X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You obviously are unfamiliar with me. If it needs saying, I'll say it. Heck, if it doesn't need saying, I'll say it.
    I am familiar with you Brenthoven, but my work schedule has me coming around late each season, and at least two different times I waited too long and the site wouldn't allow me to register, so I just read what people posted, so I am familiar with you, just not familiar enough. But I remember you saying something several years ago about tArrogance not claiming my other monikers, too, lol, seeing as the combo of my getting a new computer often and being away for so long I forget my passwords. I haven't only been Fredsdeadfriend. I can't remember my old moniker's, maybe something like UMnBack2BackU or UMn#1ncfbhkbsb...?? but I've always been long winded and arrogant about the University of Minnesota, and in the past about the WCHA, but now the B1G and even when JDubbs was around I got accused of being him. But I'm not him, I just say a lot of the same things I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Were you dropped on your head as a child?
      I don't know? But if I was, can't imagine how smart I could have been, seeing as I got invited to West Point. **** parents, I could have been the next Einstein maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        3rd string? All 4 of the other teams in the state have been beating up on the Gophers for the past few years. If St. Cloud is third string, it **** sure isn't because the Goofs are ahead of them.
        Yeah, and what has all that beating up on the Gophers recently done for those teams? SCSU hasn't made a Frozen Four since their one and only trip in 2013. Gophers made it more recently and did better, too.

Mankato hasn't made the Frozen Four ever. and Bemidji St hasn't made it back since they went in 09. Minny's been there twice since then.

UMD is the only Minnesota college that has earned the right for their fans to talk some sh1t to Gopher fans.

Comment

The Gophers probably won't even make the NCAA tourney, so I don't know why you are looking forward to it.

The regular season conference champs of the B1G missed the NCAAs. If that doesn't signify a joke conference, I don't know what does.

Notre Dame is having their best season ever because they just joined your clown car of a conference and are steamrolling all of the bad teams that are in it. Now that the little six stink has rubbed off on them, we are probably 2 years away from their fans calling for Jeff Jackson's head.

Good talk, JDUBBS
          Making it to ONE SINGLE SOLITARY Frozen Four in all of a program's history doesn't make SCSU a joke???

Having a sub .300 winning percentage all time in the NCAA tourney doesn't make SCSU a joke???

Having 11 former Gophers in the NHL right now with almost double the points of SCSU's best NHL product??? FIVE former Gophers are in the Top 100 in scoring in the NHL this season, while the best former SCSU player can't even crack the Top 500. Seems like a joke of a program to me.

And only being able to manage two ties against the #42 team in the country when you are supposedly the #1 team in the country is pretty weak as well.

And why don't you, since you think you are such a genius, why don't you tell me how many B1G teams will make the NCAA tourney and which ones those are?

And then how many NCHC teams will make it and which ones they are? Then come March/April, we'll see just how smart you really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Were you dropped on your head as a child?
            I’d say several times
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              I’d say several times
              Well you can say you are the king of France, doesn't make it so.

Comment

Hey there are 28 teams with more NCAA tourney wins than SCSU and FORTY-ONE teams with a better NCAA tourney winning percentage than SCSU.

41 Let that sink in. 41.

In contrast, there are ZERO teams with more NCAA tourney wins than UMn.
                Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 12-31-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  Hey there are 28 teams with more NCAA tourney wins than SCSU and FORTY-ONE teams with a better NCAA tourney winning percentage than SCSU.

41 Let that sink in. 41.

In contrast, there are ZERO teams with more NCAA tourney wins than UMn.
                  History doesn't win titles...moron.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Making it to ONE SINGLE SOLITARY Frozen Four in all of a program's history doesn't make SCSU a joke???

Having a sub .300 winning percentage all time in the NCAA tourney doesn't make SCSU a joke???

Having 11 former Gophers in the NHL right now with almost double the points of SCSU's best NHL product??? FIVE former Gophers are in the Top 100 in scoring in the NHL this season, while the best former SCSU player can't even crack the Top 500. Seems like a joke of a program to me.

And only being able to manage two ties against the #42 team in the country when you are supposedly the #1 team in the country is pretty weak as well.

And why don't you, since you think you are such a genius, why don't you tell me how many B1G teams will make the NCAA tourney and which ones those are?

And then how many NCHC teams will make it and which ones they are? Then come March/April, we'll see just how smart you really are.
                    St cloud is the best team in the country by any objective measure RIGHT NOW. You can toss out whatever stats you want about Gopher players that left school 10 years ago. They are worse than St Cloud this year, they were last year, and they were the previous year. If you have to get your jollies from Blake Wheeler or Phil Kessel scoring goals for other teams, have at it.

Notre Dame LOST to Sacred Heart. St Cloud has only lost on the road against the defending national champs who brought back almost everyone. So if you want to use this weekend as your barometer, enjoy the next 5 days. Next weekend we will see.

Notre Dame and Ohio State for the B1G
                    SCSU, Nodak, Denver, WMU and Duluth for the NCHC
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      He’s like a Packer and Cowboy fan. Living in the past and all
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        He’s like a Packer and Cowboy fan. Living in the past and all
                        That’s rich coming from a Sioux fan.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Neither does winning in November and December. Which is something you SCSU fans have NEVER yet figured out, apparently.

Comment

St cloud is the best team in the country by any objective measure RIGHT NOW. You can toss out whatever stats you want about Gopher players that left school 10 years ago. They are worse than St Cloud this year, they were last year, and they were the previous year. If you have to get your jollies from Blake Wheeler or Phil Kessel scoring goals for other teams, have at it.

Notre Dame LOST to Sacred Heart. St Cloud has only lost on the road against the defending national champs who brought back almost everyone. So if you want to use this weekend as your barometer, enjoy the next 5 days. Next weekend we will see.

Well, I'll see if the NCAA is willing to create a Trophy to award to the team ranked #1 on Dec 31st each year, and SCSU can win their FIRST EVER trophy that way, lol.

Might be the only way they'll ever win anything, if you go by history.

Comment

The Krach has Notre Dame ranked #1.

And the Massey Ratings has Clarkson ranked #1, and SCSU is only #3.
                              Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 12-31-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Well, I'll see if the NCAA is willing to create a Trophy to award to the team ranked #1 on Dec 31st each year, and SCSU can win their FIRST EVER trophy that way, lol.

Might be the only way they'll ever win anything, if you go by history.
                                If we don't win it...we don't win it.
                                To claim they can't because of history...well...makes you a...moron.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X