X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Oh, so creative, so imaginative, so clever!!! lol
    Much like your posts which I rarely read anyways since it’s the same repetitive crap over and over.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
      The Big 14 is incredibly overrated. Notre Dame is awesome and OSU is pretty good, but the rest of the league is middling to bad (scUM, MSU).

CCHA/WCHA>Big 14
      Well, "middling to bad" Minnesota just shut out your precious #1 ranked SCSU team.

The B1G is not overrated, its rated exactly where it is supposed to be rated according to the only rating system that the NCAA hockey people apparently give any credit to, the RPI.

And that RPI/pwr has 4 B1G teams heading to the NCAA tourney, basically the same as the NCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Much like your posts which I rarely read anyways since it’s the same repetitive crap over and over.
        I never claimed to be creative or imaginative or clever. I don't need to be, I just post stats and facts. I let the stats and facts I post speak for themselves.

Comment

Fact: St. Cloud State is still #1
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Fact: St. Cloud State is still #1
            Yeah? So what?? When has a regular season ranking EVER helped a team win games in the NCAA tourney??\\

SCSU STILL has trouble winning games ON THE ROAD. Whether its against #10 UMn or #42 Princeton.

Comment

Wow, this thread sure has grown since I last checked in on it a couple of months ago. Thank you to everybody who has contributed, but a special thank you to FredsDeadFriend for providing the most insightful facts and commentary. I have always known that the Big Ten schools are superior to the NCHC schools, but now thanks to all of the information you've shared I have even more evidence to back up what I already know to be true.
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Yeah? So what?? When has a regular season ranking EVER helped a team win games in the NCAA tourney??\\

SCSU STILL has trouble winning games ON THE ROAD. Whether its against #10 UMn or #42 Princeton.
                And your road record is...?
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                  Wow, this thread sure has grown since I last checked in on it a couple of months ago. Thank you to everybody who has contributed, but a special thank you to FredsDeadFriend for providing the most insightful facts and commentary. I have always known that the Big Ten schools are superior to the NCHC schools, but now thanks to all of the information you've shared I have even more evidence to back up what I already know to be true.
                  No one cares.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Wow, that's rich. A fan of a team that is 1-8-1 on the road is pointing out a other teams road record. Hahaha
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      And your road record is...?
                      Forget it, he's rolling. /AnimalHouse
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Wow, that's rich. A fan of a team that is 1-8-1 on the road is pointing out a other teams road record. Hahaha
                        I mentioned earlier how BOTH teams had trouble winning on the road, and how BOTH teams seemed to do very well at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Forget it, he's rolling. /AnimalHouse
                          He's...something...or rolling on something.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You JBSU fans are sensitive whiney little *****es, aren't you? lol

Comment

I mentioned earlier how BOTH teams had trouble winning on the road, and how BOTH teams seemed to do very well at home.
                              .500 on the road so far is not trouble.
                              There's an old saying...sweep at home...split on the road.
                              You guys have one freaking win away from home.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You JBSU fans are sensitive whiney little *****es, aren't you? lol
                                Dude...Gopher fans think you're nuts.
                                This has zilch to do with us and everything to do with you
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X