X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That’s rich coming from a Sioux fan.
    Not this Sioux fan son. I live in the present. Happy New Year.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      If we don't win it...we don't win it.
      To claim they can't because of history...well...makes you a...moron.
      I never said SCSU "can't" win this year. But you seem to be claiming on nothing more than the past 2-3 seasons, that the B1G conference is dead and is a joke. So who is the moron??

You are trying to force an outcome that you want, using a very limited amount of data, while ignoring the vast majority of data out there.

At the same time, in making it out as if SCSU is going to win it all this year, you are again trying to force an outcome that you want, using a very limited amount of data, while ignoring the vast majority of data out there. Not saying it can't happen, simply saying, I'll believe it when I see it, because nothing so far in history has shown me that SCSU is capable of ever doing anything whatsoever. Hey, maybe this is the year that finally, FINALLY changes, but hard to feel bad thinking otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        I never said SCSU "can't" win this year. But you seem to be claiming on nothing more than the past 2-3 seasons, that the B1G conference is dead and is a joke. So who is the moron??

You are trying to force an outcome that you want, using a very limited amount of data, while ignoring the vast majority of data out there.

At the same time, in making it out as if SCSU is going to win it all this year, you are again trying to force an outcome that you want, using a very limited amount of data, while ignoring the vast majority of data out there. Not saying it can't happen, simply saying, I'll believe it when I see it, because nothing so far in history has shown me that SCSU is capable of ever doing anything whatsoever. Hey, maybe this is the year that finally, FINALLY changes, but hard to feel bad thinking otherwise.
        1st off...i have never said the B1G is a joke..so nice try there.
        2ndly...nothing is ever history until it actually happens so saying history would say the Huskies couldn't win it is moronic because history does not and will not ever matter for the current team and season.
        History is a story line for people like you to taunt with...means zilch to the players and it means zilch to this fan too. So taunt all you want boyo...you're talking to the wind.
        Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 12-31-2017, 09:27 PM.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

1st off...i have never said the B1G is a joke..so nice try there.
          2ndly...nothing is ever history until it actually happens so saying history would say the Huskies couldn't win it is moronic because history does not and will not ever matter for the current team and season.
          History is a story line for people like you to taunt with...means zilch to the players and it means zilch to this fan too. So taunt all you want boyo...you're talking to the wind.
          Hey, if I mistook you for one of your conference mates that trash talked about the B1G, I apologize.

And I repeat, I never said SCSU "couldn't" win, I simply said, they haven't EVER done anything so far, SO, I'll wait until they do before acknowledging them. That is simply how the world works dude. How on earth is it that you haven't figured that out yet???

Call this a COD situation, Cash on Delivery. Deliver a Title and I'll pay your program some respect. Until then, all of your yapping is just "wind".

When I talk about history, it may be in the past, but it is something that ACTUALLY HAPPENED, not something a biased fan hopes will happen. It's concrete, its real, its truth. I understand why you desire to discount it, because you have no history, but that doesn't mean it's right to discount it.

Comment

Neither does winning in November and December. Which is something you SCSU fans have NEVER yet figured out, apparently.
            Idiot. I never said SCSU was going to win anything. I said that they are better than the Gophers. I said that the NCHC is superior to the B1G. You have to resort to just making stuff up to even have an argument.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Idiot. I never said SCSU was going to win anything. I said that they are better than the Gophers. I said that the NCHC is superior to the B1G. You have to resort to just making stuff up to even have an argument.
              What am I making up??? That SCSU has one of the WORST ncaa tournament resumes in the NCAA???

That SCSU hasn't produced much of anything in the way of NHL players???

That SCSU is NOT recognized as the best team in the country by either the Krach or the Massey Ratings???

That SCSU couldn't get a single win in 2 games this weekend vs the #42 ranked team in the country? That several other conference mates had similarly less than spectacular performances this weekend???
              Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 12-31-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Hey, if I mistook you for one of your conference mates that trash talked about the B1G, I apologize.

