This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    I didn't disregard it, I asked "so what?", meaning I was wondering what relevance you thought it had? How specifically is it relevant? Or is that too difficult for you to handle.
    You really need to have the relevance of it spelled out you?
    Seriously? Again...moron.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Put this thread out of its misery
      The thread was started by the troll, DaveK, with the obvious purpose of some good-natured trolling between NCHC and B1G fans. I think most of us have taken it as such.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I NEVER said that Minnesota was the true number one team. Your claiming I did, well, that kind of makes you a liar.

And I never said I graduated from UMD. In fact I was very specific about that. So either you missed that part, or AGAIN are making sh1t up in an attempt to try to make me look bad. If you are making sh1t up, well, that would be 2 pieces of evidence indicating that you are a liar. If you haven't paid enough attention, well, that's fine, but then you shouldn't act like you know what you are talking about.
        No one cares.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I think this goes to show how insecure some Big Ten(though it seems to be just Minnesota fans) folks are about their conference. Also interesting, how it is always a Minnesota fan that gets bent out of shape. It was an insecure Big Ten/Minnesota fan that created this thread and sure enough it's a Minnesota fan that gets this thread really going again. JDUBBS, DaveK/Speedy, and now this new person. Cycle continues on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Right Said Fred is in quicksand. He thinks that by fighting harder he can get out of it.

Even the Gopher fans are clowning you, dude. Just stop.
            I've been to the Gopherhole before "dude", lol, you think all Gopher fans get along and agree? And do you think the one portion cares about what the other portion thinks about them?

I could care less what the Gopher fans here think of me, much less what SCSU fans or anyone else for that matter thinks of me. Unlike some people in here, I don't need virtual friends.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              I think this goes to show how insecure some Big Ten(though it seems to be just Minnesota fans) folks are about their conference. Also interesting, how it is always a Minnesota fan that gets bent out of shape. It was an insecure Big Ten/Minnesota fan that created this thread and sure enough it's a Minnesota fan that gets this thread really going again. JDUBBS, DaveK/Speedy, and now this new person. Cycle continues on.
              Minnesota fans outnumber the rest of the big ten on this board by maybe 10:1. Yes I made that number up from just what I think, but I bet it's not too far off, with the possible exception of bucky fans. There are a few of those out there. So it's not exactly an accurate comparison. And I wouldn't say we're insecure about the conference. We all know it sucks and think it should be disbanded and go back to the way it was. That being said there are a few good teams in it this year who have the potential to make a run. But it's still early and epic collapses or rises could happen any time along the way.

EDIT:
              Oh and just to be clear... NCHC sucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I don't think getting laid off is a positive or a negative. It's typically just a fact of life for seasonal employment, like mowing yards, digging ditches or working as a maid at summer lodges. I just don't equate those positions with a person who was a standout student in "upper level" college courses.
                Well, if you make assumptions or judgements without knowing all the facts, you usually end up being wrong.

My job? I have been offered full time employment, both for the company I work for now and other companies, but I don't want to work in the winter and I usually choose to take several weeks off each summer as well. I enjoy spending time at the beach house. I'm old enough that its sort of semi-retirement. Allows me to travel and play poker which supplements my income nicely.

So no, I don't mow lawns or dig ditches or work as a maid. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  It was a bit of hyperbole on my part, but you are grasping for any kind of criteria to justify your fantasy that the Gophers are on the Huskies level. St. Cloud has played two games against teams currently in the top 5.

You said "I went to UMD." Sorry, if I assumed you graduated from there. You flunked out and went into a career in road construction. I stand corrected.
                  LOL, well you are WRONG AGAIN.

I didn't flunk out of UMD.

I simply mentioned that I went to UMD, which is true. I went there during the summer between my Jr and Sr year, successfully completed the course and chose the Army when I graduated HS a year later. Then after my 4 years of honorable service, I went to a different college.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    You really need to have the relevance of it spelled out you?
                    Seriously? Again...moron.
                    Oh, I know the relevance of it. I want to know what YOU THINK the relevance of it is, because I question whether or not you do?

Comment

You guys are adults trying to carry on a conversation with a child (yeah, I'm guilty too). It won't work. Let him babble to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        Hey, someone who recognizes that I am not JDubbs. lol And yes, some Gopher hockey fans are very insecure about the BIG Hockey Conf. Most Gopher fans HATE it and think it was the worst thing that could ever happen to Gopher hockey, some claim it completely ruined Gopher hockey. Some try to blame the Gopher's recent woes completely on the creation of the B1G.

I am not insecure about the B1G at all. I think it was a good idea, maybe not short term and specifically for the Gophers, but long term its a good thing for college hockey and imo, what is good for college hockey should be good for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          You guys are adults trying to carry on a conversation with a child (yeah, I'm guilty too). It won't work. Let him babble to himself.
                          OMG, just like the angry mob carrying off a woman accused of being a witch, they all think that they are righteous and justified in their actions. Mob mentality. The Mob never is willing to admit their being a part of the problem. That's no fun, right?!

Comment

LOL, well you are WRONG AGAIN.

I didn't flunk out of UMD.

I simply mentioned that I went to UMD, which is true. I went there during the summer between my Jr and Sr year, successfully completed the course and chose the Army when I graduated HS a year later. Then after my 4 years of honorable service, I went to a different college.
                            No one cares.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Oh, I know the relevance of it. I want to know what YOU THINK the relevance of it is, because I question whether or not you do?
                              Yeah...ok.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Hey, someone who recognizes that I am not JDubbs. lol
                                Funny, that's exactly what JDUBBS would say
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X