X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Only Commies and Canadians say Duck Duck Goose.
    Or anyone anywhere outside of 100 miles radius of the Twin Cities.

For the record, its harder to get home ice in the NCHC than win the Big 10. Facts.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I'm still convinced there's a great drinking game out there called "Duck, Duck, Grey Goose."
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If I wanted to read Minnesota propaganda I'd read a Wild blog.

You goose a goose on the top of their head.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I'm still convinced there's a great drinking game out there called "Duck, Duck, Grey Goose."
          Well duck farts are a thing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Well duck farts are a thing...
            Also known as a Texas Leaguer in baseball/softball.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Would you rather fight, a) a single duck the size of a horse, or, b) one hundred horses the size of a duck?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                Would you rather fight, a) a single duck the size of a horse, or, b) one hundred horses the size of a duck?
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5rgybFf-zY
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Do the horses float like a duck? Because then they might be witches.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Minny and the Sioux 2018 Vegas baby.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      Minny and the Sioux 2018 Vegas baby.
                      They couldn't have picked a less desirable location for me. I'd rather the game be in Sierra Leone with ebola patients in the crowd than Las Vegas.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        They couldn't have picked a less desirable location for me. I'd rather the game be in Sierra Leone with ebola patients in the crowd than Las Vegas.
                        They're saying it will be held at The Orleans. You'll get a chance to do both.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          NDSU Bizon fan for sure. Well boys it was a good run but the clown car from Fagor found our hockey forum and now it's ruined.
                          On the contrary, I hate the Bison. I'm so glad the Nickel Trophy is staying in GF permanently, where it belongs.
                          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            NDSU Bizon fan for sure. Well boys it was a good run but the clown car from Fagor found our hockey forum and now it's ruined.
                            At least icehawk will have someone to post with in the NDSU thread in Cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              Let me know when one of your precious NCHC teams wins a game in the Frozen Four. Winning in October and November is nice, but not as nice as winning in March and April...
                              I am late to this game, but started reading when it was created. I like puzzles....so to see if Speed's comments were warranted, I put together some numbers. This wasn't a difficult or elaborate set, but like anything, took some time as I only looked up the information while on work breaks.

I went back over the last 20 years of NCAA Tournaments as that gives us more relevance to today's teams (Even though it would help my team, I could go back further, but it's not really relevant...which is why I believe that Speed's comments were absurd in the first place.)

Anyways, back to the numbers. I assigned 1 point if you made the tournament, and then an additional point for every game a team has won. So, in the modern era with 16 teams in the tournament, there would be 31 available points: 16 points (1 for each team), 8 points (2nd round), 4 points (3rd round - F4), 2 points (Championship Game), 1 extra point for the Champion. So the winner would have 5 points, runner up with 4 and so forth.

I then added up the total points for each conference as they currently exist after the realignment regardless of what conference the team was in when they won. That way, it would coincide with Speed's initial post of the B1G winning more. Let's take a little look-sey

2014-2015 - AHA (2), B1G (1), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (13), WCHA (2)
                              2013-2014 - AHA (1), B1G (5), ECAC (7), HE (9), NCHC (6), WCHA (3)
                              2012-2013 - AHA (2), B1G (2), ECAC (11), HE (7), NCHC (8), WCHA (1)
                              2011-2012 - AHA (1), B1G (5), ECAC (5), HE (9), NCHC (6), WCHA (5)
                              2010-2011 - AHA (1), B1G (4), ECAC (4), HE (7), NCHC (14), WCHA (1)
                              2009-2010 - AHA (1), B1G (6), ECAC (5), HE (8), NCHC (7), WCHA (4)
                              2008-2009 - AHA (2), B1G (2), ECAC (4), HE (12), NCHC (8), WCHA (3)
                              2007-2008 - AHA (2), B1G (8), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (8), WCHA (0)
                              2006-2007 - AHA (1), B1G (8), ECAC (2), HE (13), NCHC (6), WCHA (1)
                              2005-2006 - AHA (2), B1G (9), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (6), WCHA (1)
                              2004-2005 - AHA (1), B1G (7), ECAC (4), HE (6), NCHC (12), WCHA (1)
                              2003-2004 - AHA (2), B1G (8), ECAC (1), HE (9), NCHC (11), WCHA (0)
                              2002-2003 - AHA (1), B1G (9), ECAC (4), HE (9), NCHC (4), WCHA (3) * Wayne St folded
                              ************************************************** ***
                              12 Team Tournament - 27pts available
                              2001-2002 - AHA (0), B1G (9), ECAC (4), HE (9), NCHC (5), WCHA (0)
                              2000-2001 - AHA (1), B1G (9), ECAC (1), HE (8), NCHC (8), WCHA (0)
                              1999-2000 - AHA (2), B1G (5), ECAC (4), HE (10), NCHC (6), WCHA (0)
                              1998-1999 - AHA (0), B1G (6), ECAC (3), HE (12), NCHC (5), WCHA (1)
                              1997-1998 - AHA (0), B1G (11), ECAC (3), HE (9), NCHC (4), WCHA (0)
                              1996-1997 - AHA (0), B1G (6), ECAC (4), HE (6), NCHC (11), WCHA (0)
                              1995-1996 - AHA (0), B1G (8), ECAC (3), HE (9), NCHC (5), WCHA (2)
                              1994-1995 - AHA (0), B1G (9), ECAC (2), HE (10), NCHC (4), WCHA (2)