And I repeat, I never said SCSU "couldn't" win, I simply said, they haven't EVER done anything so far, SO, I'll wait until they do before acknowledging them. That is simply how the world works dude. How on earth is it that you haven't figured that out yet???

Call this a COD situation, Cash on Delivery. Deliver a Title and I'll pay your program some respect. Until then, all of your yapping is just "wind".

When I talk about history, it may be in the past, but it is something that ACTUALLY HAPPENED, not something a biased fan hopes will happen. It's concrete, its real, its truth. I understand why you desire to discount it, because you have no history, but that doesn't mean it's right to discount it.
                And again....history means ZERO to the current team. The gophers do gain an advantage because Vanek or Broten won a title...just like the Huskies are not disadvantaged because Hartigan and Lindgren didn't.
                As for you paying us respect if we win a title...you can shove that dude. Your respect is something we don't want or need.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And again....history means ZERO to the current team. The gophers do gain an advantage because Vanek or Broten won a title...just like the Huskies are not disadvantaged because Hartigan and Lindgren didn't.
                  As for you paying us respect if we win a title...you can shove that dude. Your respect is something we don't want or need.
                  You SCSU fans act just like immature teenagers, yelling and screaming for respect, despite not having done anything to earn it. If you think that ranking #1 all by itself should earn you respect, well, LOTS of teams have been ranked #1 at one time or another, and few of those teams eventually won the Title.

And you act like Minnesota fans have never been where you are, lol. Gopher fans have seen their team ranked #1 DOZENS of times, and outside of 2002&03, that #1 ranking ended up meaning nothing.

See, that is the main difference between Gopher fans and SCSU fans. Gopher fans know what its like to be ranked #1, and to experience disappointment. We also know what its like to come out of nowhere and surprise everyone. We've done it to other teams, and its been done to us.

SCSU fans have very little experience being rated #1 and simply don't know how to handle themselves.

Comment

You SCSU fans act just like immature teenagers, yelling and screaming for respect, despite not having done anything to earn it. If you think that ranking #1 all by itself should earn you respect, well, LOTS of teams have been ranked #1 at one time or another, and few of those teams eventually won the Title.

And you act like Minnesota fans have never been where you are, lol. Gopher fans have seen their team ranked #1 DOZENS of times, and outside of 2002&03, that #1 ranking ended up meaning nothing.

See, that is the main difference between Gopher fans and SCSU fans. Gopher fans know what its like to be ranked #1, and to experience disappointment. We also know what its like to come out of nowhere and surprise everyone. We've done it to other teams, and its been done to us.

SCSU fans have very little experience being rated #1 and simply don't know how to handle themselves.
                    The amount of assumptions in this are astonishing...well not really...
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I don't care about JBSU as much as the next guy, but Fred be getting owned.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I'm getting owned? Yeah sure, lol. And the moon is made out of cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                          I'm getting owned? Yeah sure, lol. And the moon is made out of cheese.
                          1. tUMD is much more whinier about respect than JBSU since they won a title
                          2. JBSU has been the better team in recent history. I hate it, but I can acknowledge that.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            So you are telling me history doesn’t dictate the future like Freddy Boy is saying?
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              So you are telling me history doesn’t dictate the future like Freddy Boy is saying?
                              History is what happened. Legacy is reputation. What happens now, is happening now. The past CAN dictate the future, but one cannot rely solely on the past to form the future.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Well maybe you respect regular season results more than NCAA tourney results? But you would be a rare bird. Find me someone out there in the real world who thinks the end of the regular season #1 rated team should get more respect than the NCAA Tournament Champion and I'd be surprised. Because what I see is UMD with 2 trips to the Championship game with a Title to boot, just in the past decade. SCSU on the other hand has just one trip to the FF and not even a single trip to the Title game.

Getting ranked #1 in the regular season is nice and all, but it doesn't mean diddly squat if you can't follow that up come NCAA tourney time.

Comment

Working...
                                X