Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ten > NCHC

Lucia Apologist

Re: Big Ten > NCHC

You said hundreds of billions. Nice try. Itís ok to just be wrong.

I didnít look it up. I knew it from years of following the CIC and the big ten. Actually, you know, researching things and understanding before I ran my mouth.

Youíre also using university priorities compared to athletic priorities. Theyíre almost independent save for admission to the Big Ten athletic conference.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You said hundreds of billions. Nice try. Itís ok to just be wrong.

I didnít look it up. I knew it from years of following the CIC and the big ten. Actually, you know, researching things and understanding before I ran my mouth.

Youíre also using university priorities compared to athletic priorities. Theyíre almost independent save for admission to the Big Ten athletic conference.
    Oh sure, I WAS WRONG, thought I admitted as much, but it was the "impact" that I said was in the hundreds of billions as the "impact" is always much bigger than the amount invested, as the financial worth of the companies and inventions and products that result from the money invested into University research is multiplied many times.

I mean I think it's quite telling when a fan of several of the B1G hockey schools can claim that their University all by itself has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the entire SEC conference combined. The same could probably be said about the other Hockey conferences as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    A century ago??? lol

1996 Michigan won the Natl Title.
    1997 A former Gopher coached UND to the Natl Title.
    1998 Michigan won the Natl Title, Ohio St made the Frozen Four.
    1999 Mich St made the Frozen Four.
    2000 A former Gopher coached UND to the Natl Title.
    2001 Both Michigan and Mich St made the Frozen Four, A former Gopher coached UND to the Frozen Four.
    2002 Minnesota won the Natl Title, Michigan made the Frozen Four.
    2003 Minnesota won the Natl Title, Michigan made the Frozen Four.
    2005 Minnesota made it to the Frozen Four.
    2006 Wisconsin won the Natl Title.
    2007 Michigan St won the Natl Title.
    2008 Notre Dame got to the Title Game, Michigan also made the Frozen Four.
    2010 Wisconsin got to the Title game.
    2011 Michigan got to the Title game.
    2012 Minnesota got to the Frozen Four.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    B1G and NCHC hockey conferences formed.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    2014 Minnesota made it to the Title Game.
    Fixed your post (again).
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

GREAT weekend for the almighty greatest conference ever in the history of college hockey, the NCHC!!!!

#1 SCSU at least didn't lose to #42 Princeton, lol. Two ties. Wow!! Impressive.

#2 Denver, not to be outdone by SCSU's incredible weekend, LOSES to #38 Merrimack, lol. At least they beat #41 Air Force.

#16 UMD ties #47 Dartmouth. I guess that's better than losing, lol.

#20 CC loses to #41 Air Force!! But at least did what Denver couldn't, and beat #38 Merrimack.

So far that's 2-2-3 vs #38, #41, #42 & #47.

Only NCHC team with an impressive weekend was the one coached by a former B1G player!!!

GREAT weekend for the almighty greatest conference ever in the history of college hockey, the NCHC!!!!

#1 SCSU at least didn't lose to #42 Princeton, lol. Two ties. Wow!! Impressive.

#2 Denver, not to be outdone by SCSU's incredible weekend, LOSES to #38 Merrimack, lol. At least they beat #41 Air Force.

#16 UMD ties #47 Dartmouth. I guess that's better than losing, lol.

#20 CC loses to #41 Air Force!! But at least did what Denver couldn't, and beat #38 Merrimack.

So far that's 2-2-3 vs #38, #41, #42 & #47.

Only NCHC team with an impressive weekend was the one coached by a former B1G player!!!
    I bet you didnít get a minute of sleep after posting this eh. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    I bet you didnít get a minute of sleep after posting this eh. LMAO.
    Actually I had one of my best nights of sleep all winter,

My Gophers swept Army easily without our young star Casey who was in on all 3 goals to beat the hated Canucks, which makes me feel good about my Gophers getting into the NCAAs along with 3 other B1G teams, B1G football teams won all 7 of their bowl games, my Gopher bb team won and without their starting PG, and Jordan Murphy got his 15th double double to start the season and is just 2 away from tying the NCAA record, the Lady Gopher BBers are 12-2, former Gopher Letteri scored his first NHL goal in his first game and there are 5 former Gophers in the Top 100 of scoring in the NHL this year. Minnesota alum, all by themselves, are outscoring SCSU, Miami, UNO, UMD, CC & WMU alums combined!!! The only negative is the NHL not taking an Olympic break, because I could see 5-6 former Gophers all having a shot including Kessel, Wheeler, Leddy & Haula for the US and Vanek for Austria. Oh, and both the former Gophers coaching college hockey got big wins this weekend, sweeping #19 Union and getting a split with #7 Mankato and a former Gopher is coaching an Olympic Hockey team that is thought by many to be favored to win the Gold.

Life in the B1G is good.

Kings affiliate

Do you still think Blais is coaching UNO?
    He's not...so no gopher there moron.

Actually I had one of my best nights of sleep all winter,

My Gophers swept Army easily without our young star Casey who was in on all 3 goals to beat the hated Canucks, which makes me feel good about my Gophers getting into the NCAAs along with 3 other B1G teams, B1G football teams won all 7 of their bowl games, my Gopher bb team won and without their starting PG, and Jordan Murphy got his 15th double double to start the season and is just 2 away from tying the NCAA record, the Lady Gopher BBers are 12-2, former Gopher Letteri scored his first NHL goal in his first game and there are 5 former Gophers in the Top 100 of scoring in the NHL this year. Minnesota alum, all by themselves, are outscoring SCSU, Miami, UNO, UMD, CC & WMU alums combined!!! The only negative is the NHL not taking an Olympic break, because I could see 5-6 former Gophers all having a shot including Kessel, Wheeler, Leddy & Haula for the US and Vanek for Austria. Oh, and both the former Gophers coaching college hockey got big wins this weekend, sweeping #19 Union and getting a split with #7 Mankato and a former Gopher is coaching an Olympic Hockey team that is thought by many to be favored to win the Gold.

