Clear All

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Do you not know of the movie Fargo?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Do you not know of the movie Fargo?
      Wasn't that in Bemidji?
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        Wasn't that in Bemidji?
        Brainerd, I think.

That movie blows.

Comment

Thank goodness we have a new NCAA rule coming so the Big 10 can finally compete in hockey. Did you know that the Big 10 has their own Television Network? Yeah, it's pretty cool. Hockey on TV.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Thank goodness we have a new NCAA rule coming so the Big 10 can finally compete in hockey. Did you know that the Big 10 has their own Television Network? Yeah, it's pretty cool. Hockey on TV.
            Though the BTN would rather show blowout football games from five years ago than live hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
              Though the BTN would rather show blowout football games from five years ago than live hockey.
              I honestly don't watch enough of the BTN to know the answer to this, but I was puzzled why they didn't have the MSU-UND hockey game on at 6 p.m. Sunday night. Can't have been a ton of original live programming that they would choose to cover. This type of game seems ideal for a network like the BTN. I suppose they don't want the production costs, but then why have a network?

My question is whether the BTN only shows contests between two BTN schools, or in things like basketball and football will they show live out of conference games played by B1G schools?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I honestly don't watch enough of the BTN to know the answer to this, but I was puzzled why they didn't have the MSU-UND hockey game on at 6 p.m. Sunday night. Can't have been a ton of original live programming that they would choose to cover. This type of game seems ideal for a network like the BTN. I suppose they don't want the production costs, but then why have a network?

My question is whether the BTN only shows contests between two BTN schools, or in things like basketball and football will they show live out of conference games played by B1G schools?
                They'll show games that only have one B1G Mistake team, but not always.

Mostly, they want BTN in all the homes so they can get the per-subscriber fee and then ad revenue for football and basketball games. After that, they don't much care what they put on the air.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

BTN shows a ton of non-conference basketball and football games. Why would you not want to air a B1G vs North Dakota game? Going to get better ratings then some replay of a basketball game from 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't buy the production costs argument. They had the (awful) Michigan State webcast on BTN2GoPlus or whatever the hell they call it yesterday. No need for pre or post game. Plug into the Michigan State feed, use their regular announcers and away we go.

My question is, if you aren't going to put it on TV why bother with the horrendous 2 PM Sunday game time? Might as well just play it on Saturday night if you aren't going to air it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                      BTN shows a ton of non-conference basketball and football games. Why would you not want to air a B1G vs North Dakota game? Going to get better ratings then some replay of a basketball game from 2007.
                      Sadly I don't think that the hockey game would get better ratings outside of North Dakota.

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

I don't buy the production costs argument. They had the (awful) Michigan State webcast on BTN2GoPlus or whatever the hell they call it yesterday. No need for pre or post game. Plug into the Michigan State feed, use their regular announcers and away we go.

My question is, if you aren't going to put it on TV why bother with the horrendous 2 PM Sunday game time? Might as well just play it on Saturday night if you aren't going to air it.
                        It's not always air time. When did Sparty's football team play on Saturday? The Gopher/Husky game played last night was due to the Gopher/Bucky football game played at 2:30 Saturday.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Football was at home Saturday, that's why it was Sunday. Time wasn't announced until a couple weeks ago, but since it was 3:30 anyway, puck drop probably couldn't have been until 8:30 or 9 to allow traffic to clear out.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Did they do these Sunday and Thursday games in the CCHA era? I really don't remember that being an issue for the Gophers prior to the Big 10, although I am cognizant that can sometimes be an issue and that I overlooked it in my post.

I suppose playing football in the dome for all those years alleviated some of the parking/logistical issues, but I just can't get on board with the Sunday games.
                            Last edited by Pump It Up; 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Both the Minnesota and Michigan State games were moved because of a home football game that kicked off at 2:30pm.

Comment

I know at least the last couple years of the CCHA had Thursday-Friday series due to football, one was a conference series with OSU, but I'm pretty sure the others were non-con.

I think part of the issue here is the expanded non-conference for the Big Ten. Back in the day of 28 fixed conference games, you could work with the conference to plan home and away series around basketball/football for the big schools. Now that the Big Ten doesn't start until December, they need to schedule series when they can get them to work around other schools' conference schedules. This year we've had to push three series around for Thursday or Sunday games due to football and basketball.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X