Totals - AHA (22), B1G (137), ECAC (80), HE (192), NCHC (157), WCHA (30)

Take what you want from it. The breakdown is:

HE
                              NCHC
                              B1G
                              ECAC
                              WCHA
                              AHA

The most recent few years is more relevant in my opinion as it shows what the trend has been. Even using the 20 years that I used is irrelevant but I wanted some history. Sure, I could go back to the 50's and 60's to support Speed's comments.....but Michigan then is not Michigan now....same can be said for Denver and ND then versus now....

I don't know why I even cared to do this...but it was kind of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Sioux_Fan View Post
                                I am late to this game, but started reading when it was created. I like puzzles....so to see if Speed's comments were warranted, I put together some numbers. This wasn't a difficult or elaborate set, but like anything, took some time as I only looked up the information while on work breaks.

I went back over the last 20 years of NCAA Tournaments as that gives us more relevance to today's teams (Even though it would help my team, I could go back further, but it's not really relevant...which is why I believe that Speed's comments were absurd in the first place.)

Anyways, back to the numbers. I assigned 1 point if you made the tournament, and then an additional point for every game a team has won. So, in the modern era with 16 teams in the tournament, there would be 31 available points: 16 points (1 for each team), 8 points (2nd round), 4 points (3rd round - F4), 2 points (Championship Game), 1 extra point for the Champion. So the winner would have 5 points, runner up with 4 and so forth.

I then added up the total points for each conference as they currently exist after the realignment regardless of what conference the team was in when they won. That way, it would coincide with Speed's initial post of the B1G winning more. Let's take a little look-sey

2014-2015 - AHA (2), B1G (1), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (13), WCHA (2)
                                2013-2014 - AHA (1), B1G (5), ECAC (7), HE (9), NCHC (6), WCHA (3)
                                2012-2013 - AHA (2), B1G (2), ECAC (11), HE (7), NCHC (8), WCHA (1)
                                2011-2012 - AHA (1), B1G (5), ECAC (5), HE (9), NCHC (6), WCHA (5)
                                2010-2011 - AHA (1), B1G (4), ECAC (4), HE (7), NCHC (14), WCHA (1)
                                2009-2010 - AHA (1), B1G (6), ECAC (5), HE (8), NCHC (7), WCHA (4)
                                2008-2009 - AHA (2), B1G (2), ECAC (4), HE (12), NCHC (8), WCHA (3)
                                2007-2008 - AHA (2), B1G (8), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (8), WCHA (0)
                                2006-2007 - AHA (1), B1G (8), ECAC (2), HE (13), NCHC (6), WCHA (1)
                                2005-2006 - AHA (2), B1G (9), ECAC (3), HE (10), NCHC (6), WCHA (1)
                                2004-2005 - AHA (1), B1G (7), ECAC (4), HE (6), NCHC (12), WCHA (1)
                                2003-2004 - AHA (2), B1G (8), ECAC (1), HE (9), NCHC (11), WCHA (0)
                                2002-2003 - AHA (1), B1G (9), ECAC (4), HE (9), NCHC (4), WCHA (3) * Wayne St folded
                                12 Team Tournament - 27pts available
                                2001-2002 - AHA (0), B1G (9), ECAC (4), HE (9), NCHC (5), WCHA (0)
                                2000-2001 - AHA (1), B1G (9), ECAC (1), HE (8), NCHC (8), WCHA (0)
                                1999-2000 - AHA (2), B1G (5), ECAC (4), HE (10), NCHC (6), WCHA (0)
                                1998-1999 - AHA (0), B1G (6), ECAC (3), HE (12), NCHC (5), WCHA (1)
                                1997-1998 - AHA (0), B1G (11), ECAC (3), HE (9), NCHC (4), WCHA (0)
                                1996-1997 - AHA (0), B1G (6), ECAC (4), HE (6), NCHC (11), WCHA (0)
                                1995-1996 - AHA (0), B1G (8), ECAC (3), HE (9), NCHC (5), WCHA (2)
                                1994-1995 - AHA (0), B1G (9), ECAC (2), HE (10), NCHC (4), WCHA (2)

Totals - AHA (22), B1G (137), ECAC (80), HE (192), NCHC (157), WCHA (30)

Take what you want from it. The breakdown is:

HE
                                NCHC
                                B1G
                                ECAC
                                WCHA
                                AHA

The most recent few years is more relevant in my opinion as it shows what the trend has been. Even using the 20 years that I used is irrelevant but I wanted some history. Sure, I could go back to the 50's and 60's to support Speed's comments.....but Michigan then is not Michigan now....same can be said for Denver and ND then versus now....

I don't know why I even cared to do this...but it was kind of fun.
                                That was a lot of work, MN-Sioux, and interesting, but I can see at least one problem. You left out football, which we all know is at the center of speed's problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X