Life in the B1G is good.
    Maybe get a life

I wish I lived in a world where everything seemed great with the Gopher hockey program and athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Do you still think Blais is coaching UNO?
    He's not...so no gopher there moron.
    That makes me a moron??? lol Are you qualified to make such an assessment?

So the old guy retired? I'm fine with that, now I have no reason whatsoever to give a sh1t about the last place team in the NCHC. And some jerk SCSU fan who is butthurt about not being able to get a win vs a lowly #42 ranked Princeton squad in two tries, and my drawing attention to it calls me a moron? lol That makes me laugh.

What? I'm supposed to feel bad for not following UNO in the offseason?? The majority of my hours at my job come in the spring and the fall, so I have a hard enough time following what goes on with my Gophers much less having one second of my life to waste being concerned about some lowly NCHC teams off season doings. By the time I get some free time again in the fall, the season is already well under the way.

And unlike SCSU fans, my school has more than one team worth following.

Hey, I know it's frustrating having been no better than 3rd or 4th string in your own state for all of these decades, and being SO far behind the #1 and #2 that you may NEVER catch either of them, but that is no reason to call someone a moron.

Several of my friends went to SCSU, as did my brother in law, but they are all Gopher fans. There is no law that says you must be an SCSU fan and that you must hate the Gophers, that's a choice you have made and some, not me, but some may say that is the kind of choice only a moron would make seeing how little SCSU has done in it's history. But I see it as heroic, good for you, sticking with your hometown team. I'll forgive you for calling me a moron, I know you couldn't help it, us Gopher fans are just such arrogant ashholes sometimes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    I wish I lived in a world where everything seemed great with the Gopher hockey program and athletic department.
    It seems to be this Fred dudes life. Guy writes a novel every time he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Well, it was one good night of sleep, after one good weekend. It wasn't long ago, the weekend the Vikes lost their 3rd game, it seemed like every Gopher team in action lost.

It seems to be this Fred dudes life. Guy writes a novel every time he posts.
    I get laid off for the winter, so lots of time. And having a lot to say and talk about has to be better than the opposite.

I follow the Vikes, the Wild, Gopher alums in the NHL, Gopher Men's & Women's Hockey, Football, Men's & Women's BB, Wrestling, and even the Gymnastics and Swim and Diving teams, etc.. If I get bored I might check on the Timberwolves.

It's not "my life", but it's an enjoyable pastime when it feels like -22 degrees outside and I'm not working.

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    I get laid off for the winter, so lots of time. And having a lot to say and talk about has to be better than the opposite.

I follow the Vikes, the Wild, Gopher alums in the NHL, Gopher Men's & Women's Hockey, Football, Men's & Women's BB, Wrestling, and even the Gymnastics and Swim and Diving teams, etc.. If I get bored I might check on the Timberwolves.

It's not "my life", but it's an enjoyable pastime when it feels like -22 degrees outside and I'm not working.
    Dude, no one cares about you or what is going on in your life.

Kings affiliate
    That makes me a moron??? lol Are you qualified to make such an assessment?

So the old guy retired? I'm fine with that, now I have no reason whatsoever to give a sh1t about the last place team in the NCHC. And some jerk SCSU fan who is butthurt about not being able to get a win vs a lowly #42 ranked Princeton squad in two tries, and my drawing attention to it calls me a moron? lol That makes me laugh.

What? I'm supposed to feel bad for not following UNO in the offseason?? The majority of my hours at my job come in the spring and the fall, so I have a hard enough time following what goes on with my Gophers much less having one second of my life to waste being concerned about some lowly NCHC teams off season doings. By the time I get some free time again in the fall, the season is already well under the way.

And unlike SCSU fans, my school has more than one team worth following.

Hey, I know it's frustrating having been no better than 3rd or 4th string in your own state for all of these decades, and being SO far behind the #1 and #2 that you may NEVER catch either of them, but that is no reason to call someone a moron.

Several of my friends went to SCSU, as did my brother in law, but they are all Gopher fans. There is no law that says you must be an SCSU fan and that you must hate the Gophers, that's a choice you have made and some, not me, but some may say that is the kind of choice only a moron would make seeing how little SCSU has done in it's history. But I see it as heroic, good for you, sticking with your hometown team. I'll forgive you for calling me a moron, I know you couldn't help it, us Gopher fans are just such arrogant ashholes sometimes, lol.
    Nice word vomit...moron.

Ignore the actual a holes when the talk goes beyond hockey.

Falling on fans at NHC since 2001

Real rough weekend for the NCHC, yet they still have 4 of the top 10 teams in the nation, including #1.

I am really looking forward to next weekend, we will get to see how all those highly touted recruits on the Gophers stack up against the Gopher rejects. JDUBBS can then go back to extolling the virtues of the little six's research bona fides and making up more BS about how their conference isn't a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Nice word vomit...moron.
    SCSU = 1 and only 1 trip to the Frozen Four in all of history. And a .278 winning percentage in the NCAA tourney.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!

Must be fun being 3rd string? I wouldn't know. LOL

SCSU = 1 and only 1 trip to the Frozen Four in all of history. And a .278 winning percentage in the NCAA tourney.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!!

Must be fun being 3rd string? I wouldn't know. LOL
    Canít figute out why gopher fans are known to be arrogant. Good gawd

Lucia Apologist

Canít figute out why gopher fans are known to be arrogant. Good gawd
    He sounds like a Sioux fan

Thread Information