep him.

Once the excuse was before the president, MM was gone. And MM collected from CCT for what I assume was wrongful termination.

And those Kings Stanley Cups were done with MM trained players . His one fault is having a lousy NCAA record.
                      Last edited by joecct; 04-29-2016, 10:41 AM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by SaintFan View Post
                        I'm not sure if you've been around long enough but did you read what actually happened with the player? That player made contact with Coach Morris in a practice. Morris replied by getting a stick up between his legs. Hockey is a physical game, even in practice. Coach didn't hit him back, didn't do anything that had a potential to cause any injury, etc. etc. It was all a fabrication.
                        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                          I'm not sure if you've been around long enough but did you read what actually happened with the player? That player made contact with Coach Morris in a practice. Morris replied by getting a stick up between his legs. Hockey is a physical game, even in practice. Coach didn't hit him back, didn't do anything that had a potential to cause any injury, etc. etc. It was all a fabrication.
                          Obviously I wasn't there and I'll never know what happened. But one could argue that a coach should ever be in that position. Even if he did just get a stick up between his legs, that's not an appropriate interaction between coach and college player.

I don't mean to completely discount your point, and there are a lot of people who agree with you that he shouldn't have been fired . . . in addition to a lot of people who think it was deserved. But either way, I think the real problem for Morris was this: when reports surfaced that he had assaulted a player, it wasn't hard for a lot of people to believe it could have happened. Imagine if that same accusation had been made against Tim Taylor.

Comment

Coach, "Hit him back". Okay that makes it all good he was just defending himself. Lol, I am sure he will have fun explaining that to the recruits and their parents. He should have never hit the player. If there was a wrongful dissmisal lawsuit that he won, please come forward with it and explain yourself. Obviously, he refused to cooperate with the investigation was dismissed for cause.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintFan View Post
                              Coach, "Hit him back". Okay that makes it all good he was just defending himself. Lol, I am sure he will have fun explaining that to the recruits and their parents. He should have never hit the player. If there was a wrongful dissmisal lawsuit that he won, please come forward with it and explain yourself. Obviously, he refused to cooperate with the investigation was dismissed for cause.
                              He won a wrongful termination lawsuit again Clarkson University less than a year after the incident. Part of the testimony during the trial showed that he was able to prove that a gentleman involved in the investigation told Mark Morris two days after the incident that he was going to be fired. This was before any official investigation had even been discussed, let alone having taken place. Thus proving that this was a planned setup. I have researched this subject thoroughly ... You really should consider doing the same!
                              Last edited by Saints#1; 04-29-2016, 01:05 PM.
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Wally's successor

http://saintsathletics.com/news/2016...marketing.aspx
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X