X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Well, if you make assumptions or judgements without knowing all the facts, you usually end up being wrong.

My job? I have been offered full time employment, both for the company I work for now and other companies, but I don't want to work in the winter and I usually choose to take several weeks off each summer as well. I enjoy spending time at the beach house. I'm old enough that its sort of semi-retirement. Allows me to travel and play poker which supplements my income nicely.

So no, I don't mow lawns or dig ditches or work as a maid. lol
    Well, if you can't make assumptions without knowing any of the facts, what fun would the internet be?

No harm intended. As I mentioned, the thread is all about trolling the B1G or NCHC, so all is good.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

As the fan of a team who went into the NCAA tourney as a #1 seed only to lose in the first round to the #4 seed, I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Don't assume a Yale/Union/Providence won't knock you out early.

And I'm not making excuses, just stating facts. The Big 4 of the B1G are NHL factories, and blow away the NCHC in that regard.
      Really? Now you are just making stuff up.
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Well, if you can't make assumptions without knowing any of the facts, what fun would the internet be?

No harm intended. As I mentioned, the thread is all about trolling the B1G or NCHC, so all is good.
        I can live with that SJHovey. lol You seem to know how to not take things too seriously. You I can get along with!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Funny, that's exactly what JDUBBS would say
          It might be? He got banned a lot, didn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            It might be? He got banned a lot, didn't he?
            You would know
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
              Really? Now you are just making stuff up.
              What am I making up, that the Big 4 of the B1G are NHL factories and would blow away the NCHC in that regard???

A couple days ago I looked up the points scored by each school's alums and here is the count I got,

UMN - 268
              Mich - 217
              Wisc - 182
              MSU - 89

Total for Big 4 of B1G = 756

and Notre Dame would add 103, OSU another 13 and PSU nothing yet.

UND - 211
              Dnv - 160
              Miam - 85
              CCol - 49
              UMD - 39
              UNO - 27
              SCSU - 27
              WMU - 26

Total for NCHC's 8 = 624

756 > 624

872 for all 7 of the B1G > 624 for NCHC 8.

UMn alums WHO LEFT EARLY all by themselves, have outscored ALL of the alums of SCSU, WMU, UNO, Mia, CC & UMD combined this year

No need to make stuff up when the facts work fine.
              Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-02-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                You would know
                Why is that? I haven't been around enough over the years to know about more than what I read about him from others. I was only here one season that he was here.

Comment

What am I making up, that the Big 4 of the B1G are NHL factories and would blow away the NCHC in that regard???

A couple days ago I looked up the points scored by each school's alums and here is the count I got,

UMN - 268
                  Mich - 217
                  Wisc - 182
                  MSU - 89

Total for Big 4 of B1G = 756

and Notre Dame would add 103, OSU another 13 and PSU nothing yet.

UND - 211
                  Dnv - 160
                  Miam - 85
                  CCol - 49
                  UMD - 39
                  UNO - 27
                  SCSU - 27
                  WMU - 26

Total for NCHC's 8 = 624

756 > 624

872 for all 7 of the B1G > 624 for NCHC 8.

UMn alums WHO LEFT EARLY all by themselves, have outscored ALL of the alums of SCSU, WMU, UNO, Mia, CC & UMD combined this year

No need to make stuff up when the facts work fine.
                  Again get a life
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Again get a life
                    Maybe it would take you hours upon hours to look all that up, but it didn't take me much time at all.

Comment

Seriously, only JDUBBS is this big of a loser.

Martin St. Louis having over 1,000 points in the NHL doesn't make Vermont an "NHL factory".

How many players from each school have made their debut in the NHL since the B1G and NCHC started play? That would be a better indicator of which schools are an NHL factory.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Seriously, only JDUBBS is this big of a loser.

Martin St. Louis having over 1,000 points in the NHL doesn't make Vermont an "NHL factory".

How many players from each school have made their debut in the NHL since the B1G and NCHC started play? That would be a better indicator of which schools are an NHL factory.

Vermont? LMAO!!! Of course not, Vermont's Wikipage states the program has sent 18 players to the NHL.

115 is a lot more than 18.

So no, Vermont is not an NHL factory.

UMn has sent 115 players to the NHL, if you didn't figure that out.

UMn has more than 18 in the NHL right now at this moment.
                        Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-02-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I simply mentioned that I went to UMD, which is true. I went there during the summer between my Jr and Sr year, successfully completed the course and chose the Army when I graduated HS a year later. Then after my 4 years of honorable service, I went to a different college.
                          Say what you want about them and how poorly they obviously educated their students, Devry supports veterans.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Say what you want about them and how poorly they obviously educated their students, Devry supports veterans.
                            Dirty!! Now this thread might be salvaged.

Comment

Vermont? LMAO!!! Of course not, Vermont's Wikipage states the program has sent 18 players to the NHL.

115 is a lot more than 18.

So no, Vermont is not an NHL factory.

UMn has sent 115 players to the NHL, if you didn't figure that out.

UMn has more than 18 in the NHL right now at this moment.
                              No one cares.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Dirty!! Now this thread might be salvaged.
                                How could it be saved? I thought that there was no hope for me? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X